BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little venting on the HP tv deal

+19
73f100shortbox557SCJ
meteor545
D. Sea
83-88T-Bird Guy
BIGDOG466
Slaughtrhousjak
Carl
Wayne Pearce
bbf-falcon
havinfun
windsor
jasonf
OldRedFord
72mav
maverick
Northwest outlaw
Nevs
ThndrChkn
schmitty
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A little venting on the HP tv deal Empty A little venting on the HP tv deal

Post  schmitty September 5th 2009, 12:18 pm

I watched as the supposed "fair" test between the two motors was played out. I doubt highly that the two different heads, the TFS Streets, and RHS heads are very similar. The chebbie got a solid roller vs. hyd roller for the Ford. So a real apples to apples comparison there. I'd be LMAO if it weren't so ignorant and biased. I just can hardly wait to see how they butcher the Mopar. Evil or Very Mad
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

A little venting on the HP tv deal Empty Re: A little venting on the HP tv deal

Post  ThndrChkn September 5th 2009, 12:26 pm

X2 Rob... I sent them an email telling them I couldn't believe how they tipped the scales to the advantge of the Chevy on almost every episode they air that has a comparison between the 2... Facts are facts, but that show is just as full of the typical Chevrolet biased, misinformed, morons as most pits are at the track...

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 5th 2009, 12:43 pm

I just want to know why they continue to do this, is it just stupidity or is there some agenda here.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs September 5th 2009, 12:50 pm

schmitty wrote:I just want to know why they continue to do this, is it just stupidity or is there some agenda here.

I think you know the answer, Rob! Not only is there an agenda, but they are ignorant as well.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn September 5th 2009, 1:09 pm

Here's a copy of the email I sent them:
I just watched your episode on the 454 Chevy build... All I have to say is what a load of crap...! I can't believe you would even call that a fair comparison... How can you use a hydraulic roller in one engine and a solid roller in another and call that apples to apples... Even the cylinder heads were of little or NO equal comparison... Sure, you used "iron" heads on both initial builds... But what were the valve angles on the BBC...? I'll bet they weren't a "STOCK" valve head... Ya know, job security is one thing, but to do 2 builds like this in the manner it was done, and call it anything more than a beefed up Chevrolet biased production is totally un-cool... NO wait, let me re-phrase that... IGNORANT...! Anybody, and I mean anybody, that does their homework knows for a FACT that dollar for dollar the BBF will out perform the BBC...

For starters, you can't even build a BBC over what, 502" without going to an aftermarket block...? Or at best, finding a pretty hard to find truck block... A stock 460 block can and will handle just a few more cubes than the 454... 557" to be exact... Now I know, not all of these Ford blocks WILL bore to 4.44" (.080) to make these cubes, but more will than won't... At worsed, one would be looking at a 4.42" (.060) bore and with a 4.5" crank (which you can't even put in a ''STOCK'' BBC block let alone run it) and you have 552" of monster BBF... On rare occasions, you'll find a BBF block that will sonic test with enough cylider wall to take your stock block to 572" Yes 572"... I know this, bcause I built a 557 on such a block... I think you guys need to pull your heads out of you know where, and do a few APPLES TO APPLES tests, and you'll very soon understand that with equal parts on both outfits, you'll see for yourselves who is KING...

For your enjoyment, Here's my BBF powered F150 (521" to be exact) running a 1/4 mile in 10.37 @ 130.8 mph... Oh yeah at 6700'...
https://s336.photobucket.com/albums/n331/67Galaxie557/?action=view&current=010-1.flv

Doug Roope
Helena, Montana

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 5th 2009, 1:23 pm

I'll bet you never get a response. Evil or Very Mad They have no idea of the abilities of the 385 series engine. It's almost as sad for the mopar guys. The 385 series motors are made out to be boat anchors that can't make over 400hp and the mopar guys think every 426 Hemi will put out 1000HP by advancing the timing. I can't believe with the internet that more information isn't mined out and utilized. Just plain ignorance. Crying or Very sad
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Northwest outlaw September 5th 2009, 1:36 pm

yea i only watch them to see what they are going to hack up. I call them the hack jobs the nova the mustang and the list gose on of all the stuff they have f-up. Are they still playing that it has been on like the last 3 weeks or so.
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 5th 2009, 3:14 pm

