BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help data loggers

+2
Wheelie58
rck532
6 posters

Go down

help data loggers Empty help data loggers

Post  rck532 December 22nd 2010, 10:45 pm

I need some opinions on data loggers I am looking at racepak
The sportsman or the dash logger
Is the g-meter a useful option
What options do you recommend
Do you need a 16 volt system for the 02 sensors
Thanks Rick
rck532
rck532
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

help data loggers Empty Racepak

Post  Wheelie58 December 23rd 2010, 12:52 am

Rick,
I use the V300 SD Racepak unit. It comes standard with 2 G meters. I occasionally look at the G meters, mainly to see how straight the run was. I am going off pure memory, but I know that you get about 4 switch inputs, Engine RPM, driveshaft RPM....wait a minute....I will paste from their web site...
:
" The affordable V300SD data recorder is the most common recorder for Pro Stock, Pro Modified and many of the Sportsman classes. In its base configuration, the V300 monitors six parameters (Engine RPM, Driveshaft RPM, Accel G, Lateral G, Battery Volts and a 12-volt event), but it can be expanded to monitor up to 67 channels of data to meet the needs of most users. The V300SD can sample data as quickly as 1000 times per second.

Uploading recorded data to your computer is done via a SD memory card, which provides you with hours of recording time and the ability to store many runs prior to uploading the data. The V300SD also has multiple methods of displaying monitored data in real time. When linked by serial cable to your PC you can view all recorded functions in either graph format or on 8 virtual gauges while the vehicle is running. Any monitored function can also be displayed in real time on Racepak’s optional Intelli-Gauges or either the IQ3 or Ultra Dash (UDX)."

I monitor 1 egt, crankcase vacuum, trans temp, oil presssure, engine temp, driveshaft rpm and 4 various analog switches on my shifter, and elsewhere. I can look at the throttle stop function, trans brake efficiency, all tuning aspects, with a lot more precision than ever before. Each item that you choose to monitor will cost about $150 to $250 extra. I added the Ultra Dash, just to update my car and hopefully look cool.
The installation is a snap. The entire system is top notch....harnesses and all.
For more detail, call my pal at RacePak, Eric Lowe at 949-709-5555. He has been very helpful.
You may want to also look at the Sportsman model.
The coolest thing is the SD card function.
After each run, you just pop the card out and quickly upload your run directly to your computer, using a standard USB card reader. No long cables required!
Rumors are rampant about super class racers "cheating" with the Racepak coupled with a Digital ignition system. If it is true, I really can not determine HOW they are doing it.
All I know, is the Racepak gives you great information about each run to allow better tuning and decisions on improving your operation. Going down the track, it is no advantage.
I hope this helps.
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

help data loggers Empty Re: help data loggers

Post  BigDave65 December 23rd 2010, 10:37 am

Keith, if you don't mind, what exactly is transbrake efficiency? and how do you monitor it? Thanks

Sorry to hijack thread!
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 23rd 2010, 10:43 am

I have the replay dash, but wish that I had either a sportsman or the V300. If you get a data recorder you can still use the cheaper non playback dash and save a bundle on gauges. The only downside to the racepak is the price, the good thing is that you get what you pay for. If you only want or need to monitor a couple of things (21 channels), the sportsman is the way to go. Another good reliable recorder is the RPM Performace from OK city. It is a very good unit, expandable, a little cheaper plus it has an option of a wireless download Smile You can't go wrong knowing what is happening go down track.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

help data loggers Empty Top secret stuff - put on the special glasses

Post  Wheelie58 December 23rd 2010, 7:30 pm

BigDave65 wrote:Keith, if you don't mind, what exactly is transbrake efficiency? and how do you monitor it? Thanks

Sorry to hijack thread!

If you look at the "release event" of the brake, either mechanically or hydraulically...and examine it...way, way zoomed in on the graph, you can determine how efficient the brake is. So, when the brake "dumps" you measure the amount of time until the driveshaft moves.
I got an optional 6 or 8 magnet driveshaft trigger ring, so I can tell precisely when the driveshaft moves. With a 2 or 4 magnet pick-up, you can get some conflicting information, depending on the position of the magnet to the pickup sensor as the car is staged and the brake applied.
It just gives me more stuff to look at.
When you have a very heavy, stock front suspension car, you have to be very picky on the brake performance, running a .400 pro tree. I am continually messing with it.

I guess it is really not a full-on thread hijack...it IS still Racepak info. cyclops
Later...
Keith

Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave65 December 23rd 2010, 8:23 pm

OK Keith, Thanks a lot! Thats the kind of stuff I love learning about!
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  bird of prey December 24th 2010, 12:04 pm

300 SD is what i use. have a hard time teaching my self how to use it, but sure saves a lot of passes testing stuff. wondering did it spin or not.
bird of prey
bird of prey

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Kramer December 24th 2010, 6:35 pm

IQ3 dash logger.....

I'm running a G2X Pro (more then 70 channels) on our pulling tractor. Planning to add the IQ3 dash for next season.

Frank
Frank Kramer
Frank Kramer

http://www.seasideaffair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down