BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENDERLE SETUP ADVISE

+4
richter69
KY JELLY
56Tbird
c-main
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ENDERLE SETUP ADVISE Empty ENDERLE SETUP ADVISE

Post  c-main February 3rd 2011, 2:45 pm

Hey i need some info on setting up a enderle bug catcher on a 460 already have the intake wieand with the two piece top and a bug enderle hat what jet size and bypass pill do i need to get started for a base line the pump size i think should be a 80a any info would be great thanks curt.
c-main
c-main

Back to top Go down

ENDERLE SETUP ADVISE Empty Re: ENDERLE SETUP ADVISE

Post  56Tbird February 3rd 2011, 3:33 pm

I've got 38 jets in mine.I'm not sure on the main bypass pill.I'm sure Randy Moore will come on here and give you a good starting point.
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 3rd 2011, 7:02 pm

I would suggest calling enderle and asking them they will get you close , but it will be a rich set up on the return pill most likely .

I would guess about 34-36 nozzles and 110 pill with an 80 a pump on a 460 cid.
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

ENDERLE SETUP ADVISE Empty ENDERLE ADVISE

Post  c-main February 4th 2011, 7:23 am

I bought this unit used and i was told it was set up for gas has a 27 jet in it now not sure about the pill will have to look have thought about running gas for awhile but it sounds like maybe i should send it in to enderle or give them a call for the right tune dont want to wreck the motor any way thanks for the info guys curt.
c-main
c-main

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 4th 2011, 7:38 pm

Mechanical injection and gasoline is a tough deal to make work, you can get away with it being off on alky due to the tuning window it has.

A used system needs to be flowed by someone who has the right equipment and and idea what they are doing to get a baseline on the thing, make sure the pump, barrel valve etc are all up to par.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Kens429 February 11th 2011, 7:45 pm

When I ran the Enderle on my 466 I used #36 injector nozzles with a 110-115 pill. I did not use a lean out. It was on regular alky. It was stupid simple, fast, and consistent.
Kens429
Kens429

Back to top Go down

ENDERLE SETUP ADVISE Empty ENDERLE SETUP

Post  c-main February 12th 2011, 7:40 am

HEY THANKS FOR THE HELP I THINK THATS WHERE IM GOING TO START WITH THIS HAS BEEN ALONG TIME COMING I JUST DONT NEED ANY HEADACHES I WANT A CAR TO BE ON THE NUMBERS ROUND AFTER ROUND THEY SAY THIS IS THE WAY TO GO NOT TO MENTION IT LOOKS COOL THANKS CURT.
c-main
c-main

Back to top Go down

Post  Kens429 February 12th 2011, 11:30 am

I would start with a 115 pill. Watch the 60fts. I was told to keep making it fatter until the 60ft. starts to drop, then back off one size. This should be the most consistent. A high speed leanout will help with the top end if its too lazy. I shifted at 6000 and went through the 1/4 around 6700, so I didn't use the leanout. I do think that there was some additional et with a leanout. Do yourself a favor, and tap the intake plenum for a vaccum leanout with a ball valve in the cockpit. This will help warm up the engine, and will keep the oil cleaner. I never used the throttle while driving around the pits...I just opened the ball valve to increase the engine speed. I also left the valve open after a run to let out the condensation from the alky. I changed the oil every 40 runs and it always looked good, no milk.
Ken
Kens429
Kens429

Back to top Go down

ENDERLE SETUP ADVISE Empty ENDERLE SETUP

Post  c-main February 13th 2011, 10:10 am

Thanks for the advise thats a good tuning tip i see you left me a pm for your parts i will give a call and see if we can work something out curt.
c-main
c-main

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 13th 2011, 10:47 am

Not trying to be disagreeable but I disagree , but if you put a valve in the intake manifold all you are doing is giving the engine more air causing the rpms to increase along with the fuel pressure and supplying more fuel even if the barrel valve does not move .

If you use the fuel shut off to do this you are limiting the amount of fuel the engine gets.

I also do not agree on the tune up , you will lose a lot of mph before you ever get rich enough to kill 60' time.
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 13th 2011, 11:17 am

The ball valve leanouts work great with carbs, not so good with injection. With injection all you have to do is lean it out with the shutoff cable.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper February 13th 2011, 1:36 pm

the question that was never asked is: you are using this with methanol correct?
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 13th 2011, 1:38 pm

never seen gas work right with mech injection lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 13th 2011, 2:21 pm

Why do you think it won't work Mr fabio Twisted Evil Big pill .140 or bigger = less % of volume change.

