BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragstrip teching

+12
D. Sea
Treeyasoon
bruno
PROSTREET66
56Tbird
bb429power
Doug Rahn
nuclearcobra
Tommyj466
c.evans
342g
bbf-falcon
16 posters

Go down

Dragstrip teching Empty Dragstrip teching

Post  bbf-falcon July 8th 2010, 11:51 pm

Just wondering what the tech rules are around the country for teching. My closest track is 1hr away in Northern West Virginia.Its IHRA,and when you get your car teched ,it stays good the rest of the year. National Trails is in Columbus Oh.NHRA 1.5 hrs away,and they make you tech each and every time you go.Kilkare is in Xenia OH.1.75 hrs.NHRA and I'm not sure about it. I think Norwalk(NHRA) is good for 1/2 yr.
How about where you race. I like the 1 time deal myself. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Dragstrip teching Empty Re: Dragstrip teching

Post  342g July 8th 2010, 11:54 pm

If they know you, and know that you take care of your car, once the start of the year, rest of the time, just turn your card in.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans July 9th 2010, 12:21 am

Guys,

Speaking of Kil-Kare,,,, the two BB Ford powered black dragsters of Kristina Lawyer and Bobby Small,,,plan on being there on the 17th of this month (July) for the NHRA Div 3 Jegs Quick 32 race. I'll be there too and I'd love to see some of you BB Ford guys there. Currently Kristina is #2 in points and Bobby is #6 in points.

I've been working on Bobby's engine Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, because Lawes was bailing hay. Bobby broke a planetary set Saturday night and the engine went "upstairs", so we wanted to pull the heads and check all the valves and valve springs, replaced the roller lifters and etc. Bobby was buttoning it back up tonight. Very Happy

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommyj466 July 9th 2010, 5:36 am

Tech is signing your tech card and taking it to the tower around here. Very Happy

TJ
Tommyj466
Tommyj466

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 9th 2010, 6:14 am

Around here you tech it in everytime but when they know you they just sign the card and your good,i run my car up anyway so other racers dont their pantys in a wad Sad
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn July 9th 2010, 6:54 am

LOL, tech at our track is, fill out the card and your good for life. Dragstrip teching Icon_lol Dragstrip teching Icon_lol Only two rules, Helmet and Seat Belt.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 9th 2010, 7:27 am

Yeah I would like the "once a year" thing as well. But you know the idiots would do crap to their car and get away with it because it wasn't teched THAT DAY. It should be every time for safety whether you like it or not. At my HS nats there was a guys that only had a couple lug nuts on and just for kicks he epoxyed some on. Shocked Then another kid last minute before the drags did a cheapo axle shaft repair and just did a quick, crappy weld on it. It broke of course.

I don't like having to get teched in, a lot gets by it, but if we didn't then could you imagine what it would be like? Drag racing would then be considered dangerous and a gamble with life and death. Laughing

The HS Nats are twice a year and every time we go we have to get teched in. But they probably do that because there's a bunch of N00bS out there that don't know squat. Milan Dragway (NHRA).
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird July 9th 2010, 7:28 am

At US60 here ,all you need is to be breathing..I think you could race naked ...If You Choose To???? lol! king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 9th 2010, 7:30 am

56Tbird wrote:At US60 here ,all you need is to be breathing..I think you could race naked ...If You Choose To???? lol! king
It sounds like you know of this from experience. Wanna share it with us? Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  342g July 9th 2010, 7:48 am

c.evans wrote:Guys,

Speaking of Kil-Kare,,,, the two BB Ford powered black dragsters of Kristina Lawyer and Bobby Small,,,plan on being there on the 17th of this month (July) for the NHRA Div 3 Jegs Quick 32 race. I'll be there too and I'd love to see some of you BB Ford guys there. Currently Kristina is #2 in points and Bobby is #6 in points.

I've been working on Bobby's engine Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, because Lawes was bailing hay. Bobby broke a planetary set Saturday night and the engine went "upstairs", so we wanted to pull the heads and check all the valves and valve springs, replaced the roller lifters and etc. Bobby was buttoning it back up tonight. Very Happy

Uncle Charlie

Good luck up there Charlie, that place is a mess, you might want to go to www.usadragracingchat.com, and read up on kk, they are having all sorts of trouble.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  PROSTREET66 July 9th 2010, 7:50 am

Dan-o, Is that the same as running like a "RAPED APE"????
PROSTREET66
PROSTREET66

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird July 9th 2010, 8:09 am

PROSTREET66 wrote:Dan-o, Is that the same as running like a "RAPED APE"????
Sort of ...only different lol!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno July 9th 2010, 9:52 am

no tech in the Gump just turn your tech card in ...... G-ville was a diff story , you were tech everytime ......

