BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What have I gotten myself into?

+9
DILLIGASDAVE
richter69
jason
mach1charlie
Greg_P
Northwest outlaw
stangr8cr
72mav
GearBeer
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What have I gotten myself into? - Page 2 Empty Re: What have I gotten myself into?

Post  Wayne Pearce August 23rd 2009, 7:32 pm

Gearbeer: You would do well to take up Al Martin's offer, because from what I can see in your photo's - MAN, YOU HAVE YOUR WORK CUT OUT FOR YOU! Don't get me wrong, your car looks far better than my 50 Ford did when I started on it - but there's a multitude of sins readily visisble (and it's the ones that ain't so visible that will bite on the ass the hardest). Have Al give it a real good look over, and start correcting the mistakes - stick with it, and it can be a sweet ride! It ain't gonna be cheap, but seldom is a good thing "easy"!

Wayne (SAWDSOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

What have I gotten myself into? - Page 2 Empty Re: What have I gotten myself into?

Post  72mav August 23rd 2009, 11:33 pm

Hi Wayne,
Thanks for bump up. And welcome to the club. Had enough down the street??
Regards.
Al
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  GearBeer August 24th 2009, 11:57 am

This car is in about the same condition as my 'vert when I bought it. I'm thinking of it as a low expectations experiment in body work. Laughing

I'd definitely like Al to take a look at it. I think his conclusion will be more of the same, but it'd be nice to have a pro give me an honest appraisal.

Update: I called around to 7 or 8 machine shops and race shops in the Pontiac area and no one does sonic testing or knew of anyone who did sonic testing. Pulling it out is continually sounding more probable.

GearBeer

http://home.comcast.net/~kyle.lehrmann/mygarage.html

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 August 24th 2009, 4:46 pm

here is a site you can call they do roll cages and ask them if they have one to fit your car I bought 12 point cage for my ranger from them seam to be good people to deal with if you are looking to get a prebent cage.
http://appliedracing.com/

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 26th 2009, 4:11 pm

Car looks to have alot of potential IMO, I'd start by getting rid of the crappy looking cage and get you something new, s&w, alston etc. I'd redo all the welds on the chassis they do not look very good visualy.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum