BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROCKER ARM QUESTION

4 posters

Go down

ROCKER ARM QUESTION Empty ROCKER ARM QUESTION

Post  dr's wife racing February 11th 2011, 12:43 pm

Does any one know how much changing from a Harland sharp rocker arm to a to a trick flow rocker arm will effect push rod length.My pattern is ok but rolls over center just a tic more than I would like. shorter push rods would be a problem due to guide plate interference lash caps are not a optoin because of type of keepers.I had a similar problem in the past and changed to trick flows it fixed the problem but I can't rember how much it changed the push rod length. It will run as is,but I was thinking that if it would help I would order a set of trick flows and use the harland sharps on a back up motor.Thanks for your help Ward Question
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

ROCKER ARM QUESTION Empty Re: ROCKER ARM QUESTION

Post  69bluehotrod February 11th 2011, 1:16 pm

Ward, if your planning to buy rockers you should take a hard look at these (www.mid-lift.com) I bought a set, one of the best rockers I've ever seen! & the tech info opend my eyes to all the geometry questions you are talking about. hope this helps.

Terry
69bluehotrod
69bluehotrod
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://rainbowvacuumsalesservice.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 11th 2011, 3:08 pm

The wipe pattern location is almost immaterial as long as it is not near the edge of the valve tip. Concern yourself with the rest of the geometry.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans February 12th 2011, 12:02 am

What Randy is saying,,,,,, and it was his subject matter (as guest speaker at our 2008 Winter Tech Seminar at the Executive Inn in Owensboro, KY), that the intersection angle of the pushrod to rocker arm cup needs to be looked at long and hard. There ain't no roller there. Basically I suggest you follow his advice.

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing February 14th 2011, 12:51 pm

spent the week end reading and tweaking things,thanks for the advice it cleared up what I was asking Ward
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down