BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's using the new Trickflow manifold?

+5
342g
Mark Laczo
c.evans
richter69
bbcoupe
9 posters

Go down

Who's using the new Trickflow manifold? Empty Who's using the new Trickflow manifold?

Post  bbcoupe October 6th 2010, 6:29 pm

Not much being said about the new TFS Mafia manifolds lately, are they readily available yet?
Anyone been doing some "recent" testing?
I am in the middle of a rebuild at the moment and would like hear more about peoples experiences with them.
Thanks,
Sean.

bbcoupe

https://www.youtube.com/user/coupe545

Back to top Go down

Who's using the new Trickflow manifold? Empty Re: Who's using the new Trickflow manifold?

Post  richter69 October 6th 2010, 6:41 pm

I had limited testing, and when I ran it the air was a lot worse than with the victor.....lets just say it didn't slow down with the heat. My victor was a really worked over piece though, motor smallish, heads pretty much tapped out. I had double the price of the Mafia in my victor as well.

Mafia for the win............ cheers I need my royalty fee for naming it as well........... Cool
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Who's using the new Trickflow manifold? Empty Re: Who's using the new Trickflow manifold?

Post  c.evans October 6th 2010, 8:18 pm

Randy Moore is using it (Blakes), and he's flying. He set a personal best of 5.03 e.t. with it this weekend at Beech Bend. Of course the good air helped also. Bobby Shrewsberry who won the 2010 Ford Bash with a max effort fully ported Victor, used mine and he told me he thought it was worth about .03 (three hundredths) and 1 mph in his dragster. Mine was just lighty tootsie rolled. Rob (Schmitty) likes it also. Very Happy One problem is that some of the guys who got some of the pre-production manifolds haven't actually been racing in a long time, and we aren't getting any test results from them.

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Who's using the new Trickflow manifold? Empty New TFS Intake

Post  Mark Laczo October 7th 2010, 1:08 am

I Am,

When I dynoed my engine I didn't get a chance to do a back to back test with my fully ported Victor (over $600 invested) but this new manifold is less dollars invested overall and more horsepower potential. My build is in the Proven build section. I only raced 1/3 of the year which is 3 out of 9 race meets and finished 8th overall out of 35 competitors. I am very happy with the results so far.

FWIW Mark

Last edited by Mark Laczo on October 7th 2010, 1:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrections)
Mark Laczo
Mark Laczo

Back to top Go down

Post  342g October 7th 2010, 12:24 pm

So what is the price for one, and will it work on a dove head, and stock d1ve block?
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY October 7th 2010, 12:57 pm

It is a great running intake with just a slick up job out of the box and a lot better balanced as far as fuel and air distribution with fuel injection than a max ported victor is. I would say the air and fuel distribution with a carb would be the exact opposite as a victor is but have not tested a carb on Blakes intake.

With fuel injection # 6 is the lean cylinder wanting more fuel on my engine. Very little difference on egt's and could be a small head port flow variance .

This is fact there are racers out there with tunnel rams , and sheet metal tunnel rams that will not duplicate the power this intake offers much less the value in price. There is no doubt in my mind the trick flow intake will support 975 -1000 hp with just a slick up job , but the rest of the engine has to be up to the task also.
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R October 7th 2010, 8:18 pm

Are these available yet? If so who stocks them and how much?

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans October 7th 2010, 8:23 pm

Mike R wrote:Are these available yet? If so who stocks them and how much?

Lem Evans does. Contact him at www.bfevansraceparts.com

Hope this helps,

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty October 7th 2010, 10:19 pm

I have one of the manifolds and can only repeat what the others have said, it's considerably cheaper than doing a Victor. There is surely more potential in this manifold over the Victor. It's gonna make the Victor a museum piece. Cool Don't know about the D1VE block, but it does seem to work fine with my DOVE heads.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  bbcoupe October 8th 2010, 4:47 am

All sounds good guys, thanks.

I am on a waiting list with Lem at the moment, I hope stock becomes available soon!Smile

Sean.

Who's using the new Trickflow manifold? DSC_07917-1

bbcoupe

Back to top Go down

Who's using the new Trickflow manifold? Empty Trick Flow Trailer

Post  512Fairlane October 9th 2010, 10:31 pm

I talked with a guy at the Trick Flow trailer at the NMCA race yesterday. They said they had a slight "machining error" on the last batch of castings they had so they weren't able to use them. They have a new batch of castings arriving and they are starting the machine work. Should be "readily" available around January.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  bbcoupe October 10th 2010, 2:06 am

512Fairlane wrote:I talked with a guy at the Trick Flow trailer at the NMCA race yesterday. They said they had a slight "machining error" on the last batch of castings they had so they weren't able to use them. They have a new batch of castings arriving and they are starting the machine work. Should be "readily" available around January.

Doh!
Not the news I was hoping to hear!

Looks like the motor will have to go back together as is and will await a late Christmas pressy.

Sean.

Who's using the new Trickflow manifold? DSC01712-1

bbcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down