The HP TV guys don't like to remember the crate motor shootout they did several years ago. Once again, they tried to stack the deck by using larger crate engines from Chevy and MoPar vs. a FRPP 460 crate engine. It appeared to be another of their displays of GM superiority until they dropped each motor into a suitable car.....A Chevelle, a '64 Fairlane and a Dodge of some sort. After spotting them in cubic inches and cams, the 460 beat them like a pair of rented mules. It wasn't even close. Chuck the Chebby guy tried to rationalize the azz-whupping they took, and we never saw that episode again. Rolling Eyes
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs September 5th 2009, 4:13 pm

maverick wrote:The HP TV guys don't like to remember the crate motor shootout they did several years ago. Once again, they tried to stack the deck by using larger crate engines from Chevy and MoPar vs. a FRPP 460 crate engine. It appeared to be another of their displays of GM superiority until they dropped each motor into a suitable car.....A Chevelle, a '64 Fairlane and a Dodge of some sort. After spotting them in cubic inches and cams, the 460 beat them like a pair of rented mules. It wasn't even close. Chuck the Chebby guy tried to rationalize the azz-whupping they took, and we never saw that episode again. Rolling Eyes

Go figure... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav September 5th 2009, 7:39 pm

schmitty wrote:I just want to know why they continue to do this, is it just stupidity or is there some agenda here.

Its called "the Stupid Majority" Rob....

Kind of sounds like a few other things. Not gonna get into that Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  OldRedFord September 5th 2009, 8:37 pm

Whatever. I will just let whats under my hood do the talking.

One day my truck will get a 545...
OldRedFord
OldRedFord

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf September 5th 2009, 9:04 pm

That blond idiot is supposes to be a Ford guy to, he should go work for Procomp. When there were building that nova he put the fuel cell in backwards and plumbed it all up. What a total moron. I quit watching it after that.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor September 5th 2009, 9:36 pm

maverick wrote:The HP TV guys don't like to remember the crate motor shootout they did several years ago. Once again, they tried to stack the deck by using larger crate engines from Chevy and MoPar vs. a FRPP 460 crate engine. It appeared to be another of their displays of GM superiority until they dropped each motor into a suitable car.....A Chevelle, a '64 Fairlane and a Dodge of some sort. After spotting them in cubic inches and cams, the 460 beat them like a pair of rented mules. It wasn't even close. Chuck the Chebby guy tried to rationalize the azz-whupping they took, and we never saw that episode again. Rolling Eyes

Got a link to that or know where to find it? I couldn't...
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 5th 2009, 9:41 pm

Sent them an e-mail. Doubt I'll ever hear from them. Evil or Very Mad
I am writing this in regards to your big block comparison. You made no comparison here other than to build two completely different engines and then dyno them. The whole of the two packages was in no way indicative of eithers capabilities other than they can each make 600 horsepower on a dyno. I commend you on talking to Mr. Kasse and getting some good info from him regarding the Ford build, but to compare the Chevy motor with a solid roller cam to the Ford with a hydraulic roller is no comparison. The Chevy should have been used with a hydraulic roller to make this comparison, a solid roller is a huge advantage. The cylinder heads are in no way comparable either, as the TFS heads are a stock replacement style head with some better flow characteristics. They are similar in nature to the 40 year old Cobra Jet heads. The TFS heads shown in this episode are capable of making over 800 dyno proven horsepower, but you decided to handicap them with a street cam. I have seen many builds with 40+ year old passenger car iron heads that will beat that 600 hp figure by over 100 horsepower. The RHS heads used are a full race version of their aluminum heads. Why do you wish to make an apples to bananas comparison? I really wish for you guys to come back and explain that both engines have very different designs and capabilities. If you would like, I can put you in contact with some engine builders who will build you engines of each variety that will show the true capabilities of all three, Mopar, Chevy, and Ford. Yes I am a Ford biased person, and I really hate to see such a bad light put on such a great engine. I know you guys will never shed good light on the Ford 385 series engine as far as what it is truly capable of and I am also quite sure that you will not respond to this email and confirm my suspicion that you do not want constructive criticism of your show. I would be quite surprised if you want the info I am willing to provide and do contact me. I am going to post this e-mail on an internet forum for the rest of the net to find and if you so desire for a true engine to be brought to you for comparison these guys would applaud you, Mr. Kasse being one of the persons who participate in this forum.

Sincerely
Rob Schmidt
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  havinfun September 5th 2009, 10:13 pm

I do not think you guys will get any reply, but I would be one that would like to here the
reply if you get one.

