BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6.2l test drive .......

+18
jones
schmitty
BB94STANG
jbozzelle
Mark Miller
res0rli9
IDT-572
jasonf
Curt
61coon
gdog
dfree383
Lem Evans
Nevs
TravisRice
richter69
Diggindeeper
bruno
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

6.2l test drive ....... - Page 2 Empty Re: 6.2l test drive .......

Post  bruno September 8th 2010, 9:22 pm

richter69 wrote:It sounds like you should have bought that STC kit and took it to the tech with a hundred dollar bill like I suggested when they were doing the headgaskets............

..............after this the dummy plugs will go and give you a no start after its shut off warm............... Wink

another thing i noticed after they got the headgaskets done , is that it blew black smoke under hard acceleration ..... it had never done that before ....

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno September 8th 2010, 9:23 pm

TravisRice wrote:Nick, glad you found some humor in that. Now in my best Lem impression .......... Aint never had a diesel, just put a little extra gas in the thang and be done with it. Laughing Razz And get yourselves a size 11 1/2 EEE shoe to push the pedal down a little farther while your at it ........... I gotta tell you guy's everythang ...... Rolling Eyes Laughing

Travis

damn bro ...you are on a roll !!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 8th 2010, 9:29 pm

TravisRice wrote:Nick, glad you found some humor in that. Now in my best Lem impression .......... Aint never had a diesel, just put a little extra gas in the thang and be done with it. Laughing Razz And get yourselves a size 11 1/2 EEE shoe to push the pedal down a little farther while your at it ........... I gotta tell you guy's everythang ...... Rolling Eyes Laughing

Travis

them powerstroke's aint got no carb or barrel valve.................how does this work???????? Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice September 8th 2010, 9:34 pm

Gotta read the damn plugs man............. Laughing

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 8th 2010, 9:47 pm

TravisRice wrote:Gotta read the damn plugs man............. Laughing

naw man they goes in the booster VeTuRiS.................. Cool
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf September 8th 2010, 10:37 pm

I have talked to a few people with new ones and they all like the truck but the mileage sucks ass. Single digit numbers seem common with a dually and around 14 for a SRW. My 7.3 gets about 16 so that is just fubar considering this is 8 year newer technology.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon September 8th 2010, 10:49 pm

richter69 wrote:
TravisRice wrote:Gotta read the damn plugs man............. Laughing

naw man they goes in the booster VeTuRiS.................. Cool

6.2l test drive ....... - Page 2 Lems2520optimum2520tune2520up2520technic
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 September 8th 2010, 11:44 pm

2750.00 truck purchase price.
1000.00 paint job.
695.00 wheels.

Total $4445.00 Good truck and if it breaks (I) can fix it myself.
And when I get through with the heads and cam this winter, It will pull with most diesels. I ran 80 mph on the interstate with Red's 30 ft travel trailer no sweat like it is. AND IT's A 460 BBF
And for the difference in cost of a diesel, I can buy a tanker full of fuel. Cool

6.2l test drive ....... - Page 2 Newwheels03-09-10 Cool
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 September 8th 2010, 11:53 pm

Lem Evans wrote:"how much wiggle room do you think these guys have "
About $50,000..........just like the audio installers Laughing

Lem just put the.. TKO on this whole post. cheers

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller September 9th 2010, 12:43 am

bruno wrote:
richter69 wrote:so what broke on the 6.0 Nick?

they are about 2 days out before they get to diagnose the problem ........ was driving under hard acceleration and all of a sudden no power , blip the throttle twice and all of a sudden she stalled and all the lights came on in the dash .........coasted over to a parking lot waited for about 15 - 20 mins and tried to crank but she would turn over but no fire ..... ole well .... life is too short to reallly give a shit ...... had a nice walk back home and im in a toyota camry se with ground effects and dual exhaust ... nice and quit and great on fuel Laughing .... oh and by the way its freakin red too ......... Laughing Laughing ...hey Lem will the Funkmaster Flex tow a trailer Wink

Nick,

I just hope the throttle doesn't stick on the Camry before you turn it back in. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 September 9th 2010, 12:57 am

I just hope the throttle doesn't stick on the Camry before you turn it back in. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nick, they sell roller skates Smile

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 September 9th 2010, 1:03 am

just get a truck like Blake's, build an engine like Lem's and be done with.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 9th 2010, 8:42 am

Lem Evans wrote:"yep and costs how much less to buy, maintain and fix if it does break? Problem is everyone wants to wave their cock around an have the biggest baddest cock....... When 95% never use it anyway."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Damn Dave I never knew were a braggard Shocked

pirat You'll put your eye out.........
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 9th 2010, 8:46 am

bruno wrote:
richter69 wrote:so what broke on the 6.0 Nick?

they are about 2 days out before they get to diagnose the problem ........ was driving under hard acceleration and all of a sudden no power , blip the throttle twice and all of a sudden she stalled and all the lights came on in the dash .........coasted over to a parking lot waited for about 15 - 20 mins and tried to crank but she would turn over but no fire ..... ole well .... life is too short to reallly give a shit ...... had a nice walk back home and im in a toyota camry se with ground effects and dual exhaust ... nice and quit and great on fuel Laughing .... oh and by the way its freakin red too ......... Laughing Laughing ...hey Lem will the Funkmaster Flex tow a trailer Wink

Low injector Oil Pressure? Check the connector to the Pressure sensor on the Passenger Valve cover, mine was doing funky stuff because of a coroded connector and some dielectric grease fixed the problem.....
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno September 9th 2010, 8:57 am

i dont have a pot to piss in ...... let alone buy a truck if it was 1.00 Very Happy .... just frustrated .... and wanted to do a little venting ..

ps ... i have already done emergency testing just incase the throttle stuck Razz Razz Laughing Laughing

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle September 9th 2010, 10:53 am

Follow Fabio's long standing advice and buy a used 7.3... Or listen to Blake and buy a used BBF gasser...

