BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transbrake or footbrake how much diffrence does it make ?

+6
Barney
jcoxracing
whatbumper
johndickjr
feetfirst
nuclearcobra
10 posters

Go down

Transbrake or footbrake how much diffrence does it make ? Empty Transbrake or footbrake how much diffrence does it make ?

Post  nuclearcobra July 21st 2010, 1:38 pm

with everything remaining the same just changing to a transbrake about how much et will a car gain ? i never tried one before.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Transbrake or footbrake how much diffrence does it make ? Empty Re: Transbrake or footbrake how much diffrence does it make ?

Post  feetfirst July 21st 2010, 1:49 pm

That is not a fair question.........it all depends on your stall, (if it is designed for transbrake), carburetor responsiveness (4150 or dominator style) etc, etc.......

But what it does do, is drop your reaction times by 0.08 or so......
feetfirst
feetfirst

Back to top Go down

Transbrake or footbrake how much diffrence does it make ? Empty Re: Transbrake or footbrake how much diffrence does it make ?

Post  johndickjr July 21st 2010, 2:12 pm

on my 347 car, it was a lot faster on the foot brake, when i used the t-brake it would blow the tires off, just because it was not sit up right, on the foot brake it would flash 3500ish and on the tranny brake 4800, im sure if it hooked up it would have been faster, so just becasue you put a brake on it dont mean it will be faster

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 21st 2010, 2:32 pm

Thanks feetfirst, i should've put this in the build section under my post about the new motor, anyway its a 84 hatch about 2635lbs with driver,70 472'' with diamond flattops, unported scj heads with backcut intakes,unported 4150 victor, aed 950 or aed 1030 to try,cam is RHP spec solid flat tappit , hughs 4000 stall,c6 , 8.8 with 390 gears and 28x10 hoosiers,qa1 k member,a arms with 175lb springs 70/30's and ladder bars, 50/50's out back.

Last edited by nuclearcobra on August 13th 2010, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper July 21st 2010, 4:20 pm

Every car that we have had has ran the same with or without the transbrake. only thing that changed was the reaction time as stated above.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 21st 2010, 6:49 pm

Thanks guys, that takes care of the saying i here from some that you'll get 2 to 3 th's from that transbrake it hits so hard off the line.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jcoxracing July 23rd 2010, 11:16 pm

I gained about 3 tenths when I was running my little windsor in my 67 coupe. That was only because I couldn't fully utilize my stall because I couldn't foot brake the car high enough. I personally have found the trans break button a lot more consistent. I will never go back to a foot brake after being spoiled with a button.
Justin
jcoxracing
jcoxracing

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney July 23rd 2010, 11:28 pm

My car picks up a solid tenth in the 60 ft and generally 2 tenths in the 1/4 off of a brake. It does hit the tire a TON harder off of a brake, but every car seems a little different.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 24th 2010, 9:45 am

Thats what i always thought and have heard, because it gets on the converter harder than you can holding it back with the footbrake...I had a few people ask if i use a transbrake on the cobra 2 because it leaves so hard,i say well thats just nos with a nos converter on the footbrake and a few still argue and say nos dont give you that much off the line and i say Whaaaat Shocked
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori July 24th 2010, 12:47 pm

nuclearcobra wrote:Thats what i always thought and have heard, because it gets on the converter harder than you can holding it back with the footbrake...I had a few people ask if i use a transbrake on the cobra 2 because it leaves so hard,i say well thats just nos with a nos converter on the footbrake and a few still argue and say nos dont give you that much off the line and i say Whaaaat Shocked

There is never any shortage of "experts" at the track. It's pretty funny to listen to some of them. Then it just get annoying.....

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 24th 2010, 3:22 pm

Thanks for the replys everybody Cool i see every car reacts diffrent to it, i was thinking about trying it thats all.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockFalcon July 24th 2010, 9:14 pm

My Falcon really doesn't change. 1-2 hundreds that running it back to back. Running the footbrake and electronic class.
BigBlockFalcon
BigBlockFalcon

http://www.fquick.com/BigBlockFalcon

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper July 25th 2010, 11:47 pm

I have dual rear calipers so it holds better BUT we leave off the brake at 4250 and footbrake at 4250. Our converter goes a little over 5000.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 26th 2010, 12:07 pm

It depends all in the setup of the combo. My ole Maverick was the same w/or w/o. The Falcon is a full 10th better in 60' w/tb.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra August 13th 2010, 11:05 am

Can you be competitive runnin the transbrake the oldschool way leaving on the bottem bulb like the footbrake class does or is that delay box the way to go ? another words is it a slim chance trying to beat those guys with the box if i dont have one ?
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jcoxracing August 13th 2010, 1:34 pm

If you are taking about just trying to run a transbrake w/o a delay box in the super pro (box) class, you probably won't have much of a chance. I mean those guys with delay boxes are like machines .001, .002, .010 lights consistently. I consider myself pretty good off of the transbrake but I will only run pro (non-box) class. In other words, box class racers consistently cut .010 lights or better to win races, but you can get away with .030 lights in pro (non-box) class and still be competitive.
Justin
jcoxracing
jcoxracing

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug August 13th 2010, 1:53 pm

if you are going out for TNT go for it........ if you are going out to win just give them your money and go back home cuz you have about that much chance of winning against a box racer more than likely you will be out the first round....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra August 13th 2010, 5:46 pm

Thanks for the info i guess i'll stick with the pro class then, one day i'll try the superpro class tho.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down