BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Muscle taken over by Auto Forums

+9
BigBlockRanger
rusty105
72mav
bb429power
Nevs
dfree383
richter69
the Coug
racnrick
13 posters

Go down

Ford Muscle taken over by Auto Forums Empty Ford Muscle taken over by Auto Forums

Post  racnrick July 29th 2010, 2:45 am

Another one bites the dust, Ford Muscle taken over by AutoForums.com,

http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/fmwire/497984-announcement-fordmuscle-com.html

racnrick

Back to top Go down

Ford Muscle taken over by Auto Forums Empty Re: Ford Muscle taken over by Auto Forums

Post  the Coug July 29th 2010, 8:02 am

another one flushed down the Toilet.....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Ford Muscle taken over by Auto Forums Empty Re: Ford Muscle taken over by Auto Forums

Post  richter69 July 29th 2010, 8:18 am

fell sorry for the ones that called that place home, because it just went to hell...............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 29th 2010, 8:25 am

I've spend the last 4-5 years over their.... WTF

Another one Down the Toilet.........
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs July 29th 2010, 8:32 am

Here's the message I received in my email:

Dear FordMuscle Members and Users,

We are proud to announce to you today some exciting and necessary changes at FordMuscle. We are partnering with the good folks at AutoForums. com to manage and continue to grow what has become one of the largest Ford enthusiast websites online or elsewhere. Read the entire press release here.

They're dropping like flies............

Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 29th 2010, 8:42 am

Guess this is the Last Stand..... I'm done their and this is the only other Ford Forum I belong too.

YB or Speed Talk is probably next if it isn't AF's already.............
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 29th 2010, 9:25 am

Damn Evil or Very Mad If it comes down to the point where one of you guys need a new forum, I'll make one for you. I feel safe here because I know Nick won't sell us out, if he does he's a dead mf'er affraid Laughing I'm never going to sell out, its just wrong. But in some people's eyes money is everything, not in mine. Not by a long shot.

How do they generate money from a forum anyways? Ever time someone clicks it they get money, but where's the money coming from?
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug July 29th 2010, 9:31 am

they get money from the Spam or advertisements..... the spammers keep track of how many hits they get from certain sights.... to see the traffic...

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav July 29th 2010, 11:42 am

Looks like Im gone from there too...
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  rusty105 July 29th 2010, 12:48 pm

Nevs wrote:Here's the message I received in my email:

We are proud to announce to you today some exciting and necessary changes at FordMuscle. We are partnering with the good folks at AutoForums. com to manage and continue to grow what has become one of the largest Ford enthusiast websites online or elsewhere. Read the entire press release here.

Got the same e-mail. never thought they would cave to Corp America.
Anyway... You are all welcome to check out 'The Mustang Stop' it's a general Mustang site, anything Mustang. I mentioned it >Here< last week , not sure if you guys saw this or not, but all are invited to check out.

Rusty

rusty105

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger July 29th 2010, 12:58 pm

Puhleezeeee, it's not like that place wasn't overrun with advertisements already. Rolling Eyes Half your screen is covered with them. Already looked 'corporate' to me...

Then again, it's the members that make a site what it is, not the wanks hosting/maintaining the site... right Nick? Or did you buy your own webserver and stuff when we weren't looking? haha BTW, I'm about 99% sure the company, forumotion.com, that provides the free space for this site, is based in France. lol Look out! Guys will be bustin' down the doors looking for an American hosted site!!!

Some of you guys get riled up too easily about stupid stuff that just flat out does not matter. Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 29th 2010, 1:10 pm

BigBlockRanger wrote:Puhleezeeee, it's not like that place wasn't overrun with advertisements already. Rolling Eyes Half your screen is covered with them. Already looked 'corporate' to me...

Then again, it's the members that make a site what it is, not the wanks hosting/maintaining the site... right Nick? Or did you buy your own webserver and stuff when we weren't looking? haha BTW, I'm about 99% sure the company, forumotion.com, that provides the free space for this site, is based in France. lol Look out! Guys will be bustin' down the doors looking for an American hosted site!!!

