BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear brakes upgrade 8.8 and manual brakes, M.C. and factory swap disc??

3 posters

Go down

Rear brakes upgrade 8.8 and manual brakes, M.C. and factory swap disc?? Empty Rear brakes upgrade 8.8 and manual brakes, M.C. and factory swap disc??

Post  Ed501 October 6th 2010, 10:56 pm

Ran off end of track once, some 1/8 mile tracks are kinda short for stock brakes, I can lock up the front so better concentrate on stopping rear Embarassed

Ed501

Back to top Go down

Rear brakes upgrade 8.8 and manual brakes, M.C. and factory swap disc?? Empty Re: Rear brakes upgrade 8.8 and manual brakes, M.C. and factory swap disc??

Post  whatbumper October 6th 2010, 11:16 pm

bite the bullet and get some aerospace, strange, wilwood, etc..... you will be better off. chutes are handy also no matter how fast you are. Very Happy

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Rear brakes upgrade 8.8 and manual brakes, M.C. and factory swap disc?? Empty Re: Rear brakes upgrade 8.8 and manual brakes, M.C. and factory swap disc??

Post  the Coug October 7th 2010, 5:37 am

Ed when you change the back to disc make sure you put the proportion valve on the rears so not to lock them up..... bouncing is no fun.....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Ed501 October 7th 2010, 7:25 am

Thanks guys, i need to do something for sure , get line locks so my brakes dont get so hot Shocked , I forgot about heat and brake fade,lol. They also seem to be getting worse, probably glazing shoes-pads. All well season is pretty much over, here. Also i think bigger motors make it harder to stop ive learned, or some reason mine does.

Ed501

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper October 7th 2010, 8:39 am

what do you have on the fronts? stock?

Fix that first.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down