BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whats your guys take on running a dry sump set- up?

5 posters

Go down

whats your guys take on running a dry sump set- up? Empty whats your guys take on running a dry sump set- up?

Post  138 January 26th 2011, 12:50 pm

anyone ever stuff one in a fox body?... passenger or driver side mount? is there much to be gained over a Kasse pump and an accumulator, I already have both of those, but was considering going dry as I already have a tank and over flow as well... looking at a 4 stage peterson..thoughts?

Last edited by 138 on January 27th 2011, 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

whats your guys take on running a dry sump set- up? Empty Re: whats your guys take on running a dry sump set- up?

Post  BOSS 429 January 26th 2011, 1:30 pm

PROS;

MAKES MORE POWER, BETTTER OILING,OIL STAYS COOLER, CAR CAN SIT LOWER,LESS OIL THROWN AROUND BY CRANK,SAFER,EASY TO PRIME ENGINE,

CONS;

ADDS A LITTLE WEIGHT, TAKES UP ROOM

IN OTHER WORDS IF ALOWED BY THE RULES,ITS A WIN WIN
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

whats your guys take on running a dry sump set- up? Empty Re: whats your guys take on running a dry sump set- up?

Post  valleydawg January 26th 2011, 1:33 pm

I would like to have one on my car. I just keep finding somewhere else to spend the money.
valleydawg
valleydawg

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 26th 2011, 1:46 pm

Its Expensive for a typical bracket motor and probably not worth the $$$, but it does work alot better than a wet sump system.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

whats your guys take on running a dry sump set- up? Empty Pumped

Post  Wheelie58 January 26th 2011, 2:49 pm

The pros and cons have been covered nicely in the prior posts.
I set up my first dry sump deal about 5 years ago for the 605. I bought all of the best components that I could afford....and saved up for a long time to make it happen. The plumbing was tedious, to make it fit my stock chassis...and just the hose and fittings almost sent me to the poor farm. Still...I have no regrets.
Just set it....and forget it!
Points to consider:
the pump should have a "built in" return manifold feature, to reduce plumbing costs.
The tank should have an electric heater and a removable top for cleaning during oil changes.
The rounded-tooth HTD type drive belt has been nice.
Just things to think about.....
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down