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 9th 2010, 10:50 am

Indy did the most thorough tech when I was there one year doing the goodguy's deal. They checked everything.They wasn't going to let me run because my NEW seat belts was dated ahead a month later. I think he was blonde AND a noobe. Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon July 9th 2010, 11:01 am

bbf-falcon wrote:Indy did the most thorough tech when I was there one year doing the goodguy's deal. They checked everything.They wasn't going to let me run because my NEW seat belts was dated ahead a month later. I think he was blonde AND a noobe. Rolling Eyes
It seems like they tech the hell out of the faster cars but, not the slower stuff as much.
In the past, at my local track, you got teched in the first time out and they gave you a sticker to put on the windshield for the rest of the year.
They lost their best tech guy so, this year, it is much more lax than in previous years. Rolling Eyes
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea July 9th 2010, 12:12 pm

Tommyj466 wrote:Tech is signing your tech card and taking it to the tower around here. Very Happy

TJ

He's not lying Razz
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 9th 2010, 12:14 pm

D. Sea wrote:
Tommyj466 wrote:Tech is signing your tech card and taking it to the tower around here. Very Happy

TJ

He's not lying Razz

Thats how it is here, but the tracks all know me, and that my junk is A+HeRo status................ Arrow
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea July 9th 2010, 12:17 pm

richter69 wrote:
D. Sea wrote:

TJ

He's not lying Razz

Thats how it is here, but the tracks all know me, and that my junk is A+HeRo status................ Arrow

Dragstrip teching Hero_2
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 July 9th 2010, 1:48 pm

Around here they tech your billfold and thats it. Which suits me fine, I hate for any sob telling me what I will or will not do when its my money and my car. As I have said before, my stuff WILL be safe, (b/c I'm the one in it, not them) but it might or might not meet their standard.
bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 July 9th 2010, 7:40 pm

TJ
x2 Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 9th 2010, 7:43 pm

Hell the tech guy comes to my trailer.............. Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 9th 2010, 8:35 pm

Come to think of it, when we did tech in they didn't really do crap. But like mentioned, I know my car is going to be safe because I'm the one racing i it. For others it doesn't run through their head that way, like lets say epoxying lug nuts on a car. Rolling Eyes I haven't run in one of the big events yet, just wait till I get my truck done. Twisted Evil I think I'll call her, "Green Rush" Neutral
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 9th 2010, 9:07 pm

Got LiL Tweety certified today,he did a good thorough inspection of the chassis. he said the reason the car was heavy was that the builder used extra heavy tubing,but I would'nt ever have to worry about it.It passed w/flying colors. $200 Evil or Very Mad What a money rackett Rolling Eyes Glad I got it done though. Good for 8.50

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 9th 2010, 9:12 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Got LiL Tweety certified today,he did a good thorough inspection of the chassis. he said the reason the car was heavy was that the builder used extra heavy tubing,but I would'nt ever have to worry about it.It passed w/flying colors. $200 Evil or Very Mad What a money rackett Rolling Eyes Glad I got it done though. Good for 8.50

the the recert this year was a bit more than last time.............what do ya do.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl July 9th 2010, 9:50 pm

I'm the Tech Director at Medicine Hat -MHDRA Drag Strip here in Alberta Canada and if you don't bring your car though tech you'd best be not even warming it up on the return road !! We Tech each and every car ,every race weekend !! The only exemption is if you have an ETI done and then we still randonly retech cars ! I know it's a pain but at least you know the car in the other lane was safe when it went through tech that weekend . If you don't have ALL you SFI # and punch out dates be ready to take you car back to your pit and have it jacked up and stripped so all the SFI# and dates came be verified m, I started 10 years ago handing out SFI# and date sheets for the racer and all the numbers are enter into a computer program that tells me a month before when someones belts -shields are going to expire . saves on cheating !! only took one example to be made for everyone to keep in line ie ; take away a class win and trophy ,cheque ($1350)and points because the trans shield and flexplate were expired
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down