Thank you,
Jay

havinfun

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs September 5th 2009, 10:44 pm

havinfun wrote:I do not think you guys will get any reply, but I would be one that would like to here the
reply if you get one.

Thank you,
Jay

X2 Exclamation
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 5th 2009, 11:03 pm

They would have to do research on what Doug told them to even give a decent reply Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Pearce September 6th 2009, 8:07 am

That show is supposed to be "instructive, and informative", but it's nothing more than propaganda for the "bow tie queers" I remember the three way shoot out between the Ford, Chevy, and Mopar big blocks - both the Mopar, and Chevy were bigger than the Ford - but the Ford came out on top! The Chevy was more expensive, and the Mopar was WAAAY more expensive - and the Ford came out on top! Ol Chuck Hansen must have been getting some severe gas pains over that episode, because all we've seen since then is slanted, biased, nonsensical BULLSHIT!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 6th 2009, 9:37 am

Wayne Pearce wrote:That show is supposed to be "instructive, and informative", but it's nothing more than propaganda for the "bow tie queers" I remember the three way shoot out between the Ford, Chevy, and Mopar big blocks - both the Mopar, and Chevy were bigger than the Ford - but the Ford came out on top! The Chevy was more expensive, and the Mopar was WAAAY more expensive - and the Ford came out on top! Ol Chuck Hansen must have been getting some severe gas pains over that episode, because all we've seen since then is slanted, biased, nonsensical BULLSHIT!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

If memory serves, the Dodge and the Chevy were something like 500 and 502 cubes respectively. They also used roller cams while the Ford was a flat tappet. That episode was obviously intended to make the Ford look silly, but after they strapped 'em all to the DynoJet, the Ford came out on top with the closest competitor nearly 100 hp behind......No, I'm not exaggerating.

I really wish I had a link to that episode, but they may have made that one disappear.

As far as their "Super Nova" project goes, it was a scream to watch. They poured all the best stuff into that thing, toutimg it as "HP TV's assault on the nines". They even had Warren Johnson come on the show to put together their 572" race motor. When they finally took it to the track, they only showed a few test launches, then they tuned the 4-link. They never showed a full pass or a time slip, as I'm sure they knew they had a turd on their hands. The car went back to the shop for some changes and tuning, and they swapped out a bunch of parts from steel to lightweight 'glass. When the car went back to the track, they flogged the snot out of it, finally making it into the low 10's. That car has since become a project car for some other TV show. Rolling Eyes

Here's the long and the short of it: That show is simply a half hour infomercial, and when their advertisers look bad, the show disappears. Simple economics.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 7th 2009, 12:58 am

If this is the BS they wish to put out, why don't they just call it the "Edlebrock Chevy we can't make as much Horsepower as a Ford TV". Evil or Very Mad
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Carl September 7th 2009, 10:09 am

It's not about building the best engine they can within a certain budget for those guys......it's about building whatever engine brings the most money to the show from advertisers. Somebody wants to push hyd rollers for 460's? Bingo! The 460 is getting a hyd roller. Rolling Eyes

Carl

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor September 7th 2009, 10:50 am

Anyone have cam specs for the Ford? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

here is a funny thread from a chevy sight talking about the episode and how it 'destroyed' the Ford. scratch

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286889
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 7th 2009, 12:02 pm

I read that whole topic on the Chevelle site, and they seem to be much like us. Critisize the Ford and complain about how the parts chosen were way out of place. Funny how we are all the same with different products. LMAO
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 7th 2009, 1:59 pm

windsor wrote:Anyone have cam specs for the Ford? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

here is a funny thread from a chevy sight talking about the episode and how it 'destroyed' the Ford. scratch

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286889

That link is from an entirely different episode than the one I mentioned. I'm referring to the one where they used a complete crate engine from Ford, Chevy and MoPar, and installed them in cars of each brand.

Regarding the Ford's cam specs, I looked up the race version of the 460 (they had 2 versions) in my old 2001 FRPP catalog. It listed the 460's cam as a HYDRAULIC FLAT TAPPET....The M-6250-C460. Its specs are: Lift: .588 I, .614 E Duration: 244 and 254 @ .050.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor September 7th 2009, 2:43 pm

Yep, know the test you're speaking of, but I was getting back on track with that link to the chevelle site to the current HP TV motors.

speaking of that 3 motor shootout...anyone have more specifics or where to find it?
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum