BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how can i tell the compression

4 posters

Go down

how can i tell the compression Empty how can i tell the compression

Post  daves79dart November 12th 2010, 6:16 am

how can i tell the compression of my 466?i did a compression test and all where at 210 psi to 230 psi.thanks

daves79dart

Back to top Go down

how can i tell the compression Empty Re: how can i tell the compression

Post  bigblockfox468 November 12th 2010, 8:24 am

daves79dart wrote:how can i tell the compression of my 466?i did a compression test and all where at 210 psi to 230 psi.thanks

I don't think you can nail that down with compression readings scratch . IMO your readings are a good indication that you have a good ring and valve seal package and possibly small chamber heads. Whats heads are on it? Without bore, stroke, head gasket thickness etc etc specs..... it may be hard to actually really know. But I'm no pro No we'll wait for the experts to chime in.
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Bernie November 12th 2010, 9:21 am

I guess you're looking for the static compression ratio, so... http://www.wallaceracing.com/cr_test2.php

Bernie

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 12th 2010, 9:36 pm

Intake valve closing point will have a major effect on cranking cylinder poundage readings.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  daves79dart November 13th 2010, 4:42 am

bigblockfox468 wrote:
daves79dart wrote:how can i tell the compression of my 466?i did a compression test and all where at 210 psi to 230 psi.thanks

I don't think you can nail that down with compression readings scratch . IMO your readings are a good indication that you have a good ring and valve seal package and possibly small chamber heads. Whats heads are on it? Without bore, stroke, head gasket thickness etc etc specs..... it may be hard to actually really know. But I'm no pro No we'll wait for the experts to chime in.
the heads are dove c,bore is .30 over from stock,stroke is stock,that is all i know about the engine.im trying to get the cam card from the guy i got it from.i will post the specks of everything when i get it.im looking for a ballpark idea of the compression.thanks

daves79dart

Back to top Go down

Post  daves79dart November 13th 2010, 11:24 pm

the heads and block are not milled.i did get the cam card the specks are gross valve lift intake .589 exhaust .615 duration @ .050 intake 256 exhaust 267 lobe separation 108. hope this helps

daves79dart

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down