BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little venting on the HP tv deal

+19
73f100shortbox557SCJ
meteor545
D. Sea
83-88T-Bird Guy
BIGDOG466
Slaughtrhousjak
Carl
Wayne Pearce
bbf-falcon
havinfun
windsor
jasonf
OldRedFord
72mav
maverick
Northwest outlaw
Nevs
ThndrChkn
schmitty
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A little venting on the HP tv deal - Page 2 Empty Re: A little venting on the HP tv deal

Post  Slaughtrhousjak September 7th 2009, 2:53 pm

1bad521 wrote:Here's a copy of the email I sent them:
I just watched your episode on the 454 Chevy build... All I have to say is what a load of crap...! I can't believe you would even call that a fair comparison... How can you use a hydraulic roller in one engine and a solid roller in another and call that apples to apples..................

schmitty wrote:Sent them an e-mail. Doubt I'll ever hear from them. Evil or Very Mad
I am writing this in regards to your big block comparison. You made no comparison here other than to build two completely different engines and then dyno them. The whole of the two packages was in no way indicative of eithers capabilities other than they can each make 600 horsepower on a dyno.................

WoW!! nicely put guys! firm, to the point and fair.(IMO) great reading! good stuff!
Slaughtrhousjak
Slaughtrhousjak

Back to top Go down

A little venting on the HP tv deal - Page 2 Empty Re: A little venting on the HP tv deal

Post  BIGDOG466 September 7th 2009, 6:20 pm

I quit watching them stupid azzes a year ago Very Happy
BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy September 9th 2009, 8:07 am

windsor wrote:
maverick wrote:The HP TV guys don't like to remember the crate motor shootout they did several years ago.

Got a link to that or know where to find it? I couldn't...

This link will get you in the door. There are a few episodes with 460s. Very Happy

http://www.spike.com/full-episode/454-budget-build/33123
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 9th 2009, 12:19 pm

I used to DVR the show however deleted it after a few episodes. Load of crap TV Laughing
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav September 9th 2009, 2:29 pm

Its like that with just about anything related with TV, except sports.
Well wait a minute..., john Force did throw a race last weekend Shocked Shocked Mad Sad
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 9th 2009, 2:37 pm

Al, That statement just put you in a fraternity with Mike Dunn. I bet John won't send YOU a Christmas card, either. Laughing Like John said, he's tired of hearing crap like this and he's not gonna take it anymore. Sad I wonder why nobody else is tired of hearing it? Rolling Eyes
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  meteor545 September 9th 2009, 6:45 pm

maybe this forum could challenge the chevy forum (the one linked in this thread) to a horsepower per dollar dyno contest? that would settle the fud versus chebby debate once and for all. lol!

meteor545

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs September 9th 2009, 6:58 pm

Al Martin wrote:Its like that with just about anything related with TV, except sports.
Well wait a minute..., john Force did throw a race last weekend Shocked Shocked Mad Sad

Al,
I have to disagree with you. From the replay I saw, I didn't see any evidence of any race being thrown. I did see someone get out of the groove and into the marbles. Did Force want Hight in the countdown? Of course he did. But, from the view on my tv, I didn't see any evidence of a race being thrown. Just my opinion, and it's worth exactly what it cost you. Maybe I'm just not seeing it through your eyes... Exclamation Neutral
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  OldRedFord September 9th 2009, 8:19 pm

Nevs wrote:
Al Martin wrote:Its like that with just about anything related with TV, except sports.

Al,
I have to disagree with you. From the replay I saw, I didn't see any evidence of any race being thrown. I did see someone get out of the groove and into the marbles. Did Force want Hight in the countdown? Of course he did. But, from the view on my tv, I didn't see any evidence of a race being thrown. Just my opinion, and it's worth exactly what it cost you. Maybe I'm just not seeing it through your eyes... Exclamation Neutral

I have to agree with you there.

Made for good tv tho.
Wonder who would have won in a fight?
OldRedFord
OldRedFord

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 9th 2009, 8:43 pm

I'm with Mike Dunn. Force left "dead late", as his average light is around a .080. This one was .200 plus. Then, with no evidence of wheelspin or tire shake, WITH THE FRONT TIRES ON THE GROUND, he drove the car toward the wall...No cylinders out, pushing the car sideways,.....nothing. Just a nice easy trip out of the groove.

That said....Is it illegal? No. It's his race to win or lose as he sees fit. Would I ever do it? No......If I don't intend to win a round, I'll leave my junk at the trailer. Personally, I think he pissed on our legs and told us it was raining. It's legal, but it doesn't do anything to advance the sport.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs September 9th 2009, 8:48 pm

No tire shake? I guess I need new glasses... You might want to rewind the dvr, and check that run again. That's certainly not what I seen. Idea
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 9th 2009, 8:53 pm

I just don't think there was anything pushing that car sideways except the steering wheel. I could be wrong (I was once before Laughing ) but there are so many circumstances here, combined with so many reasons to do it, that the whole thing "smells bad"...in the words of Dunn.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs September 9th 2009, 9:07 pm

