BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

procomp distributor.are they any good or no

+12
95lightiningguy
rmcomprandy
bb429power
Nevs
maverick
bbf-falcon
richter69
bosshoss
schmitty
res0rli9
bronco
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

procomp distributor.are they any good or no Empty procomp distributor.are they any good or no

Post  bronco July 10th 2010, 9:50 pm

i got a friend of mine to order me a one wire distributor and it showed up.and its is a procomp. so are they any good or should i just put it on the shelf.
it says high preformance billet distributor. dont know the price yet.no insructions came in the box. and it is a two piece with a adapter for the bottom of the shaft.the cam gear is on the second piece.have never seen one like this before.no part number. Rolling Eyes
kyle

bronco

Back to top Go down

procomp distributor.are they any good or no Empty Re: procomp distributor.are they any good or no

Post  res0rli9 July 10th 2010, 9:52 pm

send that thing back as fast as possible affraid

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

procomp distributor.are they any good or no Empty Re: procomp distributor.are they any good or no

Post  bronco July 10th 2010, 9:55 pm

is this from personal experience or are you trying to save richter69 some meat on the ends of his fingers Laughing

bronco

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty July 10th 2010, 10:00 pm

Pretty much the consensus on the PC stuff is that it has stuff that moves be very leary of it. Cool
Did you get that manifold on yet Kyle? Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  bosshoss July 10th 2010, 10:05 pm

There has been at least a few threads on here and the other site specifically detailing the problems with pro comp distributor. Seems like the weak link is the joint between the upper and lower halves of the shaft. They generally snap off and leave you dead on the side of the road.

dkp
bosshoss
bosshoss
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 July 10th 2010, 10:06 pm

bronco wrote:is this from personal experience or are you trying to save richter69 some meat on the ends of his fingers Laughing

His fingers are HeRo TuFf Laughing

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bronco July 10th 2010, 10:08 pm

it is at the builders. he started machining friday.
i know i am asking for it with this PC thread. but i have to ask.i am a little leary on it.i may save it for a 460 i am putting in an old 61 pickup i picked up a couple years ago for the street.too many projects for my own good.too little time to do any.
i will be buying a holley distributor off another guy so i will likely use it instead.

bronco

Back to top Go down

Post  bronco July 10th 2010, 10:10 pm

res0rli9 wrote:
bronco wrote:is this from personal experience or are you trying to save richter69 some meat on the ends of his fingers Laughing

His fingers are HeRo TuFf Laughing
Laughing

bronco

Back to top Go down

Post  bronco July 10th 2010, 10:19 pm

bosshoss wrote:There has been at least a few threads on here and the other site specifically detailing the problems with pro comp distributor. Seems like the weak link is the joint between the upper and lower halves of the shaft. They generally snap off and leave you dead on the side of the road.

dkp
that is kinda what i am wondering. if people have had issues with these distributors.i know the bbf heads are junky. but they must have some good parts.i hope anyway.
i wound up with a procomp waterpump too and i had a heck of a time to get it to quit leaking.finally threw away the o rings and made a set of gaskets for it. Mad . that thing cost me alot of time.had it on and off atleast 5 times or more.drove me to drinking two nites in a row Very Happy

bronco

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 10th 2010, 10:23 pm

Are they any good? Hell to the no............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bronco July 10th 2010, 10:42 pm

richter69 wrote:Are they any good? Hell to the no............
Laughing ok,guess i will put it on the shelf.thanks guys.

bronco

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 10th 2010, 11:03 pm

Get a Ford Duraspark and a MSD box. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  138 July 10th 2010, 11:06 pm

I wanna see someone build a motor with everything "pro-comp" makes and run it...

Back to top Go down

Post  bronco July 10th 2010, 11:07 pm

msd box is coming, with a rev limiter for the wifey. Shocked

bronco

Back to top Go down

Post  bronco July 10th 2010, 11:08 pm

138 wrote:I wanna see someone build a motor with everything "pro-comp" makes and run it...
x2

bronco

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty July 11th 2010, 7:01 am

Kyle, MSD makes a line of "ready to run" one wire dizzy's also and they are quite affordable. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  bronco July 11th 2010, 8:24 am

schmitty wrote:Kyle, MSD makes a line of "ready to run" one wire dizzy's also and they are quite affordable. Cool

i will have to look into that. i am sure the builder will have some suggestions for me also.

bronco

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick July 11th 2010, 8:31 am

138 wrote:I wanna see someone build a motor with everything "pro-comp" makes and run it...

Don't forget the Valium and a pair of comfortable shoes.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs July 11th 2010, 9:13 am

bronco wrote:
schmitty wrote:Kyle, MSD makes a line of "ready to run" one wire dizzy's also and they are quite affordable. Cool

i will have to look into that. i am sure the builder will have some suggestions for me also.

Given the fact he got you this distributor, I'd question any suggestions he might make........ Idea
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 11th 2010, 11:49 am

A "Walmart" engine.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 11th 2010, 12:25 pm

richter69 wrote:

A "Walmart" engine.
Basically.....
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty July 11th 2010, 1:10 pm

Nevs wrote:
bronco wrote:

Given the fact he got you this distributor, I'd question any suggestions he might make........ Idea
X2!
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  bronco July 11th 2010, 5:28 pm

Nevs wrote:
bronco wrote:

the friend and the builder are two different people all together, the buider dislikes procomp as much as everyone else. will not use them in his engines and will not order procomp parts for his customers. Very Happy Very Happy

bronco

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 11th 2010, 5:39 pm

I've checked-out just about every distributor which Pro Comp makes and the only ones which seem to be worth a crap are the Mopar models which don't have a distributor gear; those Mopars are all a one piece shaft and seem to be OK.
Every other one of their distributors - "good luck".

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 11th 2010, 11:01 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:I've checked-out just about every distributor which Pro Comp makes and the only ones which seem to be worth a crap are the Mopar models which don't have a distributor gear; those Mopars are all a one piece shaft and seem to be OK.
Every other one of their distributors - "good luck".
Randy, Do you remember the name of the builder of the new Dizzy you sold me at the swap for my friend ? We installed it and it's doing great.(Cruiser) Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next