BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for you Ford dealer mechanics...

+6
D. Sea
dfree383
richter69
Ranger50
maverick
QtrWarriorLady
10 posters

Go down

Question for you Ford dealer mechanics... Empty Question for you Ford dealer mechanics...

Post  QtrWarriorLady March 2nd 2011, 10:08 pm

Question for you guys.....background info first..

I have a 2010 Ford F-150 STX with the 4.6 3 valve motor. It has the 6 speed auto-trans.....

concern that I have....

while driving on I-40 through NM today, I know I was gaining altitude, many hills, etc.... I had the cruise set at about 83-84 MPH, at about 2100 RPM.., while loosing momentum uphill, when the cruise control would compensate for it, if it was a minor loss in speed, it would shift and tach would hit anywhere from 2600-2900 RPM, nice smooth shift.... If it had to compensate for a steeper hill, it would shift and tach would hit about 3500 RPM and shift really friggin hard. I thought the rear was about to come out from under it..is this normal? should it shift that hard? truck now has all of 6700 miles on it and will get it's first service when I get to California, should I be concerned and ask them to check it out?
QtrWarriorLady
QtrWarriorLady

Back to top Go down

Question for you Ford dealer mechanics... Empty Re: Question for you Ford dealer mechanics...

Post  maverick March 2nd 2011, 10:11 pm

Cruise control on steep hills? Shocked I wouldn't.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Question for you Ford dealer mechanics... Empty Re: Question for you Ford dealer mechanics...

Post  Ranger50 March 2nd 2011, 10:43 pm

Sounds somewhat normal to me, given the electronics is telling the fluid where to go and by how much instead of the valve body deciding where the fluid is to go.

Brian
Ranger50
Ranger50

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 2nd 2011, 11:13 pm

The shift strategy sucks in those things, I got one here at the shop thats been into twice and now is getting a whole new unit per the FSE.............I'll bet money it does the same damn thing..........which is fine the guy can take it back to his selling dealer and try to get it bought back.

Now this guy is being a little too picky IMO, but it is what it is. That transmission has no bands or one way clutches in it...so its all clutch packs and press solenoids............ lots of timing issues..............it wouldnt hurt to get it looked at but I doubt there is much they can do........maybe reprogram the pcm and reset the tcm adaptive strategy.

Pain in my ass................
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarriorLady March 2nd 2011, 11:45 pm

richter69 wrote:The shift strategy sucks in those things, I got one here at the shop thats been into twice and now is getting a whole new unit per the FSE.............I'll bet money it does the same damn thing..........which is fine the guy can take it back to his selling dealer and try to get it bought back.

Now this guy is being a little too picky IMO, but it is what it is. That transmission has no bands or one way clutches in it...so its all clutch packs and press solenoids............ lots of timing issues..............it wouldnt hurt to get it looked at but I doubt there is much they can do........maybe reprogram the pcm and reset the tcm adaptive strategy.

Pain in my ass................

Thank you. I will have it looked at when I get back to Georgia then. I'd hate for them to tear into it when I am in California and it's my only ride.

QtrWarriorLady
QtrWarriorLady

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 3rd 2011, 8:26 am

Maybe try a Programer?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarriorLady March 3rd 2011, 8:58 am

dfree383 wrote:Maybe try a Programer?

Okay...tell Mike for me then. I already have the Magnaflow cat-backs and cold air kit on the way. I figured I'd be pushing my luck if I said I wanted a programmer, too Very Happy
QtrWarriorLady
QtrWarriorLady

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 3rd 2011, 9:40 am

Dear Mikey....... Zoro needs a Programer..... Laughing Laughing Your Friend Dave.......
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea March 3rd 2011, 1:06 pm

dfree383 wrote:Dear Mikey....... Zoro needs a Programer..... Laughing Laughing Your Friend Dave.......
lol!
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarriorLady March 3rd 2011, 9:35 pm

Dave & Damon...Y'all ain't right!!

Well, the Wicked Witch of the East has parked her broom in Somis, California and has transformed into the Good witch of the West.
QtrWarriorLady
QtrWarriorLady

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans March 3rd 2011, 10:09 pm

About that "witch" part??????? Laughing

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno March 3rd 2011, 10:17 pm

QtrWarriorLady wrote:

Okay...tell Mike for me then. I already have the Magnaflow cat-backs and cold air kit on the way. I figured I'd be pushing my luck if I said I wanted a programmer, too Very Happy

can ship out in the morning Wink

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior March 4th 2011, 6:14 am

dfree383 wrote:Dear Mikey....... Zoro needs a Programer..... Laughing Laughing Your Friend Dave.......

LOL...you guys just ain't right..

You guys have met Dee. Do you think I would DARE call her Zoro..and live to tell about it ????
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 4th 2011, 8:10 am

QtrWarrior wrote:

You guys have met Dee. Do you think I would DARE call her Zoro..and live to tell about it ????

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 4th 2011, 8:10 am

QtrWarriorLady wrote:Dave & Damon...Y'all ain't right!!

Well, the Wicked Witch of the East has parked her broom in Somis, California and has transformed into the Good witch of the West.

Love ya !!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing The Dog says Woof !!!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarriorLady March 4th 2011, 4:47 pm

bruno wrote:
QtrWarriorLady wrote:

can ship out in the morning Wink

Bruno, if ya sweet talk him, I can pick it up when i drivr back East Twisted Evil
QtrWarriorLady
QtrWarriorLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn March 4th 2011, 5:11 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:

My guess is, you would be picking yourself up off of the floor in about 2 seconds. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn March 4th 2011, 5:12 pm

c.evans wrote:About that "witch" part??????? Laughing

Uncle Charlie

Charlie, it's not "witch" it's "wench"! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarriorLady March 5th 2011, 6:46 am

Doug Rahn wrote:

Uncle Charlie

Charlie, it's not "witch" it's "wench"! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Doug, you'll pay for that! Twisted Evil
QtrWarriorLady
QtrWarriorLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn March 5th 2011, 7:10 am

QtrWarriorLady wrote:
Doug Rahn wrote:

Uncle Charlie

Doug, you'll pay for that! Twisted Evil

affraid Uh Oh! "Help Cecil Help".
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down