BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

procomp distributor.are they any good or no

+12
95lightiningguy
rmcomprandy
bb429power
Nevs
maverick
bbf-falcon
richter69
bosshoss
schmitty
res0rli9
bronco
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

procomp distributor.are they any good or no - Page 2 Empty Re: procomp distributor.are they any good or no

Post  95lightiningguy July 12th 2010, 2:36 am

richter69 wrote:
138 wrote:I wanna see someone build a motor with everything "pro-comp" makes and run it...

A "Walmart" engine.
Problem is they would sell a bunch and when they didnt work those morons would be on here cryin, "MY MOTOR DONT WORK HELP". affraid Can you imagine the forsale section full of Pro-Comp crap. affraid affraid affraid
95lightiningguy
95lightiningguy

Back to top Go down

procomp distributor.are they any good or no - Page 2 Empty Re: procomp distributor.are they any good or no

Post  rmcomprandy July 12th 2010, 11:03 am

bbf-falcon wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:I've checked-out just about every distributor which Pro Comp makes and the only ones which seem to be worth a crap are the Mopar models which don't have a distributor gear; those Mopars are all a one piece shaft and seem to be OK.
Every other one of their distributors - "good luck".
Randy, Do you remember the name of the builder of the new Dizzy you sold me at the swap for my friend ? We installed it and it's doing great.(Cruiser) Smile

Then you got a good one, (that's why I didn't just send it back after checking it out), but, those are the exceptions rather than the rule.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 12th 2010, 11:22 am

Was that a Pro Comp Question I did'nt look at the brand affraid

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  jones July 12th 2010, 11:25 am

Did ya'll read the artical in last months 5.0 magazine? They built a stroker small block using all Pro-comp parts except the distributor. They bought one and installed one but for reasons unknown to the readers they had to change to a MSD distributor. MSD, Mallory, etc are just to reasonable to gamble money away with the Procomp unit.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  96Mustang460cid July 12th 2010, 11:44 am

I could be wrong, but didn't Pro Comp enter an engine in the EMC???

Have a good day!
Michael
96Mustang460cid
96Mustang460cid

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH July 12th 2010, 12:13 pm

96Mustang460cid wrote:I could be wrong, but didn't Pro Comp enter an engine in the EMC???

Have a good day!
Michael
was that the --ENGINGES MOSTLY CRAP or the ENGINES MADE in CHINA contest ?

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 12th 2010, 12:57 pm

96Mustang460cid wrote:I could be wrong, but didn't Pro Comp enter an engine in the EMC???

Have a good day!
Michael

They are a sponsor this year; (for their fabricated valve covers, I think).

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 12th 2010, 12:59 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Was that a Pro Comp Question I did'nt look at the brand affraid

It was either a Pro Comp or a Pro Form. I really can't remember which because a lot of both have passed through here.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger July 12th 2010, 3:03 pm

jones wrote:Did ya'll read the artical in last months 5.0 magazine? They built a stroker small block using all Pro-comp parts except the distributor. They bought one and installed one but for reasons unknown to the readers they had to change to a MSD distributor. MSD, Mallory, etc are just to reasonable to gamble money away with the Procomp unit.

I saw that. The one they did use said 'Westech' on it. I figured it was more of a "use the dyno facility's dist that is already setup because dyno time is expensive" situation rather than a "it didn't work" situation.

I have a Procomp dist and ran it in the Ranger. I am no Procomp cheerleader, but I had no issues with it and will more than likely run it in the Mustang too. It has the 2 piece shaft setup, where the drive gear/oil pump drive is separate from the shaft. If the oil pump driveshaft was attached to it, it would be just like a Mopar setup. I actually kinda like that feature. Makes it easy to R&R the dist.

BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  jones July 12th 2010, 3:28 pm

I think it would have been interesting if they went over the Pro-comp block they used. Instead of just saying that they had a machine shop put the block togather. I'd like to know how it diminesional (sp) and core shift compared to the Dart and FRPP small blocks.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger July 12th 2010, 3:39 pm

I just started getting that mag and was surprised to see the number of ProComp parts used in the engine builds. Like most magazines, I suspect they have a tendency to glaze over the in-depth tech stuff needed sometimes make stuff work as advertised.
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 12th 2010, 11:09 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:Was that a Pro Comp Question I did'nt look at the brand affraid

It was either a Pro Comp or a Pro Form. I really can't remember which because a lot of both have passed through here.

I looked at it today. It was a Pro Form. He loves it for his cruise truck Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2