BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

something some of us can relate too (funny as Heck)

+9
PROSTREET66
342g
Diggindeeper
cool40
rmcomprandy
bbf-falcon
bb429power
billandlori
the Coug
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

something some of us can relate too  (funny as Heck) Empty something some of us can relate too (funny as Heck)

Post  the Coug April 16th 2011, 9:45 am

> This is your laugh of the day. If this does not make you laugh til you cry there
> is something wrong with you!!!!
>
>
>
> Life as a child growing up in Texas..
>
> Around age 10 my dad got me one of those little bada$$ compound bow beginner
> kits. Of course, the first month I went around our land sticking arrows in
> anything that could get stuck by an arrow. Did you know that a 1955 40 horse
> Farmall tractor will take 6 rounds before it goes down? Tough sumbich.
> That got boring, so being the 10 yr. old Dukes of Hazard fan that I was, I
> quickly advanced to taking strips of cut up T-shirt doused in chainsaw gas tied
> around the end and was sending flaming arrows all over the place. One summer
> afternoon, I was shooting flaming arrows into a
> large rotten oak stump in our
> backyard. I looked over under the carport and see a shiny brand new can of
> starting fluid (Ether). The light bulb went off in my head. I grabbed the can
> and set it on the stump. I thought that it would probably just spray out in a
> disappointing manner. Lets face it, to a 10 yr old mouth-breather like myself,
> (Ether), really doesn't "sound" flammable. So, I went back into the house and
> got a 1 pound can of pyrodex (black powder for muzzle loader rifles).
> At this point, I set the can of ether on the stump and opened up the can of
> black powder. My intentions were to sprinkle a little bit around the (Ether) can
> but it all sorta dumped out on me. No biggie, a 1 lb. pyrodex and 16 oz (Ether)
> should make a loud pop, kinda like a firecracker you know? You know what? Screw
> that I'm going back in the house for the other can.
> Yes, I got a second can of pyrodex and dumped it too. Now we're
> cookin'.
> I stepped back about 15 ft and lit the 2 stroke arrow. I drew the nock to my
> cheek and took aim. As I released I heard a clunk as the arrow launched from my
> bow. In a slow motion time frame, I turned to see my dad getting out of the
> truck... OH SH!T! He just got home from work. So help me God it took 10 minutes
> for that arrow to go from my bow to the can. My dad was walking towards me in
> slow motion with a WTF look in his eyes. I turned back towards my target just in
> time to see the arrow pierce the starting fluid can right at the bottom. Right
> through the main pile of pyrodex and into the can. Oh Sh!t.
> When the shock wave hit it knocked me off my feet. I don't know if it was the
> actual compression wave that threw me back or just reflex jerk back from 235
> freakin’ decibels of sound. I caught a half a millisecond glimpse of the
> violence during the initial explosion and I will tell you there was dust,
> grass,
> and bugs all hovering 1 ft above the ground as far as I could see. It was like a
> little low to the ground layer of dust fog full of grasshoppers, spiders, and a
> worm or two.
> The daylight turned purple. Let me repeat this... THE FREAKIN’ DAYLIGHT TURNED
> PURPLE.
> There was a big sweetgum tree out by the gate going into the pasture. Notice I
> said "was".. That sumbich got up and ran off.
> So here I am, on the ground blown completely out of my shoes with my thundercats
> T-Shirt shredded, my dad is on the other side of the carport having what I can
> only assume is a Vietnam flashback:
> ECHO BRAVO CHARLIE YOU'RE BRINGIN' EM IN TOO CLOSE!! CEASE FIRE. DANGIT CEASE
> FIRE!!!!!
> His hat has blown off and is 30 ft behind him in the driveway. All windows on
> the north side of the house are blown out and there is a slow rolling mushroom
> cloud about 2000 ft. over our backyard. There is a Honda 185s 3 wheeler
> parked
> on the other side of the yard and the fenders are drooped down and are now
> touching the tires.
> I wish I knew what I said to my dad at this moment. I don't know - I know I said
> something. I couldn't hear. I couldn't hear inside my own head. I don't think he
> heard me either... not that it would really matter. I don't remember much from
> this point on. I said something, felt a sharp pain, and then woke up later. I
> felt a sharp pain, blacked out, woke later....repeat this process for an hour or
> so and you get the idea. I remember at one point my mom had to give me CPR. and
> Dad screaming "Bring him back to life so I can kill him again". Thanks Mom.
> One thing is for sure... I never had to mow around that stump again, Mom had
> been complaining about that thing for years and dad never did anything about it. I
> stepped up to the plate and handled business.
> Dad sold his muzzle loader a week or so later. I still have some
> sort of bone
> growth abnormality, either from the blast or the beating, or both.
> I guess what I'm trying to say is, get your kids into archery. It's good
> discipline and will teach them skills they can use later on in life.
>
> Author Unknown
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

something some of us can relate too  (funny as Heck) Empty Re: something some of us can relate too (funny as Heck)

Post  billandlori April 16th 2011, 10:28 am

LOL that is great!! The crazy stuff we come up with when we're kids......its a wonder we surive!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

something some of us can relate too  (funny as Heck) Empty Re: something some of us can relate too (funny as Heck)

Post  bb429power April 16th 2011, 12:03 pm

lol! lol! lol! AHAHAHA now I need to go bring back some older days of my childhood...bow and arrow, wax & grease remover, gunpowder, gas, firecrackers... I'll be back in a minute Idea
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon April 16th 2011, 1:10 pm

That was a goodin Coug affraid lol!

