BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theoretical 521 build

2 posters

Go down

Theoretical 521 build Empty Theoretical 521 build

Post  OldRedFord August 23rd 2009, 9:50 pm

Curious how much of a nasty engine I would have to build to get my truck into at least low 11s. Whenever I get to the point that I want to go to that level the truck would be race only so street manners do not matter. I would probably go with a fiberglass front end and fiberglass doors, and bed sides to cut weight. (Right now she tips the scales at 4000 lbs) I am not ready to build anything like this cause A. Dont have the money. B. Defiantly not ready to handle the kind of power I would need.

So I am looking for any good advice, suggestions etc. Very Happy

If I need to go bigger then a 521 then that can be taken into consideration also.
OldRedFord
OldRedFord

Back to top Go down

Theoretical 521 build Empty Re: Theoretical 521 build

Post  The Mad Porter August 25th 2009, 12:49 am

650 HP will put 3700 pounds in the 10.90's.

10.5 to 1 545
P-51's out of the box
XR292R solid street roller cam
Victor intake and 950 HP
675 HP and over 700 pound feet.

Add the other logical pieces and your goal will be surprisingly easy to achieve from a power standpoint. Getting 720 pound feet to the ground is another story...

There is nothing exotic about the above combo. Hell you could do it with a good pair of ported iron heads and a flat tappet cam for that matter. All about choosing the right pieces.

What a Face
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com

Back to top Go down