BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New style starter.....Heros wanted

+10
bcr466
f250mike
fatal addiction
the Coug
Frank Merkl
bbf-falcon
DanH
richter69
Wheelie58
frank13
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New style starter.....Heros wanted  - Page 2 Empty Re: New style starter.....Heros wanted

Post  bbf-falcon September 12th 2010, 8:22 am

Glad ya got it Frank,and nice talkin to ya Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

New style starter.....Heros wanted  - Page 2 Empty Re: New style starter.....Heros wanted

Post  fatal addiction September 12th 2010, 2:38 pm

well it must of been a good weekend cause i figured mine out also i unhooked the start retard and it fires right up and sounds great made a few good passes yesterday but i got screwed on my time. thats the biggest down fall in mud racing in the rain Sad heres a videoNew style starter.....Heros wanted  - Page 2 Th_webstermudrace005 eric
fatal addiction
fatal addiction

Back to top Go down

Post  frank13 September 12th 2010, 9:30 pm

ok , so i went back to the garage tonight to check on the car...wanted to make sure last night was no fluke....well, it was not a fluke at all.....starts right up, no backfire, no misses, jumps from 750 to 4000 in the blink of an eye......i swear it took 3 seconds before i sorted this out.....car feels like a new beast now.....heading to the dyno on thursday to see whats in her, then the track sat night or sunday night.....

so without starting a new thread, i need some carb rebuild advice/starting point advice.....

I have an older 9375 1050 dominator carb.....she is all torn down and spotless.....now i wanna put it back together and get it to a good starting place.....

1. power valves---use or no? if so what size
2. jetting , primary and secondary sizes....
3. there are two different gaskets, how do i know which one to use......well really there are three, but one is clear....is one for 2, and one for a 3 circuit carb
frank13
frank13

http://www.frankskinkracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  droppedf100 September 13th 2010, 2:22 am

Use a powervalve up front and block the rear if you are street driving it. Run rear jets that are 6-8 sizes bigger than the front. Or else block both and square the jets up. Not sure what sizes to start with. Where are you dynoing it at?

This is an instruction sheet for the carb.
http://holley.com/data/Products/Technical/199R9786-2.pdf
If I were you Id call Holley and ask them where to start. Give them all the numbers from the carb so they know exactly what year model it is.
droppedf100
droppedf100

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra September 14th 2010, 8:51 am

The factory settings for that carb are as follows, jets are 92-92 primary and secondary, neddle and seats are #6-504, no power valve front or rear, .035 squiters for both the rebuild kit is #37-487
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2