BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need answers please ,, just got some motorsport a 460 heads and have question on my block also

2 posters

Go down

need answers please ,, just got some motorsport a 460 heads and have question on my block also  Empty need answers please ,, just got some motorsport a 460 heads and have question on my block also

Post  5pointslow October 6th 2010, 8:18 pm

question # 1 .......my heads are motorsport a 460 ......i want to use on my d1ve block ( i know you guys are gonna say why ,...but i am)
what head studs do i use for these heads on my block ?

question # 2 .........these are 7/16 push rods? and 3/8 rocker studs correct ?

last question ...............on my d1ve block have partial fill and main caps installed ......ive heard the cylinders are shorter ....i got 6.8 oliver rods and gonna get a crank but un sure of doing a 4.3 or 4.5 in my block .........any help would be great ...

gonna do either 521 or 545 .030 over and yes my valves will be shrouded i know

thanks ....always good tech here
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

need answers please ,, just got some motorsport a 460 heads and have question on my block also  Empty Re: need answers please ,, just got some motorsport a 460 heads and have question on my block also

Post  c.evans October 6th 2010, 8:31 pm

5pointslow wrote:question # 1 .......my heads are motorsport a 460 ......i want to use on my d1ve block ( i know you guys are gonna say why ,...but i am)
what head studs do i use for these heads on my block ?

question # 2 .........these are 7/16 push rods? and 3/8 rocker studs correct ?

last question ...............on my d1ve block have partial fill and main caps installed ......ive heard the cylinders are shorter ....i got 6.8 oliver rods and gonna get a crank but un sure of doing a 4.3 or 4.5 in my block .........any help would be great ...

gonna do either 521 or 545 .030 over and yes my valves will be shrouded i know

thanks ....always good tech here

#1 Use A-460 head studs.

#2 Most likely they are 3/8" pushrods and 7/16" rocker studs. Typo on your part?

#3 Yes, they D1VE block has the short cylinder walls. I have used both the 4.300 stroke and the 4.500 stroke crankshafts in short cylinder wall blocks. 4.300" is technically "more better" because it does not pull the pin down so far out of the cylinder bore. Main thing is, make sure and hand sand or champher the bottom of the cylinders so that there are no sharp corners.

#4 In regards to your shrouding, check your exhaust valve clearance carefully. Most of the older Motorsports A-460 heads used either a 1.940" diamter or a 1.900" diameter exhaust valve. Most likely they will hit the cylinder wall (.030" over) as they open.

Hope this helps,

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down