BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any one run Spintech mufflers ??

4 posters

Go down

Any one run Spintech mufflers ?? Empty Any one run Spintech mufflers ??

Post  TravisRice October 27th 2010, 5:02 pm

I am looking into their 4" oval piped mufflers. Good, bad, none ?? Will try to run an X pipe also but may have to settle for a H instead if there is not enough room.

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Any one run Spintech mufflers ?? Empty Re: Any one run Spintech mufflers ??

Post  rmcomprandy October 28th 2010, 11:32 am

Good sound ... if you don't mind their power robbing qualities which are pretty much the same as a Turbo-Type muffler..

4" is only one side of an oval dimension, lol.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Any one run Spintech mufflers ?? Empty Yep

Post  wowens October 28th 2010, 2:14 pm

3 1/2 oval in & out small case mufflers as used in hooters cup and nascar west (?) series through a 3 & 1/2 oval X pipe and 3 1/2 oval to mufflers and out the back.

Motor made 808 on the dyno, car & me weighs 3200, goes 138 in the 1/4 but I have no idea how much HP they eat. ET sucks, on drag radials and set up for street.

Loud, which I like, very crisp with a strong firing pulse seperation, you can allmost count the individual cylinders firing at idle, drones on the highway, everybody looks when they hear it, sounds like a very high compression small block until you jump on it. Then it gets LOUD. Very Happy
wowens
wowens

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice October 28th 2010, 6:14 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:Good sound ... if you don't mind their power robbing qualities which are pretty much the same as a Turbo-Type muffler..

Thanks, thats what I am looking for. Don't need another Flowmaster copy. I really like the Pypes mufflers but no 4" ...............

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy October 28th 2010, 8:48 pm

TravisRice wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:Good sound ... if you don't mind their power robbing qualities which are pretty much the same as a Turbo-Type muffler..

Thanks, thats what I am looking for. Don't need another Flowmaster copy. I really like the Pypes mufflers but no 4" ...............

I would really look at whatever sizes are available from DynoMax and Magnaflow. Unless you OVER-exhaust it, a muffler that you can see through will be best.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs October 29th 2010, 12:28 am

Have you looked into hushpower pros? Those have some awesome sound and aren't that loud at part throttle. Flow as well as straight pipes too. I've heard nothing but good about them. Unlike the rest of flowmaster Laughing
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down