BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Track report

4 posters

Go down

Track report Empty Track report

Post  dr's wife racing June 1st 2010, 11:05 am

Finally got the car to the track results were less than spectacular.Ran 6.20's on foot brake the trans still was not right when I tried to put the trans brake on.The alcohol tune is off going to change to a 37 nozzle and reset the toilet. I still have the nos converter in and it is too tight.I think it will be some better on the brake.Hope we can get some better #'s with this week at T&T. I only got a couple of pass's as it was reg race night they were just letting me fall in line with the real race cars.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Track report Empty Re: Track report

Post  the Coug June 1st 2010, 11:34 am

Ward not to shabby for first time out running a 9.80 in the 1/4

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Track report Empty track time

Post  dr's wife racing June 1st 2010, 4:05 pm

I feel like it will run better once it is tuned. I want at least a 6.00 out of it with no spray.I think it should do that. I may wind up having to change converters.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 1st 2010, 4:20 pm

Curious why you think the tune was off? Also where the converter flash to?
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Track report Empty Tune

Post  dr's wife racing June 2nd 2010, 11:30 am

Jon the egts were low at dle and high at top end 380'S at idle and 1200's at top end. car left hard but was flat on top end. Had to run a 104 pill.Converter was flashing to abot 4500 on foot brake ??? on trans brake,only tried it once due to time costraints. Going to reset it at 37 noz and 90 pill and 20 % on leak down.This is what James Monroe said to do with the data I had
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 2nd 2010, 12:45 pm

higher number pill = leaner, lower number = richer.

Don't get wrapped up in the egt numbers, if you try to tune by them you'll be lost for sure, they are a good reference once you get it dialed in.

With a gold 0.5 pump, 36 nozzel and 104 pill I bet it was lean up top..........but 1200 is not far out of line, plus how where you getting that number? was that a max recorded temp or just watching it? Also which header tube was it in? The idle temp which is not real important can be adjusted with the BV.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Track report Empty tune

Post  dr's wife racing June 2nd 2010, 3:34 pm

The EGT was off of #5 cyl. it was a max recorded temp. during the run not the burn out. I hope that adjusting the band will able me to use the trans brake. I plan on going back to T&T tomorrow night and hope to get some better #'s.Monre said this should not change too much but will put it a range to not have to use such large pill on the return should help a lean condition on top end ??? I guess? this is a learing curve for me.I'm not used to working with something I don't have a handle on and don't fully understand.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 2nd 2010, 4:00 pm

Call me Ward.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr June 2nd 2010, 4:43 pm

so NOS makes a converter...dam it man..yo v-tech just kicked in...maybe you meant a nitrous converter ....NOS = nitrous oxide system

Last edited by johndickjr on June 2nd 2010, 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug June 2nd 2010, 4:48 pm

personally Ward I would step it up a step and run it. keep stepping it up till your MPH drops and back it up... a step...

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 2nd 2010, 5:08 pm

johndickjr wrote:so NOS makes a converter...dam it man..yo v-tech just kicked in...maybe you meant a nitrous converter ....NOS = nitrous oxide system

Not sure it was just your name that led to you being called a dick..................
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 2nd 2010, 5:10 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:The EGT was off of #5 cyl. it was a max recorded temp. during the run not the burn out. I hope that adjusting the band will able me to use the trans brake. I plan on going back to T&T tomorrow night and hope to get some better #'s.Monre said this should not change too much but will put it a range to not have to use such large pill on the return should help a lean condition on top end ??? I guess? this is a learing curve for me.I'm not used to working with something I don't have a handle on and don't fully understand.

what nozzel did it have with the 104 pill?
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Track report Empty pill/ nozzle

Post  dr's wife racing June 2nd 2010, 6:04 pm

Jon I had a 38 with the 104 pill.Will you pm me your phone # I killed my phone and no longer have it. Thanks
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Track report Empty converter

Post  dr's wife racing June 2nd 2010, 6:28 pm

The converter is a 9.5 inch 17 fin steel stator bolt togather converter designed by Kenny ford at PTC. It is set up to run with drag radials in a heavy car ie 3000 lbs It is set up to run with Nos. It has a soft lock up but a fairly high stall speed,as not to blow the radials off.I no longer run radials but run a 10.5 Micky Thompson. I do know what nos stands for as I have run it since 1986.
I appriciate you reading my thread I do not pretend to be a expert but have a long history of racing fords and feel that I have a fairly kn
owledge base. I'm just having a hard time with the switch to alcohol. Not sure if you were trying to be funny or snipe me.
Maybe this will clear up any confusoin about who made my converter.I also have a Motor only converter made buy the same people but that is another story.I can give specs later if if I put it in the car!
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Track report Empty T&T

Post  dr's wife racing June 4th 2010, 10:40 am

My car seems stuck in the 6.20's on foot brake it.When I try the trans. brake it spins past the 100 foot mark. spins so hard at the hit I thought the trans wsa acting up again. 60 foot is is 1.39 on foot brake and 1.59 on trans brake.The tires have about 10 pass's on them.This susp set up worked fine last yr with a 150 sho that came on with release of trans brake. The track was fine no one else was having problems.The snake jelly and alcohol seem to work fine the power is there,just have to figure out a way to get hooked up.I'm not sure I can tolerate the alcohol it makses my throat sore every time I run it,the car is sealed up good and have turnouts but it still gets to me.Back to the drawing board.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down