BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter Tech Seminar 2010

+32
paperman
fox331
BIGDOG466
jbozzelle
bigjohn2007
Lonewolf1970
hienergy557
jasonf
ToddB
blown86hallet
IcallhimGeorge
jones
bluef100fe
IDT-572
bosshoss
ThndrChkn
patfromjersey
somethingclever
Diggindeeper
richter69
jsracing
D. Sea
the Coug
RapidRuss
billandlori
c.evans
HorsinAround
schmitty
bbf-falcon
dfree383
dadof384k
Nevs
36 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Winter Tech Seminar 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Winter Tech Seminar 2010

Post  jsracing September 19th 2009, 11:06 pm

20 bucks is cheap for this kind of event. cya there.

jsracing

http://indyracingscene.com/?styleid=2

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 19th 2009, 11:35 pm

IcallhimGeorge wrote:busted
Winter Tech Seminar 2010 - Page 2 TechseminarweekendJan1st-Jan5th2009

be grateful Coug used a pen and not his "pencil"................. Very Happy

Thats avatar material right there.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper September 21st 2009, 1:16 am

Sad if you move the seminar to Ocho Rios, Jamaica i could attend for that date.
I would love to come to one but....next one is out. Damn wedding.... scratch If it was in Jamaica i wonder if the wife would think its as good of wedding gift as i would. jocolor
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  somethingclever September 28th 2009, 4:16 pm

I plan on attending. The 2009 tech seminar was excellent.

Thanks Charlie for the time and effort it takes into putting an event like this together. It's easy to see you're pationate about engine and race tech. Cool Cool Cool

somethingclever

Back to top Go down

Post  patfromjersey October 3rd 2009, 7:19 pm

Jan 16th will be my Dad's 71st birthday. I'll see if he wants to take a road trip, and cash in on his birthday present from me. Cool
patfromjersey
patfromjersey
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn October 4th 2009, 2:22 am

I hope you guys have as much fun as we did last year, as I shant be there this year...

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs October 4th 2009, 10:26 am

1bad521 wrote:I hope you guys have as much fun as we did last year, as I shant be there this year...

Are you sure about that?

Doug... Cool
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn October 4th 2009, 11:59 am

Fairly... I got lucky last year... I can't ask for the same luck everytime one of these comes up, if ya know what I mean... Embarassed Wink

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  jsracing October 6th 2009, 2:35 pm

Do we need to pre register? send in funds etc? Several of us from Indy might taxi over together.

jsracing

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs October 6th 2009, 2:49 pm

jsracing wrote:Do we need to pre register? send in funds etc? Several of us from Indy might taxi over together.

If it's like this year, you just register at the door.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bosshoss October 6th 2009, 10:22 pm

Looking in to booking flights etc...

Can anyone confirm this is a one day event...

Any idea what time it would end...

Need to know asap so I can get my flights booked.

dkp
bosshoss
bosshoss
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 October 9th 2009, 2:59 pm

Bump for Cody L.

HERE YA GO BIG GUY................. Cool
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 9th 2009, 3:01 pm

bosshoss wrote:Looking in to booking flights etc...

Can anyone confirm this is a one day event...

Any idea what time it would end...

Need to know asap so I can get my flights booked.

dkp

Friday is greet and meet, Saturday will be the tech seminar, Saturday night THROW DOWN and don't pass out at the bar Razz Sunday drive home.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  bluef100fe October 9th 2009, 3:30 pm

Looks like we will have to make another road trip. Maybe I can rope my dad and brother into coming with. Would be a long trip alone and with no big block to ward off boredom Smile Hope to be able to meet everyone again and put some more names with faces.
bluef100fe
bluef100fe

Back to top Go down

Post  jones October 13th 2009, 1:43 pm

That's a much better date for me, I just might be able to make it this year!

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans October 13th 2009, 7:59 pm

Hey guys,

I spent the better part of the day Monday at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (aka University) firming up our plans. It will be Saturday Jan 16, 2010 and it starts at 8:00 central time/9:00 eastern time. This is a firm date! It will be held in Hatfield Hall, which is the first building on the right when you enter the main entrance to the campus. You will see signs directing you.

