BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OK, What's the deal.?

5 posters

Go down

OK,  What's the deal.? Empty OK, What's the deal.?

Post  ThndrChkn June 20th 2010, 10:10 pm

OK, here's my question. Last year at one of my tracks, I can't remember which one, they told me I had to have regulation height driver #'s & class designation letters. They said they couldn't recall right then what they were but said to check the rule book. After checking the rule book, it said the driver #'s had to be a minimum of 6" high and 1-1/2" wide, and the class designation letters are to be a minimum of 3" high and 1" wide. I had the decal shop make them at the minimum sizes, and @ 6", the numbers take up a LOT of area on my windows. I noticed today while watching the pro classes @ Bristol, that their #'s didn't "appear" to be that big. Are these guys really that picky that I can't use a smaller number, as long as it's clearly visible fromthe towers at the tracks I run at?

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

OK,  What's the deal.? Empty Re: OK, What's the deal.?

Post  Nevs June 20th 2010, 10:28 pm

ThndrChkn wrote:OK, here's my question. Last year at one of my tracks, I can't remember which one, they told me I had to have regulation height driver #'s & class designation letters. They said they couldn't recall right then what they were but said to check the rule book. After checking the rule book, it said the driver #'s had to be a minimum of 6" high and 1-1/2" wide, and the class designation letters are to be a minimum of 3" high and 1" wide. I had the decal shop make them at the minimum sizes, and @ 6", the numbers take up a LOT of area on my windows. I noticed today while watching the pro classes @ Bristol, that their #'s didn't "appear" to be that big. Are these guys really that picky that I can't use a smaller number, as long as it's clearly visible fromthe towers at the tracks I run at?

Doug... Cool

That's about the size of it Doug. I know where you're coming from, have had the same problem in the past.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn June 20th 2010, 10:32 pm

Thanks Steve. That's kinda what I figured. I guess I'll have to leave them and see if they grow on me. Maybe it's just the shape of the side windows that make them look so big.?

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 20th 2010, 10:40 pm

Mine are witin the specs, but around here as long as they can see them
from the tower its ok.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs June 20th 2010, 10:44 pm

richter69 wrote:Mine are witin the specs, but around here as long as they can see them
from the tower its ok.

A lot of it depends upon the track and if the personnel like you or not... Idea It was just easier to put the big numbers on than to argue! Laughing
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn June 20th 2010, 10:56 pm

Nevs wrote:
richter69 wrote:Mine are witin the specs, but around here as long as they can see them
from the tower its ok.

A lot of it depends upon the track and if the personnel like you or not... Idea It was just easier to put the big numbers on than to argue! Laughing

That's exactly right Steve. Me being one of the ONLY Ford guys there, I agree, just put them on and go run it. Rolling Eyes

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon June 21st 2010, 6:31 am

They aren't that picky around here. Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird June 21st 2010, 9:53 am

Doug ,I usually make the sides 3" to 3 1/2" and 4" on the front and rear. The tech guys at Indy told me as long as they are visible from the tower it's ok. scratch king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down