BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking to get licensed at the Bash.

+14
Curt
BOSS 429
bruno
powerstrokeace
Wheelie58
cool40
c.evans
IDT-572
61coon
richter69
bbf-falcon
stangr8cr
56Tbird
jbozzelle
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Looking to get licensed at the Bash. - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking to get licensed at the Bash.

Post  richter69 February 16th 2011, 11:41 am

I made all my partial passes in one day, made the full runs on another (had to get the cage cert). After the runs were made just had the drivers and track personel sign off. No blindfold or cockpit tests. Depends on the track.

An all dragster class sounds boring to watch..................lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Looking to get licensed at the Bash. - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking to get licensed at the Bash.

Post  dfree383 February 16th 2011, 11:59 am

richter69 wrote:I made all my partial passes in one day, made the full runs on another (had to get the cage cert). After the runs were made just had the drivers and track personel sign off. No blindfold or cockpit tests. Depends on the track.

An all dragster class sounds boring to watch..................lol.

You won't be their anyway....... Razz Razz
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 16th 2011, 12:01 pm

I doubt it...................... Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 February 16th 2011, 12:07 pm

richter69 wrote:I doubt it...................... Very Happy

Hell, if a HeRo cant make the bash, their won't be any mere mortals show up at all................. Sad Sad Rolling Eyes

This makes me doubt your HeRo status..................... Evil or Very Mad
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 16th 2011, 12:14 pm

get your car ready and dont worry about the HeRo................... cheers
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans February 16th 2011, 12:23 pm

Curt wrote:
c.evans wrote:I was telling Phillip the other day that we could have a Quick 16 Show and it would be nothing but BB Ford powered dragsters. I'd love for Curt Rickerson (Texas) and Robert Snowball (Florida) to come into town and play.

Uncle Charlie

Charlie, I would love to be there for that. That would be probably the absolute best reason for the money we spend cheers . I can't imagine how much interest that could draw watching all BBF dragsters shooting it out for the Q16, in a quick class that would be competitive anywhere in the country. Cool My work will dictate if I can make it or not. Tornado andHail season is just right around the corner.
Looking to get licensed at the Bash. - Page 2 1lg140tornado2

I am going to head that way today. I have an appointment wit JBB to set the motor inside the rails on Friday morning. Hope I can hook up with everyone while I am there( you , Lem, Phillip). I wont have a ride so if you want me to buy supper, you'll have to come get me!

You better count on hooking up with Uncle Charlie then, because some people are heading to Florida. Something about some racing going on down there. Very Happy I'll have some wheels for you to drive while you're in town.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans February 16th 2011, 12:28 pm

powerstrokeace wrote:
jbozzelle wrote:Can a door car license holder sign for a dragster license? If so I should be able to get that done locally. If not it'll wait till the Bash since I do not know of any dragster guys local to me

You need 2 peolpe of equal or greater licence to sing off on yours. So if some one has a super gas license they can't do it. and yes you need to have your physical first before you test and then you will make 6 passes with 3 one day and 3 the next. and a blind fold test in the cock pit as well.

ace

John,

What Ace said, takes you back to my answer. All of those dragster drivers that I listed are licensed and faster than what you are going to be. It should be no problem, just get with Phillip.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 16th 2011, 12:35 pm

Thanks Charlie. I'll get with Phillip. Looks like it'll be 2 of us getting licensed in my dragster. My brother and I. I'm really looking to get him to drive so I can just tune on it. At some point I'll have my own door car to drive so we'll need to be able to cover the spread...

I'm calling Curt today about a glide so we should be able to get this thing on the track sometime next month to get some seat time before licensing.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt February 16th 2011, 12:36 pm

You better count on hooking up with Uncle Charlie then, because some people are heading to Florida. Something about some racing going on down there. I'll have some wheels for you to drive while you're in town.

Charlie.

Hey that sounds like a deal! cheers I'll park at the Walmart on Frederica when I get there. If the boys haven't left yet, I'll be there on Thursday late afternoon. sunny
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 16th 2011, 12:52 pm

c.evans wrote:
jbozzelle wrote:Guys,

What's the NHRA req for a license signoff? Is it still 3 license holders need to sign? I'm looking to have enough seat time in the piperack by the Bash that I could possibly get signed off for my license.

Ahhhh,,,,,,there will be a boat load of NHRA Div 3 dragster drivers there that can sign off for you. From track operator Phillip Oakley, to Krisse Lawyer, to Cheyenne Stanley, to Larry Conolty, to Scott Carman, to Bobby Small, to Bobby Shrewsberry (who won Super Pro last year at the Bash) and the list goes on. They race in the Top Dragster and Jeg's Super Quick Series. It will be no problem. You just make sure you get enough seat time before hand to "look good"!

I was telling Phillip the other day that we could have a Quick 16 Show and it would be nothing but BB Ford powered dragsters. I'd love for Curt Rickerson (Texas) and Robert Snowball (Florida) to come into town and play.

Uncle Charlie
Maybe you should think about having 2 Bashes ..1 for Dragsters and 1 for doorslammers? They're having a Doorslammer only event at I-57 this year. I'm gonna do my best to make that race,payout of $7000 to win.You guys want to see a ton of Dragsters ,you need to go to the Tenn-Tuck or the Million.They're everywhere there and they pay out killer money.The best bracket racing in the world!!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt February 16th 2011, 12:56 pm

56Tbird wrote:Maybe you should think about having 2 Bashes ..1 for Dragsters and 1 for doorslammers? They're having a Doorslammer only event at I-57 this year. I'm gonna do my best to make that race,payout of $7000 to win.You guys want to see a ton of Dragsters ,you need to go to the Tenn-Tuck or the Million.They're everywhere there and they pay out killer money.The best bracket racing in the world!!

But, it wouldn't be a BBF dragster best bracket racing in the world. bom
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea February 16th 2011, 1:02 pm

56Tbird wrote:I don't think you'll wanna try the blindfold in the cockpit around this bunch...It could get a little weird? affraid king

*looks around for Chuck*
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn February 16th 2011, 1:29 pm

When I did my license passes, I did all of my runs the same day. But, like was stated, depending on the track & it's personel; all I had to do was the runs, and no blindfold test. Plus what was cool, is at the altitude of my tracks, the NHRA gives them an altitude correction. So for my truck to be certed for 6.40/8.50, I just had to run a corrected time for whatever elevation I was at. Which I was running 6.50's at an avg. of 8000' DA at the time. And in the same heat at sea level I ran 6.17. So I was fairly happy. Very Happy I think if you do yours at the Bash, there'll be no problems finding someone to sign off on your card.

One of these days, I'll hopefully make it to the Bash with the 'ol Banana.
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 16th 2011, 2:05 pm

IDT-572 wrote:
richter69 wrote:I doubt it...................... Very Happy

Hell, if a HeRo cant make the bash, their won't be any mere mortals show up at all................. Sad Sad Rolling Eyes

This makes me doubt your HeRo status..................... Evil or Very Mad

You just now getting there huh, Jon will be there tho, he wants to tune my car.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 16th 2011, 2:08 pm

it better have a barrel valve on it Harold lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 16th 2011, 2:11 pm

richter69 wrote:it better have a barrel valve on it Harold lol.

We don't care what kind of valve you put on it, you need to have someone make you some decals with a guy wearing a cape, and a mask, saying tuned by then the picture.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 16th 2011, 2:51 pm

Fabio, mine will have a barrell valve on it. you can help me tune it ,so you'll feel right at home!!I'm sure I can use your help cheers king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 February 16th 2011, 3:06 pm

56Tbird wrote:Fabio, mine will have a barrell valve on it. you can help me tune it ,so you'll feel right at home!!I'm sure I can use your help cheers king

He won't show, He's a caper crusader, feathers on his legs.................. Razz
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno February 16th 2011, 6:39 pm

DRAGSTERS VS DOOR CARS ......

just like they(NHRA) did the no bull shootout ...funny cars vs dragsters heads up, pro tree , the fastest dragster and the fastest full bodied door car should be a .8 - 1. diff handicap for the cars

just a thought ........ but i dont get paid to think Laughing

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 February 16th 2011, 6:46 pm

bruno wrote:DRAGSTERS VS DOOR CARS ......

just like they(NHRA) did the no bull shootout ...funny cars vs dragsters heads up, pro tree , the fastest dragster and the fastest full bodied door car should be a .8 - 1. diff handicap for the cars

just a thought ........ but i dont get paid to think Laughing

You may not get paid , but your still doing better than our resident HeRo I mean NoShOw.................... Razz Razz Razz
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 16th 2011, 7:42 pm

"If" and its a big "If" I do show..............the snakemobile is the first on the list............... Razz

At least with the Snake there wont be any excuses ........................ cheers
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2