BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEED HELP! Headers glowing red

+11
whatbumper
bbf-falcon
TRUKPULR
72puller
c.evans
69F100
lghting94
lance flake
DanH
dfree383
leonmathis
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NEED HELP! Headers glowing red - Page 2 Empty Re: NEED HELP! Headers glowing red

Post  leonmathis November 10th 2010, 9:38 am

Removed the intake lastnight and I can see where the intake has inprinted all the way around each intake port so I'll rule that out, but the lifter that was making noise wiped out the lobe, so I'm taking a break and going to start cutting wood for the winter and I'll find another way to haul it. If I find something or figure it out I'll be sure to post it. Thanks Leon

leonmathis

Back to top Go down

NEED HELP! Headers glowing red - Page 2 Empty Re: NEED HELP! Headers glowing red

Post  bbf-falcon November 10th 2010, 10:01 am

Good luck Leon,have fun cutting wood, and be careful Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  1Bad91 November 10th 2010, 4:10 pm

This sounds like a complete Timing issue. We had this happen before and not enough timing......trying to remember what caused it though.
1Bad91
1Bad91

Back to top Go down

Post  studly November 11th 2010, 9:18 pm

studly wrote:wiped cam lobes Question

we have a winner Laughing
Had this happen more than once check cam end play needs to be on the loose side for solid lifters
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

NEED HELP! Headers glowing red - Page 2 Empty update

Post  leonmathis November 29th 2010, 12:33 pm

I got the engine out and checked the timing marks and cam degree and it was right on the both of them. Just got one cam lobe, wasnt even on the cylinders causing the problem.

leonmathis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2