BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Willwood Front brakes

4 posters

Go down

Willwood Front brakes Empty Willwood Front brakes

Post  bbf-falcon November 23rd 2010, 7:05 pm

My pads still have 3/16" pad still on them, but the rotor is now grinding into the caliper,is this a common occurence w/these brakes?

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Willwood Front brakes Empty Re: Willwood Front brakes

Post  TravisRice November 23rd 2010, 8:00 pm

Rick,
Take the rotor off and make sure it is not starting to cup on a flat surface. They will rub the caliper once the rotor starts to warp. Otherwise I don't see how the caliper itself could rub since it is solid mount and piston moved, not like the factory disc brakes on a passenger car.

Travis

PS - I have a new set of brake pads if you need them, send me your address and I'll mail them to you. Free of charge Wink

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 November 24th 2010, 8:47 am

do you have the caliper shimmed properly to the center?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 24th 2010, 9:33 am

dfree383 wrote:do you have the caliper shimmed properly to the center?

I will recheck it Dave Thx

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 24th 2010, 9:37 am

TravisRice wrote:Rick,
Take the rotor off and make sure it is not starting to cup on a flat surface. They will rub the caliper once the rotor starts to warp. Otherwise I don't see how the caliper itself could rub since it is solid mount and piston moved, not like the factory disc brakes on a passenger car.

Travis

PS - I have a new set of brake pads if you need them, send me your address and I'll mail them to you. Free of charge Wink

They seem to run straight when turning Travis,my pads have some cracks in them so I will take the Pads, but they are too expensive for you to give them to me.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice November 24th 2010, 4:41 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
TravisRice wrote:Rick,

Travis

They seem to run straight when turning Travis,my pads have some cracks in them so I will take the Pads, but they are too expensive for you to give them to me.

No Rick, I wont take anything for them. You have helped me out in the past and I for one don't forget things like that.

Second, I am not refering to them being warped in and out wavy wise .More so of being cupped from the spindle hub the outside edge of the rotor, kind of soup bowlish for the lack of a better term. Those thin rotors tend to cup instead of distorting is what I have found atleast. Then the rotor edge starts to get cupped out enough to rub the caliper when it gets some heat in it.

Travis

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav November 24th 2010, 6:18 pm

Good to know that one Travis.
Thanks.
Al
72mav
72mav