BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

delete post

+16
John Myrick
'65 T-BOLT
richter69
dr's wife racing
69F100
dfree383
429 Powered 84
Lonewolf1970
plowboy34
342g
Mike R
bbf-falcon
cool40
res0rli9
Dave Maxwell
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

delete post Empty delete post

Post  Dave Maxwell March 28th 2011, 8:53 am

will be getting price together for my engine. I give up on getting anything done. It is at jet boat bobs now, just can't get the money together to finish it all soon enough and am tired of waiting. It is an A460 block 2.35 intake a460 heads and newer style single dom intake. Port matched and bowl blend by Charlie. Scat 4.5 forged crank. Diamond pistons. Pump gas deal. Rods are eagle I think. All parts are from Lem. Block has had basic machining done. Decking and such. Still needs the rest done. Ring package came from diamond also. It is a 588 cube deal. Will get a package price together soon and maybe separate. Just wsnted to give a heads up. Hope someone enjoys it. Like most, this dream will stay just that a dream. Will probably be selling some metal fab equipment stuff also. Going to take gas axe to truck.
thanks Dave

Last edited by Dave Maxwell on April 14th 2011, 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

delete post Empty Re: delete post

Post  res0rli9 March 28th 2011, 7:33 pm

WOW!

sorry to here that.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 March 28th 2011, 8:02 pm

Sad take a few days and think about it first.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 28th 2011, 8:33 pm

cool40 wrote: Sad take a few days and think about it first.

X2Dave ,don't know what's goin on but,please think it over brother Wink

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R March 28th 2011, 9:13 pm

Dave, step back, take a deep breath and think about it, the project's not going anywhere, it doesn't cost anything to let it sit. Believe me, I know exactly how you feel.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  342g March 28th 2011, 9:23 pm

What they all said, Dave.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell March 28th 2011, 10:20 pm

just don't like stuff laying around. No matter what I do, somehow money seems to fall through the cracks. Just time to step out and accept reality. Might be third shift. Only sleep three hours a day. Lay in bed for sometimes twelve hours to get the combined three. Maybe it's my depression. Don't know, just hate having unfinished projects. Thunderbird ended up being cut into pieces. Two months later I got this job and could have afforded to finish it. I just go through moods I guess. We all do I know

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  plowboy34 March 28th 2011, 10:24 pm

I agree with the others. Just take a break and let it be a little. In the Hot Rod world this is what happens, if it was easy everybody would do it. But once you finish, oh the fun you get to have. Hang in there buddy and praying for you. Let go and let God.

plowboy34

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell March 28th 2011, 10:41 pm

thanks everyone for the positive thoughts and prayer. I will give it a week or so and see how I feel then. Just wish I could find the hole that the money slips through. I make decent money and don't by things. Wife hasn't bought anything that I know of. Oh well enough whining. Let you know price if I go that way

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonewolf1970 March 28th 2011, 10:53 pm

Hey Dave I know what your going threw.I didn't get the race at all last year and it looks like it may not happen again this year as well and its killing me.I have been out of work for a year and a half and the car is is about 3/4 of the way done.so just hang in there it will get better at least thats what I keep telling myself.
Lonewolf1970
Lonewolf1970

Back to top Go down

Post  429 Powered 84 March 28th 2011, 11:39 pm

Hey there Dave I don't know ou like some of the others on here,but I have almost the same problem you have except on my end I get almost done and change things and then have to as they say start over! I have been on the same project with my Mustang for 6 yes 6 years and have never even had the engine(S) started! I have redone this car from one end to the other and back again! I have let it sit for many days and months at a time and not even touch it! I have just recently started work back on my car and started a new job as well. Like the others have said don't get rid of it it's not costing you anything to sit there, you can always tinker with it as you get the time? I have offten thought about getting rid of mine but almost evrything I have for it now is paid for and now I have just about got all the stuff I need to get it running with what "WILL" be the last go round with the combo. I have decided to go with a 557 and a glide after long talks with Mr. Cartwright and my Brother I have started to buy what I need to amke my ride the way I want it to be. So I guess what I am saying is give it some consideration and don't let it bother you so much as it's not costing you anything to sit there.

Dan
429 Powered 84
429 Powered 84

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell March 29th 2011, 2:03 am

thanks again for the words of wisdom. I go through these phases like a woman. Chuck too bad you are so far away. We are hiring where I work like crazy. 26.35 per hour after two years. Twenty something to start.

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 29th 2011, 7:07 am

Dave..... give it a few months don't get in a rush !!! Everybody gets a little frustrated from time to time.

Plus its not a great time to be selling stuff anyway...... Why loose your arse????? just stop for awhile and save up a little money and get some rest.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 March 29th 2011, 7:16 am

Dave if you can't stand it sitting in your way rent a storeage building and store it for a while.Then when you decide to start working on it or think about starting a nother project pull it out of storeage.I know on my build I was working alot of overtime when I started it then all the overtime went away and our hours was cut.`Then when I would save up for more parts and something would come up and have to spend the money easle where.I have thought about saling mine a few times and even my 69 F100 but the wife and my daughter talks me out of it.Like the others said think about it long and hard and don't do something you will regret in the long run.

