BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

edelbrock warranty

+4
jasonf
darrin1999
bruno
cooter
8 posters

Go down

edelbrock warranty Empty edelbrock warranty

Post  cooter September 10th 2010, 3:37 pm

i just wanted to have a hats off to Edelbrock for wonderful warranty program. I ordered a 555 bbc Pat Musi/ Edelbrock crate motor and it had 2 bad lifters. I phoned Edelbrock and they said they had some lifter problems and would send new ones out once i emailed them my invoice and engine number. The motor was 1 week over warranty but never run and they said no problem. Had this been Comp Cams i would have had to jump through hoops and hire a metalurgy pro to prove the lifter is defective and then they would have said to bad as it was 1 week over warranty. Warranty is worth nothing these days, it sure is nice to see someone cares.

cooter

Back to top Go down

edelbrock warranty Empty Re: edelbrock warranty

Post  bruno September 10th 2010, 4:54 pm

thats what it is all about .... thats why i chose BF Evans Race parts and jet Boat Bob for all my BBF service's and parts .... its all about the product knowledge and service after the sale .. Wink

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  darrin1999 September 12th 2010, 4:12 pm

yep, too bad the same cant be said about your poor 6.0 nick.

darrin1999

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf September 12th 2010, 4:45 pm

I recently sent my corvair steering box (from my t bucket) back to Flaming River and it is over 3 years old, no receipt plus I didn't even buy it. They checked it out and set it up and shipped it back no charge. I know how you feel to get some decent customer service.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

edelbrock warranty Empty good customer service stories

Post  blown473 September 12th 2010, 6:42 pm

Vic Edelbrock jr used to put on product tech seminars for us Super Shops employees down in southern CA. They were video taped and sent all around the country for viewing in the companies stores. He did this every year, so I got to know the man. He even took us on a tour of his factory in El Segundo. He believes in great customer service, products that really work and make a difference, and making his parts here in the USA by American workers. He built his own foundry in San Jacinto, CA. , to do all his castings here. Because of his passion, he has built a great company to do business with. I also have to give a great service award to Hampton Blowers, when I could not find a aluminum billet single belt water pump pulley for my 460 Ford, I called Don Hampton, and he said "Let me see if I can find you one" 3 days later a UPS box shows up on my doorstep with a brand new pulley in it, No Charge! He made it for me free since I had bought my 460 kit from him, it was service after the sale. You never forget great service, and we are loyal to the suppliers who give it.
blown473
blown473

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 12th 2010, 6:52 pm

darrin1999 wrote:yep, too bad the same cant be said about your poor 6.0 nick.

what cha talkin' about? its been warrantied every time........... Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy September 13th 2010, 10:18 pm

blown473 wrote:Vic Edelbrock jr used to put on product tech seminars for us Super Shops employees down in southern CA.

I used to work for Service Center in Orange County, CA. You may remember them. Super Shop's biggest competitor.
The company was based out of Gardena, but I cannot remember how many stores they had.

Hardly any more speed shops left in the world now. I'm glad I got to work at one before they all disappeared. Very Happy

The biggest highlight for me working there was when Mickey Thompson talked to us all at a company meeting.. Very Happy
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

edelbrock warranty Empty Service Center

Post  blown473 September 13th 2010, 10:44 pm

I remember Service Center well. They were a big chain too, I think about 100 stores. I went to Business school sponsored by Super Shops in Garden Grove, right in the heart of Orange County. Our main office was right near the beach at New Port Beach. Harry Eberlin the co. founder/owner had a house on the end of New Port Harbor. He and Vic Edelbrock used to take Harry's Rolls Royce and go sliding around corners down to the beach!! Quite a sight! Reggie Jackson came to a staff meeting once to check out Harry's cars and house once. Reggie had a big collection at the time. It was a great part of my life then, I got to tour pretty much every parts factory in southern CA. I got to go to Vic's dyno room and watch them test the new at the time Pro-Ram tunnel ram. They were doing 10,000 rpm pulls on a small block chevy! It was wild to watch. Its sad all the big chains are gone, the best part was the face to face contact you had with the customers, and watching them build their dreams. I've meet so many wonderful people over the years, I've got plenty of stories to tell when I have grand kids. I had the very rare opportunity to move around the country for that company from California to Portland, Los Angles to Atlanta, and my territory was from Chicago in the north to Miami in the south, to Baton Rouge on the west and Charlotte on the east. I wouldn't trade those years for anything.
blown473
blown473

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 September 13th 2010, 11:09 pm

Greg ! That had to be one hell of a ride Cool

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

edelbrock warranty Empty good old days

Post  blown473 September 14th 2010, 12:29 am

Yes it was! One of my old bosses at Super Shops is now a Vice President at Edelbrock (Steve Whipple) He got us into the SEMA show in 2004 as guests of Edelbrock, we were treated like royalty. Thats why I am honored to run their water pump, carbs and water injection on my blower motor. Its truly a blessing to be involved with this sport and hobby. And it continues to this day on the forums, its been a pleasure to deal with the vendors here that have helped me, Lem Evans, Paul Kane, Induction Solutions, and many individual sellers on here.. Thanks to all.....
blown473
blown473

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down