Terre Haute, IN is one hour west of Indy on I-70. There are two exits into town, exit 4 and exit 11. Take exit 11 on to state Hwy 46, and go north on it about 4 miles until it "T"s into U.S. Hwy 40. Turn right (east) on to U.S. Hwy 40 and go about one block and take the first driveway on your left, which is the main entrance to the campus. Look over to your right and go to that building which is Hatfield Hall. This auditorium seats about 1500 people.

For those of you flying in. Craig Sullivan suggested flying in to Weir-Cook Airport at Indy, which is on the west side of Indy, and then getting a rental car and driving one hour west to Terre Haute. That's probally the best suggestion, however do be advised that Terre Haute has a small airport, Hulman Field, and it does have commuter flights I think.

Meanwhile, back to exit 4. This is the exit where I-70 crosses U.S. Hwy 41. The Texas Roadhouse is at this exit wnd we will meet there Friday night for our get together meal, pretty much the same as last year. The Texas Roadhouse is at the corner of Margaret Ave. and U.S. Hwy 41, just right there at exit 4.

Darin Morgan has agreed to be one of our guest speakers and he will talk about cylinder heads. He has also said he'll have a new fully machined NHRA FORD Pro Stock head there on display.

I am still working on our host hotel and the special room rates.

We will have college engineering students from both Rose-Hulman and Indiana State University there in attendence with us hard core racers, so I'm asking that we be professional, which I know we will.

We're charging $20 per person this year, which I know is double what we charged last year, however we're are providing lunch, which will be there in the campus cafeteria. The meal will be smorgasbord style and you can choose whatever you want to eat. I ate lunch there Monday and they had very good food.

I would like for us to pre-register, (but I still need to set that up with President Damon Sea) in order to get a head count on how many people the food service will need to provide meals for.

Thanks,

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs October 13th 2009, 8:04 pm

c.evans wrote:Hey guys,

I spent the better part of the day Monday at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (aka University) firming up our plans. It will be Saturday Jan 16, 2010 and it starts at 8:00 central time/9:00 eastern time. This is a firm date! It will be held in Hatfield Hall, which is the first building on the right when you enter the main entrance to the campus. You will see signs directing you.

Terre Haute, IN is one hour west of Indy on I-70. There are two exits into town, exit 4 and exit 11. Take exit 11 on to state Hwy 46, and go north on it about 4 miles until it "T"s into U.S. Hwy 40. Turn right (east) on to U.S. Hwy 40 and go about one block and take the first driveway on your left, which is the main entrance to the campus. Look over to your right and go to that building which is Hatfield Hall. This auditorium seats about 1500 people.

For those of you flying in. Craig Sullivan suggested flying in to Weir-Cook Airport at Indy, which is on the west side of Indy, and then getting a rental car and driving one hour west to Terre Haute. That's probally the best suggestion, however do be advised that Terre Haute has a small airport, Hulman Field, and it does have commuter flights I think.

Meanwhile, back to exit 4. This is the exit where I-70 crosses U.S. Hwy 41. The Texas Roadhouse is at this exit wnd we will meet there Friday night for our get together meal, pretty much the same as last year. The Texas Roadhouse is at the corner of Margaret Ave. and U.S. Hwy 41, just right there at exit 4.

Darin Morgan has agreed to be one of our guest speakers and he will talk about cylinder heads. He has also said he'll have a new fully machined NHRA FORD Pro Stock head there on display.

We will have college engineering students from both Rose-Hulman and Indiana State University there in attendence with us hard core racers, so I'm asking that we be professional, which I know we will.

We're charging $20 per person this year, which I know is double what we charged last year, however we're are providing lunch, which will be there in the campus cafeteria. The meal will be smorgasbord style and you can choose whatever you want to eat. I ate lunch there Monday and they had very good food.

I would like for us to pre-register, (but I still need to set that up with President Damon Sea) in order to get a head count on how many people the food service will need to provide meals for.

