BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need seat ideas for the truck....don't like the one I have..

+2
bruno
David Willingham
6 posters

Go down

Need seat ideas for the truck....don't like the one I have.. Empty Need seat ideas for the truck....don't like the one I have..

Post  David Willingham February 11th 2011, 5:42 pm

I have a Kirkey 10* Nascar truck seat. I bought this because I didn't have any footroom. Now that I have a footbox and can stretch out, I want the seat to lean back more and have support on my sides and shoulders. I thought about the carbon fiber promod seat with the ISP pour-in deal, but that's $1,000+. What other options do I have? Dave, any ideas?
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Need seat ideas for the truck....don't like the one I have.. Empty Re: Need seat ideas for the truck....don't like the one I have..

Post  bruno February 11th 2011, 7:55 pm

the isp is sweet Shocked
http://ispseats.com/id101.html

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Need seat ideas for the truck....don't like the one I have.. Empty Re: Need seat ideas for the truck....don't like the one I have..

Post  DILLIGASDAVE February 11th 2011, 8:26 pm

One thing I would look at before doing anything is check your field of vision out the windshield with a new leaned back more/stretched out more/possibly lower seating position since full size trucks do have such a tall firewall.

If you don't like the boxy Kirkey style seats & are looking for a more "cradle" like dragster style seat I guess your only choices are either fabbing one out of sheet aluminum (or 'glass and/or carbon), or buying a pre made one out of 'glass or carbon fiber. A.R.T. has a dirt cheap generic 'glass dragster seat, and a 'glass door car/roadster "Pro Stock" seat for a few bucks more.

While it wouldn't be flame retardant, it would still be interesting to see how well some generic expanding foam would work as a low-buck pour-in seat foam filler to "snug up" a generic store bought dragster seat.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf February 11th 2011, 8:35 pm

Kirkey makes different seats with widths and laybacks have you looked to see if they have more layback? I see on their site they have 18 and 20* laybacks available. I have a Kirkey and like it so I can;t suggest anything else that is lightweight.

http://www.kirkeyracing.com/index.php?link=browse&code=Series
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham February 18th 2011, 12:00 pm

Thinking about the Kirkey Pro Drag 18* in a 17" wide deal.
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  David Cole February 18th 2011, 10:53 pm

David Willingham wrote:Thinking about the Kirkey Pro Drag 18* in a 17" wide deal.

That's what I have in my car (just the 20" model). Very comfortable. Natural driving position. You are welcome to drive over and check it out anytime.
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Post  jmayabb March 29th 2011, 11:18 am

I still have free shipping on the Kirkey Pro Street seats. I have the 18" in my car and I really like it.

Need seat ideas for the truck....don't like the one I have.. Newcar56
jmayabb
jmayabb

http://www.joesraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham March 29th 2011, 6:18 pm

Well, I just murdified the one I had, lol. I sliced it on each side and leaned it back until it felt comfortable and contacted my backside and back all the way up. When I put my helment on, it hit the back of the seat before my shoulders did, so we bent it around some more until everything felt right. I'll post some pics soon.
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down