We got pressure , volume , and the "Fabio factor" which one is more important Laughing Laughing Laughing
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Kens429 February 13th 2011, 2:48 pm

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention that I first leaned it out with the fuel shutoff cable, then used the ballvalve to increase rpm's for driving around the pits or warming up the engine faster on those colder days. KY, you would be better to explain about tuneups than me. Your car and Richter's are much better tuned than my bracket bomber's were. My mph did drop a little when I fattened it up, but 60ft. and ET got better. There may have been a flow restriction at high rpm that explains it. I was just saying what worked for me.
Ken
Kens429
Kens429

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 13th 2011, 3:23 pm

KY JELLY wrote:Why do you think it won't work Mr fabio Twisted Evil Big pill .140 or bigger = less % of volume change.

We got pressure , volume , and the "Fabio factor" which one is more important Laughing Laughing Laughing

not talkin that Q crap, reg race gas................not saying it "cant" be done, would take a lot of work to get the curve right is all.................all injected gas setups i see are EFI, not MFI lol.

and have you made a pass with the Q tuneup or just ran it in the shop?........... Laughing

ball valve with the shutoff pulled out would work.............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 13th 2011, 3:54 pm

I was not trying to be little what you said sir. I was just explaining how I see it right or wrong.

There are things to think about when "artificially" changing an engines tuneup with methanol. I say artificially because "I" believe that is whats happening. I think you are making more torque off the line because you are increasing cylinder pressure mainly , but methanol will burn better at a richer mixture than gas will that's why it works .

If a cylinder head is not capable of producing big hp #'s and mph, being a little over rich on the big end is not going to hurt as bad.

KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 13th 2011, 4:09 pm

richter69 wrote:

not talkin that Q crap, reg race gas................not saying it "cant" be done, would take a lot of work to get the curve right is all.................all injected gas setups i see are EFI, not MFI lol.

and have you made a pass with the Q tuneup or just ran it in the shop?........... Laughing

ball valve with the shutoff pulled out would work.............

Well you know I have just ran it in the shop because I told you, all tune ups require work and testing just like my top secret p-51 tune up Smile Razz Razz
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Kens429 February 13th 2011, 4:56 pm

KY, I wasn't offended. I truely respect your opinion. I wish I had your input when we built my 563. I still think that there is more in it. You are correct about that old engine; it was a 10:1 466, flat tappet, & unported iron CJ heads. One thing that I learned with my 563, that might have helped the 466, was that you really need to provide as much voltage to the MSD as is possible. The 563 picked up .3 & 8mph in the 1/8 by installing a battery voltage step-up box. Before I only had a single Optima & no alternator. The 466 had a mini Delco style alternator. I also got to thinking, on the 466 there was #10 line feeding the pump, which may have acted like an artifical leanout.
Ken
Kens429
Kens429

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 13th 2011, 5:48 pm

Ken ,I am in no way trying to take credit with my opinion for anything . I have learned more from Lem Evans dealing with these engines than any one person and I am not afraid to say it publically.

We all can learn just from discussing issues like this because it gets us to thinking why this done that and so forth instead of just making a blanket assumption and saying my way is right just because it worked without thinking out and exploring the fact of why it worked.

KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 13th 2011, 5:51 pm

I have learned more from Lem Evans dealing with these engines than any one person and I am not afraid to say it publically.

that makes two of us.............. Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 13th 2011, 6:13 pm

richter69 wrote:
I have learned more from Lem Evans dealing with these engines than any one person and I am not afraid to say it publically.

Hey douche bag you are about 2 steps behind me , you better put them p-51's in the auction block, m-5 or q-16 injected C-460 heads are on the menu Twisted Evil I got about 39 nos assisted or blown dixie door slammer bbc's nippin at my heels had to do something . Very Happy
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Kens429 February 13th 2011, 6:21 pm

that makes two of us..............
I couldn't agree more. I also would add Charlie to that. With them, both of my engines exceeded my wildest expectations.
Ken
Kens429
Kens429

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 13th 2011, 6:45 pm

I agree with you Ken all the guys in Owensboro work together and have put some of the most powerful big block fords into the hands of average joes like myself.

KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 13th 2011, 8:52 pm

KY JELLY wrote:
richter69 wrote:

Hey douche bag you are about 2 steps behind me , you better put them p-51's in the auction block, m-5 or q-16 injected C-460 heads are on the menu Twisted Evil I got about 39 nos assisted or blown dixie door slammer bbc's nippin at my heels had to do something . Very Happy

It's not my fault your knife ain't big enough.....................besides I thought the P51 deal was a "bracket" motor??????? Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next