BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulled The Engine And Trans Out This Weekend

+6
OldRedFord
windsor
Bigshank
bbf-falcon
342g
patfromjersey
10 posters

Go down

Pulled The Engine And Trans Out This Weekend Empty Pulled The Engine And Trans Out This Weekend

Post  patfromjersey May 31st 2010, 7:21 pm

I spent all day Friday, half a day today, and the engine and trans are out of the Fairlane. I'm going to be installing the C6 I bought from Richard Talley at the Bash, freshening up some gaskets on the intake, oil pan, and timing cover, repainting some parts to make it look purdy again, and cleaning up the engine compartment. The 4-speed was nice for awhile, but after this last Bash, I want something a lot more consistent and trouble free. I think my homemade hydraulic clutch setup reach it's maximum adjustment range, because after my 8th run, I couldn't get it into gear anymore, without shutting the car off, and re-starting. I've had problems with it going into gear smoothly, since the last Bash. I don't think the clutch is disengaging enough to change gears. The flywheel, clutch disk, and pressure plate look pretty good. I'm going to resurface the flywheel and try to sell it, along with the disk and pressure plate. I think I'm going to sell the big spline in/out top loader as well. This is the original out of my 70 Torino Cobra. Rick told me he has a buddy that would be interested, so I have to find out how much it's worth. I had this same type C6 in the Fairlane, before the 521, and I'm kicking myself for not keeping it in there. At least it's in my brother's 47 Ford Truck, with the Fairlane's old 472. I'm dying to see how quick my Fairlane really is in the 1/8th and 1/4, because I've never had it shifting right, and lose a lot of time between shifts. I'll compare the two setups, once I get there. Cool

Pulled The Engine And Trans Out This Weekend 521617

Pulled The Engine And Trans Out This Weekend 521621

Pulled The Engine And Trans Out This Weekend 521622
patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Pulled The Engine And Trans Out This Weekend Empty Re: Pulled The Engine And Trans Out This Weekend

Post  342g May 31st 2010, 7:47 pm

Good luck ole buddy, and keep us posted.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Pulled The Engine And Trans Out This Weekend Empty Re: Pulled The Engine And Trans Out This Weekend

Post  bbf-falcon May 31st 2010, 9:36 pm

Cool deal Pat Smile Wish we all lived closer,I feel bad I'm not there to help ya. Good Luck pat

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigshank May 31st 2010, 10:45 pm

make sure to sell the hydraulic clultch lol! keep us post on work later pat
Bigshank
Bigshank

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor June 1st 2010, 1:53 am

Smile This makes me happy

Can't wait to hear results! good luck!
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  OldRedFord June 1st 2010, 2:39 am

Keep us updated please. I want to do a mid 60s BBF Fairlane next.
OldRedFord
OldRedFord

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 June 1st 2010, 9:53 am

Cool. Keep the pics coming.
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  devildog June 1st 2010, 9:55 am

Cool to see ya working on it Pat...and changing things up. You will probably like the car alot better with the C6....I still love 4 speeds though....What convertor are you planning on running????....D

devildog

Back to top Go down

Post  meteor545 June 1st 2010, 1:16 pm

if you need a new home for those parts... i happen to need everything that goes between a bbf and a toploader

meteor545

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv June 1st 2010, 1:54 pm

shoot Pat after yankin all those gears down the track your gonna get bored with that c6 Laughing good luck bud Cool
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  patfromjersey June 1st 2010, 6:39 pm

Thanks Guys! Very Happy Rich had a PTC 10" converter that went with the deal, so that's what I'm going to put in. I called one of the guys at PTC, with all the numbers on the converter, and it should stall around 4000rpm. Rich told me it stalled with the transbrake at 5400rpm, but I plan on footbraking it. If the converter ends up being too loose, I can send it back to them to bring it down. My car is 95% street, so I'm hoping it's closer to 3500-4000. We'll see. I'm going to hang on to the Wilwood hydraulic setup for my Dad's Falcon. I bought a CNC slave cylinder, but Wilwood makes a longer throw slave cylinder, that may have been the ticket with my setup, but I want to go with the automatic anyway. I will part everything else, so as soon as I clean everything up, I will post pics and prices. I'm going to resurface the flywheel, before I sell it. There's no cracks at all, and the section the disk was on is really smooth and shiny. The outer section of the flywheel has some surface rust, that should come off easy. I'll be sure to post back with the work done. Cool
patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down