BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Million $ Bracket Race @ Indy

+4
Treeyasoon
jasonf
342g
BIGDOG466
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Million $ Bracket Race @ Indy Empty The Million $ Bracket Race @ Indy

Post  BIGDOG466 August 25th 2010, 4:24 pm

http://www.race2themillion.com/flyer.htm

Who's going????????? Question
BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

The Million $ Bracket Race @ Indy Empty Re: The Million $ Bracket Race @ Indy

Post  342g August 25th 2010, 5:00 pm

Too much cheating goes on at that race.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 25th 2010, 5:28 pm

342g wrote:Too much cheating goes on at that race.

How does one cheat at a race?
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BIGDOG466 August 25th 2010, 7:56 pm

There are going to be allot of talented racers there, I don't know about the cheatin ones, I guess it will be like the Jegs Allstar race all the big hitters where there. They can get beat just like I get beat that's the way I am looking at it. Run a good package and a little luck. cheers
BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

Post  342g August 25th 2010, 9:25 pm

jasonf wrote:
342g wrote:Too much cheating goes on at that race.

How does one cheat at a race?

There is numerous ways, the big hitters, buy rounds.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 25th 2010, 10:27 pm

342g wrote:
There is numerous ways, the big hitters, buy rounds.

Is that like buying a vowel? Seriously, you are not saying how some people cheat?

jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon August 26th 2010, 9:49 pm

jasonf wrote: Seriously, you are not saying how some people cheat?

Here are a couple of examples.....
http://www.mattyinnovations.com/

http://moretraction.com/
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  342g August 26th 2010, 9:59 pm

They caught a couple at e-water last week-end, taking a dive, but there is no rule against it, but it takes a low life to do it.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power August 26th 2010, 10:18 pm

Wait, I just found the article. Can't people just run what ya brung and hope you ran a good race. Evil or Very Mad
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 27th 2010, 6:54 am

342g wrote:They caught a couple at e-water last week-end, taking a dive, but there is no rule against it, but it takes a low life to do it.

What do you mean by taking a dive? Are you talking about lifting in the top end?
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power August 27th 2010, 11:44 am

jasonf wrote:
342g wrote:They caught a couple at e-water last week-end, taking a dive, but there is no rule against it, but it takes a low life to do it.

What do you mean by taking a dive? Are you talking about lifting in the top end?
Maybe he's talking about how people get to the end of the track and hit the brakes before they cross it so they don't break out. Or just people letting of in general and seeing the front end dive down.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  342g August 27th 2010, 12:31 pm

bb429power wrote:
jasonf wrote:

Maybe he's talking about how people get to the end of the track and hit the brakes before they cross it so they don't break out. Or just people letting of in general and seeing the front end dive down.

Or, maybe it is the other intentionally going red, or soft dialing, and breaking out, there are many ways to do it, what happened here, two buddies lined up together, one paid the other to go red, so he would win the track championship, he was seen paying the other off, big stink here at the track, but there is no rule against it, just ethics.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power August 27th 2010, 2:35 pm

$$$ talks...I wouldn't do it, but at t&t I'll get them to move the cars around so I can race someone I know. Smile When there's enough money on the line, people will go to far extents.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 27th 2010, 2:48 pm

bb429power wrote:Maybe he's talking about how people get to the end of the track and hit the brakes before they cross it so they don't break out. Or just people letting of in general and seeing the front end dive down.

Bracket racers do that all day long if they think they are going to fast. I would hardly call it cheating.

Or, maybe it is the other intentionally going red, or soft dialing, and breaking out, there are many ways to do it, what happened here, two buddies lined up together, one paid the other to go red, so he would win the track championship, he was seen paying the other off, big stink here at the track, but there is no rule against it, just ethics.

So if it was the race for the championship that means you are already out anyways so what does it matter? I am lined up and I decide to let the other guy win what does it have to do with all the people already knocked out? I just don't get it. Sound like a bunch of whining and sniveling on the losers part to me.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power August 27th 2010, 3:36 pm

At my track if they catch you smoking the front tires through the finish line your out. They smoke because of the brake bias.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt August 27th 2010, 4:07 pm

Harold, I guess some of us have enough experience to see whats going on. I know of people that buy rounds. When we go as a group and pair up againtst one another we decide the winner before we hit the water box. We all share the earnings if we get a pay out. I dont feel it is the same as the people with deep pockets that are determining the outcome with cash though. I also dont mind pairing up with someone how bought the round before me. pirat It puts more pressure on them to perform.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  BIGDOG466 August 27th 2010, 5:03 pm

Treeyasoon wrote:
jasonf wrote: Seriously, you are not saying how some people cheat?