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell March 29th 2011, 8:57 am

Jim I know exactly what you mean. Money is there and then poof it isn't. Storage would be another expense though. Already sold my mercury comet that my dad gave to me as a graduation present. Last car he restored before he died we did it together. My engine is sitting at bobs shop. I feel guilty about that. He says it's ok, but I feel bad I haven't sent him money in over a year for more work to be done. He says pay as I can and we will work on it then. Just tired of being a lurker, I want to be one of the guys and such. I want to run at a bash.

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 29th 2011, 11:11 am

Dave Maxwell wrote:Jim I know exactly what you mean. Money is there and then poof it isn't. Storage would be another expense though. Already sold my mercury comet that my dad gave to me as a graduation present. Last car he restored before he died we did it together. My engine is sitting at bobs shop. I feel guilty about that. He says it's ok, but I feel bad I haven't sent him money in over a year for more work to be done. He says pay as I can and we will work on it then. Just tired of being a lurker, I want to be one of the guys and such. I want to run at a bash.

Come too the Bash this year Dave,I think being around us will do you some good. Just make sure you come over and introduce yourself,and bring your wife along and show her why you are so eager to do this.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing March 29th 2011, 12:08 pm

Dave Maxwell wrote:just don't like stuff laying around. No matter what I do, somehow money seems to fall through the cracks. Just time to step out and accept reality. Might be third shift. Only sleep three hours a day. Lay in bed for sometimes twelve hours to get the combined three. Maybe it's my depression. Don't know, just hate having unfinished projects. Thunderbird ended up being cut into pieces. Two months later I got this job and could have afforded to finish it. I just go through moods I guess. We all do I know

Dave I don't mean to get into your buissness but I have worked in the field of mental health for over 20 yrs.Times have been hard for alot of people around these parts to.Your comments above look like depressive symptoms decreased sleep,low energy,loss of intrest are the big three symptoms.If you think it is depression,it prob. is.Get it checked out and treated,a primary care doc. should be able to help you.It is usualy pretty easy to treat but the meds take two to three wks to work.They don't change the way you think but sure can change the way you feel.I know thy help me a lot.The most often given piece of advice from our office is "Don't make any major decisions while you are depessed unless you are forced to" Good luck I hope things get better for you. Ward
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell March 29th 2011, 2:59 pm

been on meds for nine years. We are trying prozac and wellbutrin combo this time. Take clonazapam as a booster when anger starts get out of hand. No bash this year. Wife has surgery that week. Her and kids came last year. I was pobably the only one with a stroller. Energy is definitely gone. I blame that on third. No sleep. Plus I hate what I do doesn't help. My son wants to ride in his truck hurts the most I think. Daddy is letting him down. I have just become lazy without sleep.

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell March 29th 2011, 3:07 pm

and as for people being in my business. You are family to me. I am open. I juts hate wasted good board space like this. I have done it in the past when I get in moods. I think I am bi polar. One minute happy. The next putting my fist through my windshield

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  138 March 29th 2011, 4:06 pm

those parts will be worth the same amount next year...unless you NEED the money, or are 110% positive you're done hang on to them.

Last edited by 138 on March 29th 2011, 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 29th 2011, 4:12 pm

Dave Maxwell wrote:and as for people being in my business. You are family to me. I am open. I juts hate wasted good board space like this. I have done it in the past when I get in moods. I think I am bi polar. One minute happy. The next putting my fist through my windshield

sounds like you are a diesel tech at a Ford dealership..................that or I am bi polar myself...............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell March 29th 2011, 5:12 pm

did my time at the dealerships. Build and check out 300 plus ton dump trucks now and fix problems. No flat rate to worry about. Just work nights instead. Ooops got to quit doing updates while driving

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 29th 2011, 5:38 pm

Dave Maxwell wrote:been on meds for nine years. We are trying prozac and wellbutrin combo this time. Take clonazapam as a booster when anger starts get out of hand. No bash this year. Wife has surgery that week. Her and kids came last year. I was pobably the only one with a stroller. Energy is definitely gone. I blame that on third. No sleep. Plus I hate what I do doesn't help. My son wants to ride in his truck hurts the most I think. Daddy is letting him down. I have just become lazy without sleep.

Get your testosterone checked.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Maxwell March 29th 2011, 6:09 pm

did last year. They said within spec although on low side. Thinking about that test stuff on tv

Dave Maxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R March 29th 2011, 7:28 pm

Dave, I told you I know exactly how you feel, we're both in the same boat. I've been off my meds for a while now and after reading your posts I decided I need to get back on them, I made an appt. today. I get to feeling good so I quit taking them and after awhile I get into a funk, same things you describe. Don't think you are wasting space here, help and support, that's what we do for each other. I know what you mean about the money, it's like I've got a hole in my pocket and it just falls out (hmmm, maybe I do), and I'm constantly tripping over parts and half finished projects, really pisses me off. But sell it? Never, I will feel better and it will be finished....someday!!!

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next