Want to buy my 2008 diesel with almost 100K on it?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 9th 2010, 11:45 am

Want to buy my 2008 diesel with almost 100K on it?

Hell no!!!!! Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 September 9th 2010, 11:56 am

My view is ............... If you can't use the diesel trucks for what they were designed for (Loaded up and truckin)
You don't need it.

Drag racer's don't pull enough to justify buying a Big diesel truck, most of the time. There are exceptions, I know. But most of the time it's just setting collecting dust. If you are driving it everyday back and forth to work just for transportation, then it's an ego thing. Or you have too much money.

I looked at it for a good while, trying to justify buying a 2002-2003 7.3 with around 150,000 miles on it, not a new one and still couldn't it being a smart thing to do economically.

That's why I bought the truck I have now. It will do all I need it to do and it wont burn enough fuel to off set the better milage the diesel's get.

And the good part is I have the left over 14,000 bucks to spend on going fast.................... Very Happy Cool Cool Twisted Evil cheers cheers
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 9th 2010, 11:59 am

Don't under estimate the new 6.2L engine.......it has more power than any 460 ever made including the '69-'71 high compression car engines.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 9th 2010, 12:11 pm

IDT-572 wrote:My view is ............... If you can't use the diesel trucks for what they were designed for (Loaded up and truckin)
You don't need it.

Drag racer's don't pull enough to justify buying a Big diesel truck, most of the time. There are exceptions, I know. But most of the time it's just setting collecting dust. If you are driving it everyday back and forth to work just for transportation, then it's an ego thing. Or you have too much money.

I looked at it for a good while, trying to justify buying a 2002-2003 7.3 with around 150,000 miles on it, not a new one and still couldn't it being a smart thing to do economically.

That's why I bought the truck I have now. It will do all I need it to do and it wont burn enough fuel to off set the better milage the diesel's get.

And the good part is I have the left over 14,000 bucks to spend on going fast.................... Very Happy Cool Cool Twisted Evil cheers cheers

I agree, if i had the extra cash I'd buy a daily driver and park the truck..............just use it for towing..............but the extra cash I save on another car I can put to racing needs................

We may buy somthing in a couple years for the wife and I'll make the explorer my DD and storm chase unit.................its already broken in............. cheers

Its the whole 60k truck thing, gots to have my SYNC and navigation, heated and cooled seats, sunroof, King Racnh look at me with the small dick baller truck....................back in the day a "superduty" was a work truck, now all the soccer moms gotta have one, everybody bought one, now diesel is through the roof. I'll prolly keep this truck another 10 years, its paid for, I can work on it, it pulls the shit out of my trailer...............I dont need a sunroof, SYNC, heated and cooled seats................."baller package"......BTW this truck stickered for 24k new..................what the hell happened in 12 years?
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 9th 2010, 1:22 pm

The other thing is these fix er uppers are noit really for the guy who aint a "mechanic", so a fella has to buy something reliable that does not need work.

And even though a racer might only use it locally a few times a year it needs to be up to the task, I'd rather have too much truck as not enough.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 September 9th 2010, 1:28 pm

richter69 wrote:The other thing is these fix er uppers are noit really for the guy who aint a "mechanic", so a fella has to buy something reliable that does not need work.

And even though a racer might only use it locally a few times a year it needs to be up to the task, I'd rather have too much truck as not enough.

I agree, but wasn't suggesting buying a 4 cyl. Ranger to pull a 28 ft enclosed trailer either. I think what I bougt was a mechanically sound, and truck big enough to do all I wanted and more.

To each his own............. People are going to buy what they want, I guess it just don't really matter.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BB94STANG September 9th 2010, 1:39 pm

IDT-572 wrote:2750.00 truck purchase price.
1000.00 paint job.
695.00 wheels.

And when I get through with the heads and cam this winter, It will pull with most diesels. I ran 80 mph on the interstate with Red's 30 ft travel trailer no sweat like it is. AND IT's A 460 BBF
And for the difference in cost of a diesel, I can buy a tanker full of fuel. Cool

Lets just put my little shortblock in there this winter and build a bigger one for my mustang Very Happy
BB94STANG
BB94STANG

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 9th 2010, 1:39 pm

There are deals out there of all kinds and you have to do what is right for you. I've been asked many times if I got a good deal on my Dodge, and I say heck ya. 2005 Crew Cab Cummins 1 ton 4wd for $12.5k who could say no. Are there more deals out there like that, maybe. Would I own another gas truck to do what I do with a truck, heck ya if the deal was a good one. I've owned 4 diesel trucks, one diesel Excursion, and several different brands of gas trucks and now a Yukon XL. I've never regretted any of them. I do a lot of research before I buy and study some vehicle trends on when to trade and have many contacts to get what I'm looking for. One thing that I'm not going to do for quite some time is buy any new vehicle. They cost way too much and depreciate way to fast for my budget right now and I can buy 1-3 year old low mileage stuff for way less $/mile right now. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 September 9th 2010, 2:35 pm

BB94STANG wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:2750.00 truck purchase price.
1000.00 paint job.
695.00 wheels.

Lets just put my little shortblock in there this winter and build a bigger one for my mustang Very Happy

Sounds like a plan to me.................... Cool
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next