BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nitrous jetting ?

5 posters

Go down

nitrous jetting ? Empty nitrous jetting ?

Post  89lxcoupe August 9th 2010, 9:41 pm

i always here people talking about square jetting but then i hear people saying that it still on the rich side ?? whats a good afr to shoot for on 93 pump and what jet spread do most people get if the carb jetting is close. Thanks !

89lxcoupe

Back to top Go down

nitrous jetting ? Empty Re: nitrous jetting ?

Post  whatbumper August 9th 2010, 11:00 pm

when you run square jetting your fuel pressure is a lot lower than with the regular spreads. I have seen good luck with both but don't remember anything about anything but the square stuff.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  studly August 11th 2010, 3:25 pm

on a big shot plate i usually run about a 10 jet spread at 5.5 psi flowing. this seems to get the plugs clean now on bigger shots sometimes i go even more. Just what i have found works for me.
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 11th 2010, 3:29 pm

I run squared jetting as a starting point for most tuneups, but depending on air usually end up with a jet spread also.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  89lxcoupe September 13th 2010, 5:44 pm

studly wrote:on a big shot plate i usually run about a 10 jet spread at 5.5 psi flowing. this seems to get the plugs clean now on bigger shots sometimes i go even more. Just what i have found works for me.

wow so 10 jets lower on the fuel side ! just looking for a good tuning spread, i will start off with a square tune and 5-6 psi flowing !

89lxcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno September 13th 2010, 7:54 pm

studly wrote:on a big shot plate i usually run about a 10 jet spread at 5.5 psi flowing. this seems to get the plugs clean now on bigger shots sometimes i go even more. Just what i have found works for me.

x2 ....... Twisted Evil

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  studly September 14th 2010, 9:26 am

89lxcoupe wrote:

wow so 10 jets lower on the fuel side ! just looking for a good tuning spread, i will start off with a square tune and 5-6 psi flowing !

if the plugs look black you have too much fuel you need to lean it out i have ran faster on a smaller nos jet than most of the guys that race with me just by cleaning the tune up up. you just have to remember when you burn all the fuel you need to pull more timing because it builds more heat when the tune up is right.
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  89lxcoupe September 22nd 2010, 2:09 pm

thanks for the replys guys, i have always run the jet spreads the way they came. i will start out with a 5 jet spread and raise the psi a few lbs then back it off !

89lxcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney September 22nd 2010, 2:19 pm

I would be carefull w/ fp variances of more than a half pound. A quarter pound gives quite a difference. Thats why I always start off squared and work jetting more than FP. Just my .02
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  89lxcoupe September 22nd 2010, 2:39 pm

Barney wrote:I would be carefull w/ fp variances of more than a half pound. A quarter pound gives quite a difference. Thats why I always start off squared and work jetting more than FP. Just my .02

that is true ! i was online playing with the nitrous jet calculator and fuel pressure and it seems like 1lb of pressure is about 3 jet sizes !

89lxcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down