BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENDERLE SETUP ADVISE

+4
richter69
KY JELLY
56Tbird
c-main
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ENDERLE SETUP ADVISE - Page 2 Empty ENDERLE SETUP

Post  c-main February 14th 2011, 9:54 am

Hey guys didnt want to start a war but you all have very good points to think about what works for one may not for another drag racing is like shooting pool no one game is the same it takes time and patience if you what to be good at it curt.
c-main
c-main

Back to top Go down

ENDERLE SETUP ADVISE - Page 2 Empty Re: ENDERLE SETUP ADVISE

Post  KY JELLY February 14th 2011, 10:16 am

you did not start a war , Fabio and I just aggravate each other a little bit and when the opportunity presents itself we do Laughing

Hey Fabio they are "bracket engines" until they go faster than 4.50 1/ mile Twisted Evil
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  birdracer February 15th 2011, 11:53 am

hey KY,a question if I could...how did you determine where to start with your hi speed,?do you use a poppet style or kinsler ?have thought about a electronic solenoid type one might be cool..thanks Brian

birdracer

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 15th 2011, 12:52 pm

Me and the KY are cool, we share some common ideas and some disagreements.................one thing for sure we both have badass alky injected P51 motors................... cheers
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 15th 2011, 6:46 pm

I bought a kinsler adjustable lean out, its mechanical and what they suggested because its a smoother and not as abrupt as electronic. I like it better than the poppet style because you do not have to keep up with the shims and springs it just has an adjusting bolt like a regulator.

Kinsler advised to open it at 35 psi from a phone conversation (not actually flowing my fuel system) so it was just a guess and that is where I started using a .050 , .060 , and .070 pill. I tried different pressures in that area and just did not find many gains except from 1000' out.

I finally just checked the pressure at certain rpms and found that I had around 65 psi at 6000 rpm so I called enderle and they suggested starting opening it around 52 psi (deciding just from my fuel system not flowing). I basically spent the better part of about 6 months trying different pressures and pills sizes until I found the best set up so far, open at 46-48 psi and .060 pill.

We were always paying attention to the time slips ,looking at plugs watching the egt's , and when Travis Rice loaned me his vac pump keeping up with how much fuel was pulled out of the vacuum system.

That's what you have got to do , don't just trust one of those things because it takes an egt probe a set amount of time to react and we are only talking about a 5 second pass, weather can change , etc.

A friend of mine uses and likes the electric lean out , I personally have not used one , but can see where it might add a little bit of zip in low gear , just use it with an rpm activated switch and turn it off in high gear with a switch on the shifter.

KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 15th 2011, 7:59 pm

Randy,I can see why you are at the top of your game Shocked You are a tuning fanatic,and it shows in your cars ET's. You are the man Wink

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2