Don't ever be so naive to believe Mike Dunn doesn't have an agenda in this deal as well. Ratings are a big factor in the ESPN/NHRA deal. I'm certain he's been asked to do his part as a good little soldier.Controversy sells. I wouldn't put it past the NHRA to be involved as well. It's more about ratings/money than it is racing anymore. It's almost to the point where I don't even tune in any longer. Can't hardly stand all the idiocy. Not trying to start a fight with anyone, just stating my opinion of what I saw. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm done.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 9th 2009, 10:23 pm

OK, here's what I saw.....On a day when all 4 of John's cars were marching down the track and printing time slips like a Xerox machine (At one time they were 1, 2, 3, and 4 in the qualifying order. When qualifying was over, I believe they were 1, 2, 3, and 5.), They didn't exacly look like they were having tune-up/set-up problems, but John suddenly can't get down the track after going a day late on the tree. This all happens in the first 80' of the track, without tire spin, with the front tires on the ground....and while those cars ALWAYS shake the tires to some degree, his didn't push him to the wall...the steering wheel did. It all happens on a pass when the financial implications are HUGE, putting another of HIS cars into the bogus MASCAR style chase for the championship, and placing his son-in law into the final with his daughter. To top it all off, we all know that John has never been full of BS before. Rolling Eyes

Now I suppose that it is possible that Dunn has some agenda, but one other thing is clear. He has probably witnessed every Funny Car pass run in competition for the last 20 years, and he has considerable experience driving those cars. IF THE OPINION HE EXPRESSED WAS HONEST, it should be worth consideration. I, for one, tend to agree with it.

It is also entirely possible that the NHRA played a part in this thing, as they become more like NASCRAP evry day. Shoot, this could be bigger than Yarborough and Allison fistfighting on the infield! But no matter who decided it was a good idea, or who called the shots, or who got paid, it still smells. I get the feeling that if the fistfight had taken place, Force and Pedregon would've had pouches of fake blood hidden in their cheeks.

I guess I'm just from the old school...."Run every round like you want to win it." If you don't want to win it, man up and SAY SO. We all know there's money involved, so we won't be shocked. I just hate to see another great motorsport following the trail blazed by Pro Wrestling. Now I'M done.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 9th 2009, 10:28 pm

Nevs, we're good. No fight here. Besides, I just realized that our only difference of opinion was in the tire shake! Laughing
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav September 9th 2009, 11:00 pm

I couldnt have said it any better Kim...
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  73f100shortbox557SCJ September 9th 2009, 11:46 pm

cmon nevs ..... .200 rt???? and hes been cuttin off ..080's all day long...srry but john force does not suddenly cut a .20 r/t out of the blue after hes been consistently much better than that all day.

and what are the odds almost the whole weekend he gets down the track nearly perfect on every run and then ALL of a sudden....He clearly...very clearly... drives the car straight into the wall with no tire shake what so ever....and yes i watched it on dvr 4 times now..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I tell you what I lost a lot of respect for john this weekend with all this b/s....

Like many ppl have siad he could have done IT in a much better fashion than the way he chose but thats john's choice i guess.....

besides....who cares about fuel cars anymore now that we got p/s to cheer for!! Cool Cool Smile
73f100shortbox557SCJ
73f100shortbox557SCJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs September 10th 2009, 8:16 pm

Here's a little reading about the whole Force deal:

http://www.dragracingonline.com/analysis/xi_8-usnationals-1.html
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav September 10th 2009, 8:32 pm

I read that, thanks Steve.
CORPORATE RACING POLITICS! Thats why I quit watching the pros races and all the cookie cutter crap along with it. The stuff I miss is Comp Eliminator. Nothing like rooting for freinds on TV. Sure miss that.
Al
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs September 10th 2009, 9:08 pm

I agree with you on Comp Eliminator, Al. It's a shame more fans don't stick around to watch when they run. Unfortunately, if it doesn't burn nitro, most uninformed people aren't interested. Sad
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 10th 2009, 9:28 pm

Maybe NASCAR can get the Allison bros. and Cale to fight again...good for ratings .

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 11th 2009, 8:54 am

Nevs wrote:I agree with you on Comp Eliminator, Al. It's a shame more fans don't stick around to watch when they run. Unfortunately, if it doesn't burn nitro, most uninformed people aren't interested. Sad

It's the truth and it's a shame.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair September 20th 2009, 2:59 pm

any updates on the HPTV 454 vs 460 shoot out? I would really like to see how bad they gimped the 460 just to make the 454 look good and the difference in $$$ spent on each motor.
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman September 20th 2009, 4:16 pm

A pal here just put a blown 572 chebby in his tubbed '71 Nova. Constantly puts down Ford, Mopar, anything but the almighty BBC. He bought it all assembled with a dyno sheet claiming 1100hp. Now the car does move out, but not as it should. My '69 BBF powered stang is fixing to break his heart on the motor and rape him on the bottle. The crap talking will suddenly cease.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor September 20th 2009, 5:10 pm

4thHorseman wrote:A pal here just put a blown 572 chebby in his tubbed '71 Nova. Constantly puts down Ford, Mopar, anything but the almighty BBC. He bought it all assembled with a dyno sheet claiming 1100hp. Now the car does move out, but not as it should. My '69 BBF powered stang is fixing to break his heart on the motor and rape him on the bottle. The crap talking will suddenly cease.

Oh yeah, you gotta let us know how that turns out Very Happy
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next