BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help with a pos chevy

+2
IDT-572
Bigshank
6 posters

Go down

help with a pos chevy Empty help with a pos chevy

Post  Bigshank February 21st 2011, 6:30 pm

I have a 93 chevy suburban w/ 350 tbi injection. It will idle great when i pull into gear it acts like it has a miss in it, will stay running for about 5 to 10 mins.Then it dies and will not restart but smell flooded bad when i try to start it . I have changed map sensor w/new, and the tbi was switched out w/ diffrent one and full up tune plugs,wires, cap and rotor ,check all vac system still the same. PLEASE any ideas would greatly helped Mad
Bigshank
Bigshank

Back to top Go down

help with a pos chevy Empty Re: help with a pos chevy

Post  IDT-572 February 21st 2011, 6:35 pm

Bigshank wrote:I have a 93 chevy suburban w/ 350 tbi injection. It will idle great when i pull into gear it acts like it has a miss in it, will stay running for about 5 to 10 mins.Then it dies and will not restart but smell flooded bad when i try to start it . I have changed map sensor w/new, and the tbi was switched out w/ diffrent one and full up tune plugs,wires, cap and rotor ,check all vac system still the same. PLEASE any ideas would greatly helped Mad

You got insurance ? If yes, put a match to it................... and buy a ford Twisted Evil
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 21st 2011, 6:36 pm

Mark,have you done a fuel pressure check and possibly a fuel filter change. Fuel issues can do strange things.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick February 21st 2011, 6:49 pm

Sounds like O2 sensor trouble to me.....Had a GD Buick with TBI that acted just like that.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH February 21st 2011, 8:08 pm

puy a timing light on it . if timing all over the place , pickup in dist is bad . or the dist shaft weld broke

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick February 22nd 2011, 10:03 am

maverick wrote:Sounds like O2 sensor trouble to me.....Had a GD Buick with TBI that acted just like that.

After I changed out the O2 sensor, it had to run for a couple minutes before it straightened out, so don't be fooled.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power February 22nd 2011, 5:20 pm

Just curios, does this engine have an altitude sensor Question My buddies truck was running rich and was acting funny and I changed the vacuum lines up (helped because they weren't in the right spots), did the 02 sensor (did a little), changed the idle sensor or something like that (helped a little). Then he was at his girlfriends house, and it started doing the same thing as what you said and he had to leave it there for a couple days. Anyway, he ended up changing this altitude sensor on it and it runs great now. Who'd a thought it was that??? Not sure where its located...But it couldn't hurt to give it a shot if yours has one Smile
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigshank March 1st 2011, 8:03 pm

Dan H is the winner. Needed a distributor and coil, Dan thanks again for helping me out. cheers
Bigshank
Bigshank

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 2nd 2011, 9:31 am

Glad you finally got it Mark,I know you have been fightin that thang for awhile Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down