BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really feeling bad, have to vent

+9
DanH
jmayabb
dfree383
ThndrChkn
bbf-falcon
61coon
f250mike
Frank Merkl
Mike R
13 posters

Go down

Really feeling bad, have to vent Empty Really feeling bad, have to vent

Post  Mike R February 14th 2011, 8:11 pm

My Dad is 73 and in pretty bad health. He has diabetes that has caused bad circulation and his legs and feet are in bad shape. He needs his left knee replaced but they can't do it because of his legs, they're afraid they'll have to amputate it, so he can't get around very well. He suffers from vascular dementia and has had a bunch of mini strokes, this has effected his memory and thinking. On Christmas he fell and broke his arm, because of his balance and leg problems he had to go to a nursing home until he was able to get around on his own. The insurance ran out so they sent him home Friday night but he's not supposed to be left alone. My Mom is taking him to the salvation Army tomorrow to see if he qualifies for adult day care. If he does , it'll cost her $330 a week to take him there while she goes to work. My Mom is 74 and still working full time so they have insurance. This whole deal sucks and I don't know what to do or how to help them.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Really feeling bad, have to vent Empty Re: Really feeling bad, have to vent

Post  Frank Merkl February 14th 2011, 8:33 pm

Hell just getting old sucks!!
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike February 14th 2011, 8:57 pm

If your dad served in the military you might try the VA.
My dad is using the VA for all his medical care.
I'm not sure what other kinds of help is out there for your dad but don't give up.

Hope things work out for you and your family
mike
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon February 14th 2011, 9:09 pm

Diabetes is a bad deal all the way around.My father-in-law has diabetes and he is still constantly monitoring it.Sorry your dad is going through a tough spell Mike.The whole insurance deal is so screwed up it's crazy.I hate that your mom still has to work for that reason too.Only advice I can give,is if you are the praying type,the good Lord is always there.Hope things get better for you man.---RED
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 14th 2011, 10:24 pm

I hate too hear elderly family's having problems like this.Really pisses me off,because we all know they deserve better.Your mom shouldn't have to work at her age to pay for medical ins. I could go on/on. Evil or Very Mad
And X2 what Red said Sad

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn February 15th 2011, 11:36 am

61coon wrote: I hate that your mom still has to work for that reason too. Only advice I can give,is if you are the praying type, the good Lord is always there. Hope things get better for you man.---RED

X2. The whole system sucks anymore. At their ages, your parents should be enjoying life, and sittin' on the porch reflecting back on the things they did to get to where they are now. Not fighting the system. I will pray for you and your family.

Good luck Mike,

Last edited by ThndrChkn on February 15th 2011, 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 15th 2011, 12:00 pm

Have you tried Medicare or Welfare?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jmayabb February 15th 2011, 12:01 pm

What is really bad about this is that if your mom or dad never did work in their life and always depended on handouts from the government he would be getting the best treatment for free. He really needs insurance and some sorry low life 20 year old deadbeat that won't strike a lick at a snake is setting back getting everything for free because his family has done it for years.

I just don't understand some things.
jmayabb
jmayabb

http://www.joesraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH February 15th 2011, 6:03 pm

jmayabb wrote:What is really bad about this is that if your mom or dad never did work in their life and always depended on handouts from the government he would be getting the best treatment for free. He really needs insurance and some sorry low life 20 year old deadbeat that won't strike a lick at a snake is setting back getting everything for free because his family has done it for years.

thats the problem , gov. handing out money to those that take it and play . nothing stopping them F'rs for working but the easy road > cashing checks from the gov. and playing takes up their time .

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R February 15th 2011, 8:30 pm

jmayabb wrote:What is really bad about this is that if your mom or dad never did work in their life and always depended on handouts from the government he would be getting the best treatment for free. He really needs insurance and some sorry low life 20 year old deadbeat that won't strike a lick at a snake is setting back getting everything for free because his family has done it for years.

Exactly. My dad was self employed his entire life, provided well for us. My mom has worked for the Water Dept. for at least 25 years. They still live in the same house I grew up in and have a small lake place, they're not rich by any definition, they just have what they worked their whole lives to get. My biggest fear is that my dads health issues will bankrupt them and they will loose everything.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller February 16th 2011, 12:36 am

X2,I have a good friend that just went through a Stem Cell transplant and had to go through all kinds of bullshit to get help.He's self employed didn't have health insurance and had to fight to get any help and mentioned to the one lady about the people that get free hand outs and she agreed 100% with him.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  the1969fordguyinky February 16th 2011, 11:11 am

Try the United Way. They tend to operate in larger cities and their metro areas. I have been donating thru work to them for years and never used it. They offer tons of services and partner with like groups to provide hospice services.
the1969fordguyinky
the1969fordguyinky

Back to top Go down

Post  Carl February 16th 2011, 11:54 am

Sorry to hear Mike. Stay strong.

Carl

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 16th 2011, 1:58 pm

You can even get in touch with the V.F.W., whether he is a member or not they will help.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R February 16th 2011, 8:46 pm

Thanks for all the thoughts and kind words guys. The Salvation Army accepted him for their senior day care program. He's been there twice and says he likes it, at least he's out of the house now. My big concern now is my Mom, she's a diabetic also and has had more and more episodes of low blood sugar. I called there last night and she was goofier than a bed bug so I had to drive over and get her straightened out. What I'm afraid will happen is, she will crash and no one but my Dad will be there and he'll be asleep or won't be able to help her. Man, getting old sucks. It's funny and sad at the same time, my Dad is 73 and looks 93 and my Grandpa (Mom's Dad) is 96 and looks 70. He's still all there and driving himself and his new wife around. I sure hope I take after him.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down