Here are a couple of examples.....
http://www.mattyinnovations.com/

http://moretraction.com/

I feel sorry for the person that uses this stuff to win. They are a non tuning drag racing bastards. Richard Matty was at Muncie at the Big Bucks and got his azz handed to him Very Happy Very Happy . I would love to see someone get caught using this stuff, I guess it's a good thing the EMT's would be there affraid because it would get nasty real quick + your name would be shiiit from now on, could not race anywhere without going thru hell, one would deserve that. I have seen the issue Harold has mentioned many times and just laugh. hell I seen one guy once pay for four other guys entry fees and buybacks just to beat me well it didn't work and I won the championship anyway loaded three of them myself it was a great day. Very Happy
BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

Post  342g August 27th 2010, 5:07 pm

jasonf wrote:
bb429power wrote:Maybe he's talking about how people get to the end of the track and hit the brakes before they cross it so they don't break out. Or just people letting of in general and seeing the front end dive down.

Bracket racers do that all day long if they think they are going to fast. I would hardly call it cheating.

So if it was the race for the championship that means you are already out anyways so what does it matter? I am lined up and I decide to let the other guy win what does it have to do with all the people already knocked out? I just don't get it. Sound like a bunch of whining and sniveling on the losers part to me.

You my friend don't have a clue, what you are talking about, lets drop the subject.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BIGDOG466 August 27th 2010, 5:19 pm

Come on up to Muncie Sat Night Harold, help me a Tree take out all those Chebys
BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 27th 2010, 10:29 pm

You my friend don't have a clue, what you are talking about, lets drop the subject.

Well you haven't made a single case in what you call cheating. I didn't ask to be a dick I honestly wanted to know how people cheat. I can see how electronics is cheating if it is a non electronics class or when they are not allowed like traction control but lifting in the top end because you feel you are going to break out is not cheating. Bracket racing is about hitting your dial in there is no rule that says you can't lift to avoid breaking out. You could just as easily slow down too much and screw yourself. The race is about you and your time, nothing else. You could go up against 4 guys that are all "buying rounds" with each other but it still comes down to what is happening in your lane.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g August 27th 2010, 11:52 pm

jasonf wrote:

Well you haven't made a single case in what you call cheating. I didn't ask to be a dick I honestly wanted to know how people cheat. I can see how electronics is cheating if it is a non electronics class or when they are not allowed like traction control but lifting in the top end because you feel you are going to break out is not cheating. Bracket racing is about hitting your dial in there is no rule that says you can't lift to avoid breaking out. You could just as easily slow down too much and screw yourself. The race is about you and your time, nothing else. You could go up against 4 guys that are all "buying rounds" with each other but it still comes down to what is happening in your lane.

Where did I say anything about lifting,to keep from breaking out, that is what I'm talking about, you not knowing, when passing money, from driver to driver, to lose on purpose, that is cheating, buying rounds, is cheating, maybe you need to compete a little bit more, than you will understand, and yes, you are trying to be a dick.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BIGDOG466 August 29th 2010, 11:33 am

Only thing that sucks about the race is the entry fees and MUST run a diaper ALL cars, so I guess there won't be many 6.39 or slower cars there. Maybe that's what the faster cars want Question
BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt August 29th 2010, 5:19 pm

My last motor explosion convinced me that a diaper is a great investment. 50% of the cars I have seen that should be required to race with a diaper are 6.39 and slower tongue
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  jcoxracing August 29th 2010, 8:12 pm

Are you talking about 6.39 and slower in the 1/8 or 1/4?
Justin
jcoxracing
jcoxracing

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt August 29th 2010, 10:13 pm

1/8 mile, half of the guys running slower cars dont believe they have to run gaskets that seal, and the other half of the slower cars oil the track down more than the fast cars. jocolor
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next