BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All the hard work FINALLY paid off....

+12
D's557BBF
valleydawg
bruno
65-429Falcon
dfree383
Lem Evans
billandlori
IDT-572
Northwest outlaw
Nevs
c.evans
ThndrChkn
16 posters

Go down

All the hard work FINALLY paid off.... Empty All the hard work FINALLY paid off....

Post  ThndrChkn June 27th 2010, 10:34 pm

Well guys, I finally was able to make 3 passes in the truck today at our local airport drags. With exception to the 1st pass, I'm very happy with the results from the day. Here's the scoop:

1st pass:
I rolled through the water and the guys running it stopped me right in the water. I had no idea, so when I was given the OK to spin, I did. Well obviously I saturated the underside of my tubs, 'cause when I hit the throttle, I went up in smoke instantly. My son "said" the camera was broke, so he didn't capture this less than stellar run.

2nd pass:
After some butt chewin" I had a much better burnout, as you'll soon see. Check out our 'nostalgic" tree Cool Very Happy Anywho, after all the street tired cars got done tearing up the starting line, the Banana almost blew the tires off again, but I was able to salvage it, and pulled off a 6.58. No MPH though 'cause they had some trouble with the system. I was foot braking my last 2 passes, becuse of the traction situation on the 1st pass. Almost to no avail.
All the hard work FINALLY paid off.... Th_001

3rd pass:
This one was very similar on the launch. Again footbraking, it still spun hard and I pedaled it and off we went, about 100' out it started to wash out, and I pedaled it again, and still ran a 7.001 and still beat the other guy Cool Laughing
All the hard work FINALLY paid off.... Th_002-2

I want to thank all those who helped me get the Banana ready for the track. Even though most were phone conversations.
Jason (Northwest outlaw) --- Advise.

Al Martin --- Advise.

Lem Evans --- Parts

Scotty @ RHP --- Lots of advise

Randy The 'coug --- Lots of advise

And Blake "The Snake Cartwright" --- This thing is doing AT LEAST what you said Blake. I could tell when the tires took hold, that it was makin' more power!! Thank you sir for all your help. Wink

Oh yeah. nothing to do with my truck, but I owe a MONSTER thanks to Phillip Oakley for helping me over the phone with prepping the track for today. The Alcohol Funny Car guys and many others, including the people that promted it, each personally thanked me for all the hard work I put into the track for them so they could put on a good show for the fans.

MAN, I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Doug... Cool

ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

All the hard work FINALLY paid off.... Empty Re: All the hard work FINALLY paid off....

Post  c.evans June 27th 2010, 10:41 pm

Congratulations Doug Exclamation Very Happy

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

All the hard work FINALLY paid off.... Empty Re: All the hard work FINALLY paid off....

Post  Nevs June 27th 2010, 10:43 pm

Pretty impressive considering the track conditions and footbraking. Congrats.

Traction did seem to be an issue! Laughing

Last edited by Nevs on June 27th 2010, 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Northwest outlaw June 27th 2010, 10:50 pm

Cool deal Doug i cant see videos if they are videos ill have to try the wifes blackberry the comp is only running half speed.
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 June 28th 2010, 12:08 am

Cool Deal.................
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori June 28th 2010, 3:11 am

That's great Doug!! I love it when a plan comes together!! Sounds like with a bit of bite, she should really run a good number for ya.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans June 28th 2010, 9:41 am

cheers

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 28th 2010, 10:03 am

good deal Doug !! Glad to see everything is workin.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  65-429Falcon June 28th 2010, 10:50 am

Good to hear that your making some passes!! I always love to see trucks going fast. I always had a truck and my friends and I would tune them and turn them as fast as we could. Our local cruising strip was over run with Fox's and it was great to see mg buddy Zacs 77 F-100 blow them away. It usually surprised them what a built 390 and slicks would do! I also love the idea of the airport drags!
65-429Falcon
65-429Falcon

http://kevinb0906@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno June 28th 2010, 11:00 am

Looks like fun Doug ..... nice passes , cant wait to see her on a good track Twisted Evil

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  valleydawg June 28th 2010, 11:04 am

Sweet. Looks like fun.
I had a 69 Ford truck that I put a 429 in as a teenager (really guess it was early 20's). That is what got me started at this game. Still think about that truck from time to time.
valleydawg
valleydawg

Back to top Go down

Post  D's557BBF June 28th 2010, 12:13 pm

I love that lil' yellow truck!! cheers Congrats Doug...
D's557BBF
D's557BBF

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn June 28th 2010, 1:27 pm

Thanks for all the comments guys. Denaro's comment made me think of a conversation I had with a guy at the track yesterday. They were saying they thought it was a Ranger. I told them, nah, the way it sits it's more like a Ranger in Big Truck clothes. Laughing I don't know for sure what the density altitude was, but the track altitude is at 3800' and it was 87* and about 30-40 % humidity. But, my truck ran only 1/10 slower here than it did last year on a well seasoned track in the best air they've ever had. The D/A that day was 5900', with a track altitude of 5500'.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 28th 2010, 1:29 pm

Damn Doug !!! Thats Like Racing in Space !!! Shocked Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn June 28th 2010, 1:32 pm

Kinda like Deep Purple's song, "Space Truckin". Wink

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty June 28th 2010, 10:57 pm

Kinda looks like you were busy at the wheel there. That's how my truck looks most of the time going through mud pits. Shocked BBF power laying it down and making it fun. Twisted Evil
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn June 29th 2010, 8:26 am

Yeah, the 1st pass was just a little squirrely to about 100' or so, then the afterburner came on and bye bye. The 2nd pass, I must have hit a bald patch from one of the street tire guys, 'cause it wouldn't come out of it like it did before. Those guys have to learn how bad they tear up the surface with those street tires if they don't get out of it when they start spinning. Evil or Very Mad

I can't wait to get it to a better starting line to see how it does. Funds pending that is.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  95lightiningguy June 29th 2010, 11:02 pm

Love that truck, its sweet. Cool
95lightiningguy
95lightiningguy

Back to top Go down

Post  devildog June 30th 2010, 4:03 pm

Good stuff....Glad you are enjoying it all...............D

devildog

Back to top Go down

Post  patfromjersey July 2nd 2010, 10:21 pm

Congrats Doug! cheers I'm glad you're back in the saddle again. Cool
patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down