BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how much lift can i use on a dove head with out

3 posters

Go down

how much lift can i use on a dove head with out  Empty how much lift can i use on a dove head with out

Post  10SHOTS December 30th 2010, 6:32 pm

how much lift can i use on a dove head with out the retainer hitting the guides?
10SHOTS
10SHOTS

Back to top Go down

how much lift can i use on a dove head with out  Empty Re: how much lift can i use on a dove head with out

Post  schmitty December 30th 2010, 7:13 pm

You will have to take it to a qualified machinist and have him measure it for you. Too many variables to make a statement over the net. The net possible lift is only one part of the equation though, coil bind must be taken into consideration also when determining maximum posible lift. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

how much lift can i use on a dove head with out  Empty Re: how much lift can i use on a dove head with out

Post  rmcomprandy December 30th 2010, 8:45 pm

IF you are talking about a "production" retainer and an unmachined head then there is about .690" between the two; then you also have the thickness of the seal in there to consider.

The stock valve spring will coil bind just shy of about .580" lift.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

how much lift can i use on a dove head with out  Empty thanks

Post  10SHOTS December 31st 2010, 11:00 am

rmcomprandy wrote:IF you are talking about a "production" retainer and an unmachined head then there is about .690" between the two; then you also have the thickness of the seal in there to consider.

The stock valve spring will coil bind just shy of about .580" lift.

thanks thats what i was needing to know.
10SHOTS
10SHOTS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down