BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best chute

+3
richter69
BigDave65
cool40
7 posters

Go down

best chute Empty best chute

Post  cool40 March 27th 2011, 8:26 pm

i have thought about how bad it would suck to wish i had one and dont so help a brother out! all i have is the mount for the back of the car so all ideas welcome.also thought a spring launcher would be best cuz i have no air toys in the car.thanks Very Happy study
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

best chute Empty Re: best chute

Post  BigDave65 March 27th 2011, 8:55 pm

My chute pack bolts to a square frame made from 1/4" tubing that bolts to the steel structure just behind the 'glass decklid. I have seen an aluminum box bolted to the rear panel with the pack attached to it. The pack doesn't have a lot of stress on it. You just need something to fasten it to. Angle it up so the pilot catches air if you don't use some kind of launcher. If you are just putting one on for safety purposes I thing a regular spring type would be just fine.

I could take a pic if you want.
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 March 27th 2011, 9:08 pm

BigDave65 wrote:My chute pack bolts to a square frame made from 1/4" tubing that bolts to the steel structure just behind the 'glass decklid. I have seen an aluminum box bolted to the rear panel with the pack attached to it. The pack doesn't have a lot of stress on it. You just need something to fasten it to. Angle it up so the pilot catches air if you don't use some kind of launcher. If you are just putting one on for safety purposes I thing a regular spring type would be just fine.

I could take a pic if you want.
thanks,i'd hate to be any trouble for a pic.i have a mount from somewhere,rj racecars i think.i gotta mount it and the hole where the gas cap was looks like a good place.i have never had one,packed one,been very close to one,so i dont realy even know what all i need for this.i'm sure more $$$ than i was plannen on. Laughing thanks
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 27th 2011, 9:23 pm

Stroud...........hits nice and soft, not too bad to pack, much easier with 2 people. I just bent a 1 5/8" tube and welded it to the main mount.
i
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 March 27th 2011, 9:27 pm

richter69 wrote:Stroud...........hits nice and soft, not too bad to pack, much easier with 2 people. I just bent a 1 5/8" tube and welded it to the main mount.
i
what kinda launcher?
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 27th 2011, 9:31 pm

mine just uses the pilot chute deal.............has a big pita spring on it, thats where the extra hands come in nice.

pic sucks but you get the idea...............my pos has the rear panel bent in some and there was enough room for the tube to go in between it and the bumper lol.

best chute TV10-17-09-7

this was the prostock model, largest one they sell, my junk is heavy lol
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Williams March 27th 2011, 9:34 pm

I could take a pic if you want.[/quote] thanks,i'd hate to be any trouble for a pic.i have a mount from somewhere,rj racecars i think.i gotta mount it and the hole where the gas cap was looks like a good place.i have never had one,packed one,been very close to one,so i dont realy even know what all i need for this.i'm sure more $$$ than i was plannen on. Laughing thanks[/quote]

utube has a few videos on how to pack a chute.
Larry Williams
Larry Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 27th 2011, 9:37 pm

go with stroud. high quality. we run the same setup as Jon. he can probably pack it by himself but he watched my ass do it one night and I can't. lol!

just kidding. it can be packed by one person. not that hard with practice. the spring is the biggest pain.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave65 March 27th 2011, 9:47 pm

The Stroud is nice. I can pack it by myself and it's not terribly difficult. I keep the instruction book handy Very Happy
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans March 27th 2011, 9:51 pm

I like this hot pink one,
https://www.youtube.com/lawyermotorsports#p/u/5/uvJ3wlLjWLc

Very Happy
Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 March 27th 2011, 9:54 pm

stroud it is! i watched the video on r/j's site and he made it look easy.does it all come together in one pack/bag?i know i'll need the cable setup,just did'nt know about the d-bag,chute,pilot chute,launcher bs.thanks guys Very Happy
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 March 27th 2011, 9:55 pm

c.evans wrote:I like this hot pink one,
https://www.youtube.com/lawyermotorsports#p/u/5/uvJ3wlLjWLc

Very Happy
Uncle Charlie
that's some big panties charlie!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans March 27th 2011, 10:00 pm

That was at Crossroads Dragway, (formally Action Dragway) which has one of the shortest shutdown areas of any track I know of. She always pulls her chute there at the first mph cone, and then hard on the brakes.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 March 27th 2011, 10:05 pm

looks like a super gas would work for me.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 March 27th 2011, 10:11 pm

ok,so the pilot has the spring in it?does it work instead of a spring or air launcher?
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 27th 2011, 10:39 pm

just fold the laundry and stuff it in the bag, then press the spring in and fold the flaps over and stick the cable in.

damn, I just read that again and it kinda sounds gross. lol!

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 March 27th 2011, 10:48 pm

whatbumper wrote:just fold the laundry and stuff it in the bag, then press the spring in and fold the flaps over and stick the cable in.

damn, I just read that again and it kinda sounds gross. lol!
hay,i can understand it so it works for me.lol
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE March 28th 2011, 5:11 am

Yea, Stroud all the way.

As mentioned they are soft opening & damn easy to repack. If you're planning to use the 'chute every pass, then spending the extra money for a spring launcher or c02 launcher is something to think about. But if the 'chute is only going to see limited use for emergencys, then the pilot 'chute/spring assembly it comes with could be good enough.

Mount the 'chute pack it's self as far above the wheelie bars as possible & pointed up a number of degrees away from the bars & into the air stream (instead of straight back). This will help reduce the chance it might get tangled in the bars, and increase it's exposure to the air moving over the top of the car & off the trailing edge of the trunk lid/deck wing.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 March 28th 2011, 7:09 pm

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:Yea, Stroud all the way.

As mentioned they are soft opening & damn easy to repack. If you're planning to use the 'chute every pass, then spending the extra money for a spring launcher or c02 launcher is something to think about. But if the 'chute is only going to see limited use for emergencys, then the pilot 'chute/spring assembly it comes with could be good enough.

Mount the 'chute pack it's self as far above the wheelie bars as possible & pointed up a number of degrees away from the bars & into the air stream (instead of straight back). This will help reduce the chance it might get tangled in the bars, and increase it's exposure to the air moving over the top of the car & off the trailing edge of the trunk lid/deck wing.
i plan to have it for emergency use or some short shutdown tracks maybe.i'm hope to need it more when the new motor goes in. Very Happy i read that it should be mounted at 45*and NOT under the wing,but i dont have a wing anyway.i would'nt mind having a wing,just have'nt had a need for one and the body style dont realy have a very good line for it.thanks Dave.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 28th 2011, 7:14 pm

I dont need it at TV but if we ever go back to Lawton its a must.........damn near burn the brakes off when it ran 120..............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 March 28th 2011, 7:59 pm

where i run 99%of the time,us43,the shutdown it great.i dont have any trouble i just think about the pine trees at the end. Shocked some of the pig trail places i have ran years ago, when 6.80's on a 600' track was haulen ass ,i'd hate to run without a chute now.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down