BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something for KY and HeRo to work on.

+8
KY JELLY
TravisRice
the Coug
blown473
David Cole
richter69
Lem Evans
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Something for KY and HeRo to work on. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something for KY and HeRo to work on.

Post  dfree383 September 28th 2010, 6:40 am

This is a tough one......... Being we do not have a bunch of specs on the car, converotr, gearing, tire, cam specs.

My guess is the motor is out of wave tune for the set-up he was running with the other top end.

The Runner Length, Port Volumn, Velocity, Cam timing Etc. needs a different Set-up.....
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Something for KY and HeRo to work on. - Page 2 Empty Re: Something for KY and HeRo to work on.

Post  Lem Evans September 28th 2010, 9:33 am

DanH wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:Wow.......I thought all a guy had to do was put injected alky on an engine. Gotta buy headers, cam and the like Laughing
Lem , you saying the flow velocity is the same for both heads ? lthat would be great .lol ADD: I didn't say needs new cam , headers can be mod . longer/shorter (if able to)
Please notice the Laughing thing. I do think the A460 heads would like a different cam than the BT in most cases .

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 28th 2010, 9:40 am

dfree383 wrote:This is a tough one......... Being we do not have a bunch of specs on the car, converotr, gearing, tire, cam specs.

My guess is the motor is out of wave tune for the set-up he was running with the other top end.

The Runner Length, Port Volumn, Velocity, Cam timing Etc. needs a different Set-up.....
Not a car.......it's a hydro drag boat with 2 speed Lenco and voomies.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 28th 2010, 10:10 am

Lem Evans wrote:
dfree383 wrote:This is a tough one......... Being we do not have a bunch of specs on the car, converotr, gearing, tire, cam specs.

Not a car.......it's a hydro drag boat with 2 speed Lenco and voomies.

Motors not making the same torque in the same range as the previous top end = reduced ET.

Different Gear Ratios or Prop needed?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2