BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Factory Wheel Tubs (removal)

+2
Lonewolf1970
65-429Falcon
6 posters

Go down

Factory Wheel Tubs (removal) Empty Factory Wheel Tubs (removal)

Post  65-429Falcon August 18th 2010, 10:54 pm

I am learning a lot already on this first build of mine, and I wouldnt be able to do it without the help of Brian @ Race Ready Fabrications. I want to voice my frustartions on factory wheel tubs... They are horrible to remove lol! You cut and cut and grind and grind a bit more in the car and then underneath the car just to go back in the car and cut some more. I am happy to report that both wheel tubs are out and I couldnt be more happy. The progress on my car is moving along at a good pace. Here's where we are... The car is a shell, no drivetrain, or suspension just basicly a body with front and rear glass (for now). Brian had a good start on the sub-frame connectors but a new plan has us changing the chasis for the better. We have decided to back-half the car Very Happy and im happy for thsi! I know its a little more work and more metal to buy but its going to strengthen the car so much and it allows us to move the framerails in a little to allow for my 28X13.50X15 tires. Work will continue as often as we have time and i'll update everyone on the progress. I'll get some pics posted soon. I cant wait to be racing my Race Ready fabrications built Big Block Falcon!
65-429Falcon
65-429Falcon

http://kevinb0906@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Factory Wheel Tubs (removal) Empty Re: Factory Wheel Tubs (removal)

Post  Lonewolf1970 August 18th 2010, 11:04 pm

65-429Falcon wrote:I am learning a lot already on this first build of mine, and I wouldnt be able to do it without the help of Brian @ Race Ready Fabrications. I want to voice my frustartions on factory wheel tubs... They are horrible to remove lol! You cut and cut and grind and grind a bit more in the car and then underneath the car just to go back in the car and cut some more. I am happy to report that both wheel tubs are out and I couldnt be more happy. The progress on my car is moving along at a good pace. Here's where we are... The car is a shell, no drivetrain, or suspension just basicly a body with front and rear glass (for now). Brian had a good start on the sub-frame connectors but a new plan has us changing the chasis for the better. We have decided to back-half the car Very Happy and im happy for thsi! I know its a little more work and more metal to buy but its going to strengthen the car so much and it allows us to move the framerails in a little to allow for my 28X13.50X15 tires. Work will continue as often as we have time and i'll update everyone on the progress. I'll get some pics posted soon. I cant wait to be racing my Race Ready fabrications built Big Block Falcon!
Hey Kevin I have a 9'' rear end with 31 spline strange axles and spool with drum brakes and ladder bars for sale.It was in my old car 70'mustang coupe that I wrecked back in Oct.
Lonewolf1970
Lonewolf1970

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 18th 2010, 11:24 pm

I hear you about what a pain it is. I did my 64 earlier this year. Then I ended up cuttting way more sheet metal out which is what I should have done in the first place.

Factory Wheel Tubs (removal) Minitub4

This is with a 315 tire but no room on the outside.
Factory Wheel Tubs (removal) DSC03655

So this is with some rails from Autoweld. I have enough room to stepup up to a 325 drag radial.
Factory Wheel Tubs (removal) DSC04129
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  65-429Falcon August 19th 2010, 7:34 am

Chuck, thanks for the info on your rearend, but I already have a spooled 9" set up ready to go. I really love the color on your car and I'm toting with the idea of painting the Falcon a shade of blue! What's the status on your car? I have seen the pics, glad you are ok bud.

Jason, thanks for the reply. These things were a nightmare but I'm glad they are out! I'm sure there will be NO other headaches on this build haha. Thanks for the pics and info of your car!
65-429Falcon
65-429Falcon

http://kevinb0906@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 19th 2010, 8:14 am

plasma cutter is your friend.......... Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 19th 2010, 6:20 pm

richter69 wrote:plasma cutter is your friend.......... Laughing

Unless you are trying to save the paint on the outside of your car. LOL.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori August 19th 2010, 9:56 pm

jasonf wrote:
richter69 wrote:plasma cutter is your friend.......... Laughing

Unless you are trying to save the paint on the outside of your car. LOL.

Flat black in a rattle can touches up nicely!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper August 19th 2010, 10:23 pm

jasonf wrote:I hear you about what a pain it is. I did my 64 earlier this year. Then I ended up cuttting way more sheet metal out which is what I should have done in the first place.

So this is with some rails from Autoweld. I have enough room to stepup up to a 325 drag radial.

If you are talking MT, just remember actually the 315/60 is the biggest DR that MT makes. the 325 tire has a slightly wider section width, .02", but the tread is smaller by .03".

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down