BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

back together again!

+4
Lem Evans
richter69
BOSS 429
cool40
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

back together again! - Page 2 Empty Re: back together again!

Post  richter69 September 5th 2010, 11:39 am

I guess we don't have "good engines" in these parts, nor the gas tuning abilities either............I have yet to see a loss of et or mph when going to meth on any combo we have tried it on.

Someone loan me a a full tilt kick ass Q16 carb and I'll wear it out when I dyno this "really good" motor. Even if it nets more power my slow alky junk will go back on so I can loose the 35#'s worth of cooling bullshit that goes with the gas set up.

I'm not starting a pissin match over gas vs alky, I just think when one needs to go with what they want to run and are happy with and make the best of it. And if cooling is a concern, the alky will always win that battle.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 5th 2010, 11:57 am

i was worried about the cooling before i went to tnt but i had no problem at all,it did cool off a lot friday though.i'm thinken the converter is my big problem,4800 aint gona cut it.i can get a 5800 from a friend to try first and may need more.will the better flowing heads move the tq peak up compared to before?
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 5th 2010, 12:01 pm

IDT-572 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:98s in a 1150 sounds like a lot.....unless you have Q16 in it.

Listen to Lem................ Leave the jets alone, just add Q-16 and a 6000 converter................ Twisted Evil

This will be another example of a good engine that never got a good shake on gas before putting it on alky and every one will think that alcohol is the hp hero. (I know you have cooling issues too)

No one has proven to me it is, (on a good engine). Not saying it isn't I just don't know if it is.

When some one gets all they can out of a gas set up on a good engine, then goes to alky and picks up e.t.and MPH I will concede.
you got any Q16? Laughing i'll try it,you know me!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 September 5th 2010, 12:10 pm

cool40 wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:

Listen to Lem................ Leave the jets alone, just add Q-16 and a 6000 converter................ Twisted Evil

This will be another example of a good engine that never got a good shake on gas before putting it on alky and every one will think that alcohol is the hp hero. (I know you have cooling issues too)

No one has proven to me it is, (on a good engine). Not saying it isn't I just don't know if it is.

When some one gets all they can out of a gas set up on a good engine, then goes to alky and picks up e.t.and MPH I will concede.

No but I know where some is close by............... Cool Want me to pick some up?
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 September 5th 2010, 12:12 pm

richter69 wrote:I guess we don't have "good engines" in these parts, nor the gas tuning abilities either............I have yet to see a loss of et or mph when going to meth on any combo we have tried it on.

Someone loan me a a full tilt kick ass Q16 carb and I'll wear it out when I dyno this "really good" motor. Even if it nets more power my slow alky junk will go back on so I can loose the 35#'s worth of cooling bullshit that goes with the gas set up.

I'm not starting a pissin match over gas vs alky, I just think when one needs to go with what they want to run and are happy with and make the best of it. And if cooling is a concern, the alky will always win that battle.

Ain't startin no pissin match................ Evil or Very Mad Just sayin that I don't think all the facts are in on the subject, as far as hp goes between the two. Wink
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 5th 2010, 12:29 pm

Also a fair test to Q16 would be M5, gotta compare super apples to super oranges...........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 5th 2010, 12:30 pm

IDT-572 wrote:
cool40 wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:

No but I know where some is close by............... Cool Want me to pick some up?
i'm gona change the converter this week and maybe go back friday.if you come over i'd sure take some,but i probably wouldnt have time to come pick it up this week. Smile
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 September 5th 2010, 12:59 pm

richter69 wrote:Also a fair test to Q16 would be M5, gotta compare super apples to super oranges...........

True...............
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 September 5th 2010, 1:01 pm

cool40 wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:
cool40 wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:

i'm gona change the converter this week and maybe go back friday.if you come over i'd sure take some,but i probably wouldnt have time to come pick it up this week. Smile

If I go I will bring it to you, I should be able to go........ Wink
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 5th 2010, 6:13 pm

Why not just put in smaller jets for the present fuel? It'd be cheaper/easier that going to Egypt and buy Q16 or M5.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 September 5th 2010, 10:02 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Why not just put in smaller jets for the present fuel? It'd be cheaper/easier that going to Egypt and buy Q16 or M5.

because they lost there Thanking Caps. and they wont to ride a camel. Laughing

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 5th 2010, 10:57 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Why not just put in smaller jets for the present fuel? It'd be cheaper/easier that going to Egypt and buy Q16 or M5.
i'll probly do just that Lem.i changed the carb for the last pass just to see what another one would run like cuz my 1050&1150 are the only two thats ever been on it.it was a c&s that didnt belong to me and i didnt want to change the jets or nothen without asking first so i just went with it.it had no p/v's,same as my 1150,and 87 jets in it.i also went up to 4000 chip form 3200 and the 60' picked up a little but mph fell off by 2mph.somewhere in the 91-92 range will go in it to try again.some Q16 would be nice to try out too though. Cool i got the 5800 converter today Very Happy it'll be in too.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2