Thanks,

Charlie Evans

I'm ready to preregister when Damon is ready to take them. Thanks for doing it Charlie!
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jsracing October 14th 2009, 11:35 am

I copied Charlie's post and put it on my forum @ Indy racing scene, we have a few folks that that might like to check it out.

Who else is lined up to speak?

JS

jsracing

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 15th 2009, 11:59 am

Sounds good Charlie, I'll send a message out to everyone on the BBF Registry.

Thanks
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 19th 2009, 3:08 pm

Nevs...

Please edit the first post and add this, so it's on the first page. I'm about to send out the same information to all you guys on my BBF Registry.

Thanks!

2010 Evans Racing Engines Winter Tech Seminar. All gear heads and even non-gear heads are welcome!

As before, an all star group of guest speakers will be on hand to answer any and all questions before and after their presentation along with various vendor displays. I will video the tech seminar for those that can not make the trip; DVDs will be available ASAP. I’ll have other DVDs with me if you want to pick up a copy while you are there i.e. The previous tech seminars and BBF Bash DVDs.

I’ve created a spreadsheet in order to track the number of attendees. So this is what I need from you guys. If you will be attending the 2010 Evans Racing Engines Winter Tech Seminar, please let me know your name, how many people will be attending in your group, including yourself. What’s your screen name and will you be paying at the Seminar or Pre-Register in advance. We need a fairly accurate number in order to guesstimate the number of folks that will be eating lunch in the cafeteria on Saturday.

Pre-Registration funds ($20 each person) can be sent to my paypal address or mailed to my home address. BE SURE to list in the subject line “2010 Evans Racing Engines Winter Tech Seminar” or something like that because I’m also receiving funds for other items like the Chuckathon (Help Chuck rebuild his car). Speaking of the Chuckathon, some of you guys are donating parts to Chuck’s rebuild and you can bring them to the Tech Seminar if applicable, save on shipping etc…

Please contact me via e-mail or PM for My Paypal address and My home address

Quoted from Charlie on the BBF Forum…

Hey guys,

I spent the better part of the day Monday at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (aka University) firming up our plans. It will be Saturday Jan 16, 2010 and it starts at 8:00 central time/9:00 Eastern Time. This is a firm date! It will be held in Hatfield Hall, which is the first building on the right when you enter the main entrance to the campus. You will see signs directing you.

For those of you flying in. Craig Sullivan suggested flying in to Weir-Cook Airport at Indy, which is on the west side of Indy, and then getting a rental car and driving one hour west to Terre Haute. That's probably the best suggestion, however do be advised that Terre Haute has a small airport, Hulman Field, and it does have commuter flights I think.

Meanwhile, back to exit 4. This is the exit where I-70 crosses U.S. Hwy 41. The Texas Roadhouse is at this exit and we will meet there Friday night for our get together meal, pretty much the same as last year. The Texas Roadhouse is at the corner of Margaret Ave. and U.S. Hwy 41, just right there at exit 4.

We will have college engineering students from both Rose-Hulman and Indiana State University there in attendance with us hard core racers, so I'm asking that we be professional, which I know we will.

Thanks,

Charlie Evans
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Winter Tech Seminar 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re

Post  HorsinAround October 19th 2009, 3:19 pm

Come on Damon, what's the hold up.. Laughing Is the roadhouse experience open to truck pullers or just pavement pounders......
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 19th 2009, 3:22 pm

HorsinAround wrote:Come on Damon, what's the hold up.. Laughing Is the roadhouse experience open to truck pullers or just pavement pounders......

Dirt Diggers are more than welcome Twisted Evil
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge October 19th 2009, 4:32 pm

^^^ yup, they made me feel right at home last year.

hey its not our fault we arent scared to get dirty Evil or Very Mad
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 19th 2009, 4:35 pm

I used to be a dirt digger........... But I grew out of it Razz
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Winter Tech Seminar 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re

Post  HorsinAround October 20th 2009, 9:16 am

D. Sea wrote:I used to be a dirt digger........... But I grew out of it Razz

PUT THE KEN DOLL DOWN. It's time to go outside and play cars and trucks with the boys. lol! Twisted Evil
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next