Some of you guys get riled up too easily about stupid stuff that just flat out does not matter. Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

what matters is all the bullshit adds make my computer slow as hell............plus the quality of the place has gone downhill. I post there very little and will continue to do so.

The dieseltop used to be my number one hangout, after autoforums dicked that place up to well guess what................and I'm not the only one who left.

It is what it is........... and your right its a small thing in life to worry about.........but if I don't like it I damn sure dont have to go there............besides I get very little of my "info" I need off the net...........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 29th 2010, 1:33 pm

BigBlockRanger wrote:Puhleezeeee, it's not like that place wasn't overrun with advertisements already. Rolling Eyes Half your screen is covered with them. Already looked 'corporate' to me...

It was owned by a couple of guys who liked Fords and regularly posted about their own projects = COOL, now its owned by the "Evil Empire" and has gone to the dark side..........

Last edited by dfree383 on July 29th 2010, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rusty105 July 29th 2010, 1:50 pm

FordMuscle
VMF
ModdedMustangs
Corral
460Ford
DieselStop (I remember when the guy ran it off a home server)
Powerstroke Nation.

All owned by Autoguide. its a dangerous trend. Forums grew partly due to the fact readers were tired of magazine BS. Now the same thing readers ran away from is buying up all the things we ran to. I applaud the little guy who owns a sucessful forum. I would rather have seen those forums bought by a small partnership of 2-3 people, then the evil dark side. Internet Brands is another one to look out for, they have a few Ford forums and they actually own the company that wrote the vBulletin software. Rolling Eyes

rusty105

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno July 29th 2010, 1:54 pm

Your absolutely correct ..forummotion owns the server space , but i own the domain name and the content , i pay montly to get all the adds, spam and crap off this site ..... the more that the site grows the more i pay .... and like you said its the members that make the site .... this site wouldnt be were it is today if it wasnt for the great members we have .....

oh and btw anybody can start a website BigBlockRanger ....its easy Wink

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger July 29th 2010, 2:27 pm

bruno wrote:oh and btw anybody can start a website BigBlockRanger ....its easy Wink

Heh heh I know, Nick that's why I'm thinking about starting a www.460-429.com (ha ha j/k!). They seem to spring up all the time. People get their panties in a wad and storm off to start the 'next greatest forum'. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. What it usually does accomplish though is to further fractionalize an already small group of enthusiasts and in the end that really does nobody any good.

I used to think of this place as the place where "all the assholes from 460Ford went" after the meltdown. While there are still some of those, (ha ha) I find myself logging on here more often. Keep up the good work Nick. I'm glad you want to do it because you are in an unenviable position if/when the masses get their collective bowels in an uproar over something stupid.

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 29th 2010, 3:06 pm

I shall become known as the "A+ know-it-all racer, HeRo, Dick, Asshole".......works for me. Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 July 29th 2010, 4:06 pm

Nevs wrote:Here's the message I received in my email:

I have found in my experience that when words like exciting, partnering, grow and others like tremendous, significant, well you get it, its weenie time for all of us, bend over and spreadum. The so called "educated" seem to have a list of these words and try to work them all in their "presentation" (another one of their words) and these educated idiots, stupid beyond belief, always get to make the decisions. Just look at whats in D.C. now and whats happening there.I dont know what the end result will be and like these websites, I damn sure aint "excited" about it all, not in a good way anyway.

I got the same email although I quit FM years back when they wanted money.

bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 July 29th 2010, 4:09 pm

richter69 wrote:I shall become known as the "A+ know-it-all racer, HeRo, Dick, Asshole".......works for me. Laughing

I thought you already were. Twisted Evil
bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy July 29th 2010, 4:38 pm

dfree383 wrote:I've spend the last 4-5 years over their.... WTF

Another one Down the Toilet.........

How long did it take you to edit all of your posts ?......lol Laughing

http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/engine-articles/466125-528-cid-big-block-ford-engine-build.html
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Outlaw5.0 July 30th 2010, 3:27 am

Powerstroke Nation is not owned by autoforums. Hardcore50 is still around under new private ownership, one of the moderators purchased it. Not many auto websites left that are not corporate owned.

Outlaw5.0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down