BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warren Jonson rips the NHRA a new one

+8
Nevs
83-88T-Bird Guy
73f100shortbox557SCJ
bbf-falcon
Old blue Racin Team
dfree383
richter69
OldRedFord
12 posters

Go down

Warren Jonson rips the NHRA a new one Empty Warren Jonson rips the NHRA a new one

Post  OldRedFord August 24th 2009, 5:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-9Sx2KJQX8

affraid
OldRedFord
OldRedFord

Back to top Go down

Warren Jonson rips the NHRA a new one Empty Re: Warren Jonson rips the NHRA a new one

Post  richter69 August 24th 2009, 6:32 pm

kinda reminds me of Albert.............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Warren Jonson rips the NHRA a new one Empty Re: Warren Jonson rips the NHRA a new one

Post  dfree383 August 24th 2009, 6:37 pm

I'd be supprised if the nhra management isn't talking with guido about a contract on old wj right about now.... Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team August 24th 2009, 6:40 pm

dfree383 wrote:I'd be supprised if the nhra management isn't talking with guido about a contract on old wj right about now.... Laughing

Yup Very Happy
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 24th 2009, 10:56 pm

I'm not a WJ fan but, I can def. see his point. He's always whining about something but, I thing this time it's legit.
He is still a DICK Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  73f100shortbox557SCJ August 24th 2009, 11:35 pm

right on rick!

warren= pig
73f100shortbox557SCJ
73f100shortbox557SCJ

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy August 25th 2009, 7:13 am

You tell 'em WJ.
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs August 25th 2009, 7:16 am

bbf-falcon wrote:I'm not a WJ fan but, I can def. see his point. He's always whining about something but, I thing this time it's legit.
He is still a DICK Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I've met Warren, and while he is opinionated, he was a gentleman and very informative. I don't think I'd call him a dick, however. Just one mans experience.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  73f100shortbox557SCJ August 25th 2009, 1:23 pm

Ive presonally talked to warren (tried talking to warren) many times and he is so stuck up its ridiculous you cant get a converstation goin with him for nothing....he thinks hes king shit....and that was 5-10 years ago when he was doing well and youd think he would have been a bit nicer then ahat he was(especially at the time being)..

Bob glidden ftw! Smile Smile Cool
73f100shortbox557SCJ
73f100shortbox557SCJ

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham August 25th 2009, 1:48 pm

I was always a big BG fan and still am, but he is just like WJ. While helping Chuck Ford on the Matco ProMod team, Chuck Ford and I tried to talk to him at the Hampton Inn at breakfast and he was a butt. It was all crew members for various teams getting ready to head to the track and he was still a stuck-up and very rude. I was in the elevator with Larry Morgan and he talked to me and was very polite. Oh well, I guess it's just his nature.
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav August 25th 2009, 8:53 pm

Not a WJ fan myself, But I agree with him. Theese sanctioning bodies need to get off their AZZ and take care of their tracks, instead of waiting untill someone gets hurt.
I like his statement; Scalping the fans. Hes got that right!

As far a manerisms is concerned, NONE OF THEM COULD HOLD A CANDLE TO DYNO-DON! R.I.P.
Al
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 25th 2009, 9:16 pm

Al Martin wrote:Not a WJ fan myself, But I agree with him. Theese sanctioning bodies need to get off their AZZ and take care of their tracks, instead of waiting untill someone gets hurt.
I like his statement; Scalping the fans. Hes got that right!

As far a manerisms is concerned, NONE OF THEM COULD HOLD A CANDLE TO DYNO-DON! R.I.P.

Al
I agree about Don,Back in the early /mid 70's when he had the Pinto me and a friend was at the Spring Nationals in Columbus and we helped Dyno Don and crew push the Pinto in the staging lanes. When we were finished he came to the back of the car and shook our hands and told us Thanks Guy's. I will never forget that. Very Happy
I lost alot of respect for WJ back when Bob was kickin his A$$ each and every week.A reporter was interviewing him on TV and ask him what he thought BoB and Etta's secret to winning was. His comment was Well, He's obviously cheating and walked away. Thats A Dick and a sore loser.JMO

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs August 25th 2009, 10:00 pm

Apparently, I caught him on a good day... Wink Very Happy
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  John I. August 26th 2009, 12:45 am

I always hated the guy too, and then one day I was walking around from the west side grandstands at Pomona, and walked by the short little bugger, and he gave me a big smile and said hi, how are ya, and I hated him a bit less. Very Happy

John I.
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug August 26th 2009, 8:56 am

Rick I met Don years ago and every time he came to OKC and Dallas I tried to see him there. He was always very nice and always treated you really nice.... I have had and still have some of his parts, and bought them from him... I also have visited with Animal Jim a few times very nice guy also....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down