BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HP difference from DOVE to D3 heads

4 posters

Go down

HP difference from DOVE to D3 heads Empty HP difference from DOVE to D3 heads

Post  tiger July 11th 2010, 12:23 am

How much hp will I loose if I take off my ported and big valved dove heads and replace them with a set of ported and big valved d3 heads. Everything stays the same except the heads and they are both max ported heads. This is on a flattop piston engine with a c460 cam.

tiger

Back to top Go down

HP difference from DOVE to D3 heads Empty Re: HP difference from DOVE to D3 heads

Post  schmitty July 11th 2010, 7:05 am

You aren't going to lose that much really. Compression is what is going to change the equation in this case. Maybe 20 or so HP. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

HP difference from DOVE to D3 heads Empty Re: HP difference from DOVE to D3 heads

Post  rmcomprandy July 11th 2010, 5:54 pm

YES ... it will all be about finished compression ratio. The actual head differences will mean little.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter July 11th 2010, 7:56 pm

Just to reinforce what has been said.

With equal static c/r and proper portwork meaning similar flow rates...

Negligable !!!

Cool
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tiger July 11th 2010, 9:32 pm

Thanks for the input guys, I was just curious if I took the doves off to make it more street friendly and replace them with d3ve heads if I would loose a bunch of power. The doves gave me around 11.3 and the d3's will be around 9.3. I am hopeing I only loose the 20 hp that smitty was talking about.

tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter July 11th 2010, 10:54 pm

tiger wrote:Thanks for the input guys, I was just curious if I took the doves off to make it more street friendly and replace them with d3ve heads if I would loose a bunch of power. The doves gave me around 11.3 and the d3's will be around 9.3. I am hopeing I only loose the 20 hp that smitty was talking about.

You can figure about 6 to 7% loss. The c/r difference depends on final chamber sizes.

Very Happy

The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down