BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Single venturi Pro systems carb.

+11
Lem Evans
017stosh
richter69
bruno
bbf-falcon
nuclearcobra
Mark Miller
69F100
billandlori
TravisRice
514Fox87
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Single venturi Pro systems carb. - Page 2 Empty Re: Single venturi Pro systems carb.

Post  Mark Miller July 8th 2010, 12:52 am

TravisRice wrote:
bruno wrote:No disrespect to the owner or engine builder , just that the carb deal seemed small

I did not take it that way either. Just stating that these guy's work on thier stuff to no end, where as most bolt something on, say it did not work, and take it right back off. Much like an airpan deal, just can't put one on and expect miracles. It takes a lot of effort to get ALL the little things right.

Travis Cool

Travis,

Right on if anybody would ever doubt Charlie Booze's tunning ability must not have ever seen his 4 dood Torino run.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Single venturi Pro systems carb. - Page 2 Empty Re: Single venturi Pro systems carb.

Post  TravisRice July 10th 2010, 9:26 am

[img] http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4101/4764813929_d8d247bedd_b.jpg [img]

Frank had the wagon at Maple Grove last weekend in 100* heat and terrible humidity. looks like the car still ran some decent numbers judging by the dial in.

Travis

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  feetfirst July 11th 2010, 12:52 am

I haven't been posting results with this carb yet, as im still sorting out this new setup.........but I can say the SV1 is the real deal.

The response is insane, gets on the transbrake so clean, its unreal. The biggest surprise is the car back half's the 1/4 with 34 mph (27% ) which tells me the carb is performing great under load at high rpm. (average mph increase in the back half is 25% increase in mph)

What I have found is it likes 8-9 psi fuel pressure..........had it at a tad over 6 psi, and the car was surging in the top end......
feetfirst
feetfirst

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller July 11th 2010, 12:56 am

TravisRice wrote:[img] http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4101/4764813929_d8d247bedd_b.jpg [img]

Frank had the wagon at Maple Grove last weekend in 100* heat and terrible humidity. looks like the car still ran some decent numbers judging by the dial in.

Travis

Travis,

Thanks for the picture nice wheels up launch for the station wagaon,Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice July 11th 2010, 8:26 am

feetfirst wrote:I haven't been posting results with this carb yet, as im still sorting out this new setup.........but I can say the SV1 is the real deal.

The response is insane, gets on the transbrake so clean, its unreal. The biggest surprise is the car back half's the 1/4 with 34 mph (27% ) which tells me the carb is performing great under load at high rpm. (average mph increase in the back half is 25% increase in mph)

What I have found is it likes 8-9 psi fuel pressure..........had it at a tad over 6 psi, and the car was surging in the top end......

Interesting deal with the fuel pressure. Can you post some ET numbers from before and after with the SV1 as well as the MPH gains of both as well ?? Almost sounds unreal . No disrespect.

Travis

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  feetfirst July 11th 2010, 10:31 am

TravisRice wrote:
feetfirst wrote:I haven't been posting results with this carb yet, as im still sorting out this new setup.........but I can say the SV1 is the real deal.

Interesting deal with the fuel pressure. Can you post some ET numbers from before and after with the SV1 as well as the MPH gains of both as well ?? Almost sounds unreal . No disrespect.

Travis

Are you talking different carbs? I don't have any back to back carb swap passes yet...but will. This is a whole new chassis/engine/trans combo, and I now have 7 passes on it, making my first full pass yesterday @ 156.8 mph.

Been having issues with ignition which now seem to be resolved.

I can say this, we did do a carb swap with a Dale Cubic prepared carb, trying to eliminate the issues, and the car actually slowed down by 1.5 tenths......right from 60 ft and all the way thru the 1/8th it lost performance over the SV1...

As far as the fuel pressure..........I made a pass yesterday, car was still lazy in the upper rpms in first gear, and really noticable in second, to a point where i had to back out from lack of fuel......144 mph ??

Next pass, I upped the fuel pressure from 6.25 psi to 8.5 psi, and it pulled right thru the top end...156.8 mph ??

Can it be the fuel pump? Don't know......its a front mounted fuel system, aeromotive 1000 pump/return regulator setup....
feetfirst
feetfirst

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2