BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chamber softening

+12
c.evans
dfree383
Lem Evans
studly
cool40
rmcomprandy
LivermoreDave
DaveMcLain
jones
billandlori
bruno
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Chamber softening - Page 3 Empty Re: Chamber softening

Post  bruno August 26th 2011, 9:25 am

if my "budget" can afford to by a set of max p-51's @ 5,000.00 or a max set of a460's for 8,000.00 or a max set of c460 for 12,000.00 ......yall dont understand were im coming from .......

im a career test and tuner , its gonna take me another 3 years to get this new combo down the track anyway , i just want to be the fastest one on the property , and no i cannnot afford an 800' deal ...

im just thinking outside the box here thats all.

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  138 August 26th 2011, 9:47 am

lol...I feel your pain. I was freakin out about A vs. C - stud vs. shafts - maintenance vs knowledge - motor vs. family...etc... so I found a set of "used" never used a460 headers, and a used A intake, then I was committed... solved all that bullshit real fast... I have a problem when there are to many options. maybe you just need a hug, and a real break down on the price to get those C heads up to par, because I dont think its 12 grand... I will keep my uneducated, no experience opinions to myself from now on during this time of indecision, and confusion...good luck

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior August 26th 2011, 9:51 am

bruno wrote:if my "budget" can afford to by a set of max p-51's @ 5,000.00 or a max set of a460's for 8,000.00 or a max set of c460 for 12,000.00 ......yall dont understand were im coming from .......

im a career test and tuner , its gonna take me another 3 years to get this new combo down the track anyway , i just want to be the fastest one on the property , and no i cannnot afford an 800' deal ...

While you're thinking outside the box, why not some A441 heads?? or any other hemi head for that matter?
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 26th 2011, 10:00 am

bruno wrote:if my "budget" can afford to by a set of max p-51's @ 5,000.00 or a max set of a460's for 8,000.00 or a max set of c460 for 12,000.00 ......yall dont understand were im coming from .......

A max set of C460's isn't going to cost you $12K WTF !!! Where in the hell are you getting those numbers ?????

Stop Chasing the Jones's...... You'll never win.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH August 27th 2011, 9:22 am

max effort , use the new head from IDT or the new pro stock , then there still is the E460 heads . Why spent money to mod a lesser head to bring it to the level of casting already available

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 27th 2011, 10:25 am

no matter what you build or how long you take or amount of money you spend....there will always be someone with more hp, a faster car etc. I like building um as much as the next guy, one thing that sux is watching everyone else go race while I sit around and build my junk lol. I'd like to see what your combo has in it with the fogger turned loose..............I bet there is a still a bit more to get.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 August 27th 2011, 10:30 am

NICK , RUN THE C HEAD, you wont be disapointed.

still waiting to here from someone whos RAN THAT idt head.
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 27th 2011, 10:44 am

DanH wrote:max effort , use the new head from IDT or the new pro stock , then there still is the E460 heads . Why spent money to mod a lesser head to bring it to the level of casting already available

I somewhat agree ... it seems the original cost of the heads is all that is being discussed however, labor to increase the performance of heads which need work is NOT free and probably more expensive than the head itself.
Get a head where everything is finished and ready to bolt-on. The REQUIRED valve train, intake manifold and exhaust IS a cost of running a particular head so, THAT cost has to be included also.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  138 August 27th 2011, 2:52 pm

Chamber softening - Page 3 300px-StampedeRodeo2002

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 28th 2011, 9:06 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
DanH wrote:max effort , use the new head from IDT or the new pro stock , then there still is the E460 heads . Why spent money to mod a lesser head to bring it to the level of casting already available

I somewhat agree ... it seems the original cost of the heads is all that is being discussed however, labor to increase the performance of heads which need work is NOT free and probably more expensive than the head itself.
Get a head where everything is finished and ready to bolt-on. The REQUIRED valve train, intake manifold and exhaust IS a cost of running a particular head so, THAT cost has to be included also.

i just want to know all the options , and i know im being flamed for using the word budget , but reguardless of the amount , im trying to do alot more research . shit thats how i found Lem, Charlie and the whole KY Gang Wink

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content