One time when I was about 10 or so sometime aroung 4th July I had bunches if little fire crackers that I thought had too be set off before they got ruined.My Mom and me were the only ones at home and I was bored. We lived up a holler about a mile and we always had junk cars in the field. Well,I got the bright idea to make me something that would go BOOM. So I took the bricks of firecrackers to the shit house and started slicing them open too extract all the powder on some (ass wipe) newspaper. I then found the hard plastic garden hose that I siphoned gas from the car w/for lawn mower/go cart gas. I cut the hose in a 1' length cut a hole in the center for a long fuse,filled and packed the hose w/powder and capped the ends.I now had me a real firecracker. So I started looking around for something too blow up.My eye caught a light blue 65 Falcon Futura that my older brother was planning to use for fix up another one. The trunk was open so I found a box of matches and headed to the field. I lite the fuse,slammed down the trunk,and hauled ass as fast as I could go. About 40' away I heard the blast while I was headed for the grass face first. After I picked myself from the ground all I could see was dust and hearing my Mom screaming my name in horror. After the dust cleared ,I could see the trunk was missing,the windows were all missing,the car was burning lightly and I found the trunk later that evening about 100 yards away in the creek.

1.Then come the ass beatings,first my Mom for half scaring her too her death
2.Then my older brother for destroying the Falcon

Damn,that was a BLAST though lol!

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug April 16th 2011, 1:34 pm

I figured this would bring back some old memories Twisted Evil
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 16th 2011, 8:22 pm

You know ... a waste basket size plastic bag filled with acetylene when detonated on a front seat will blow a Plymouth Horizon clean apart.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug April 16th 2011, 9:00 pm

I bet so Laughing

like to see that done.... I know you can take a metal 5 gal bucket and fill it with oxy/acet mix and shoot it witha rifle from 100 yards and the bucket will go like 300 ft strait up

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power April 16th 2011, 9:19 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:You know ... a waste basket size plastic bag filled with acetylene when detonated on a front seat will blow a Plymouth Horizon clean apart.

the Coug wrote:I bet so Laughing

like to see that done.... I know you can take a metal 5 gal bucket and fill it with oxy/acet mix and shoot it witha rifle from 100 yards and the bucket will go like 300 ft strait up

Randy
Gentlemen, I have much work to do Twisted Evil affraid
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 16th 2011, 9:36 pm

Randy

Coug,
Maybe you can see it ... If his kids didn't tape over it, Adney has a VHS recording of this being done.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug April 16th 2011, 10:07 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:

Randy

Coug,
Maybe you can see it ... If his kids didn't tape over it, Adney has a VHS recording of this being done.

I can see him being part of this....... Laughing
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 April 16th 2011, 11:01 pm

i had a 185s 3 wheeler! Surprised
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 16th 2011, 11:14 pm

the Coug wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Randy

Coug,

I can see him being part of this....... Laughing

YEA ... out on the farm in Maine - time to kill - a spare junk car just sitting there - welding tanks in the shop - yep, lol.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper April 16th 2011, 11:25 pm

The worst I did was burn my parents house down on their wedding anniversary. We learned that my sisters were terrible baby sitters, and blankets on light fixtures are a bad idea.
After I set fire to the house we ran to the neighbors house and I got to stay up and watch Fall Guy. Thats all i remember, I was 4 years old.
Laughing
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon April 17th 2011, 12:42 am

Diggindeeper wrote:The worst I did was burn my parents house down on their wedding anniversary. We learned that my sisters were terrible baby sitters, and blankets on light fixtures are a bad idea.
After I set fire to the house we ran to the neighbors house and I got to stay up and watch Fall Guy. Thats all i remember, I was 4 years old.
Laughing

Was you also in the movie "Firestarter" lol!

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori April 17th 2011, 12:59 am

Diggindeeper wrote:The worst I did was burn my parents house down on their wedding anniversary. We learned that my sisters were terrible baby sitters, and blankets on light fixtures are a bad idea.
Laughing

Damn, that's a bad one!!

My buddy told me when he was younger him and his friend got hold of a bunch of Black Cat fire crackers. They also had a bag full of ball bearings.......hmmm......what to do???? Yep they got a piece of pipe and headed for the river. They tried a few shots with one cracker but it wasn't even getting to the river.....wtf??? Well, they thought they should try two.....still no splash. Three?? still no splash, but they noticed a bunch of people in the parking lot on the OTHER side of the river ducking and pointing at them!!! They were hitting cars across the river!! Time to get the hell out of there!!

He had lots of stories that would keep you entertained for hours....

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper April 17th 2011, 1:09 am

bbf-falcon wrote:
Laughing

no Christine. I was the Windsor or Saratoga or whatever the hell that car was.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power April 17th 2011, 1:56 pm

Diggindeeper wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:
Laughing

no Christine. I was the Windsor or Saratoga or whatever the hell that car was.
Wasn't it a little red 57 Belvadere?
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper April 17th 2011, 7:35 pm

just a dodge buddy, just a dodge.
Laughing
they were all ugly beasts back then.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  342g April 17th 2011, 7:40 pm

Diggindeeper wrote:just a dodge buddy, just a dodge.
Laughing

It was actually a 1958 plymouth belvedere,, potraying a 1958 fury.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon April 18th 2011, 12:54 am

342g wrote:
Diggindeeper wrote:just a dodge buddy, just a dodge.
Laughing

It was actually a 1958 plymouth belvedere,, potraying a 1958 fury.

Yep Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper April 18th 2011, 4:57 am

just a dodge. Laughing
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  PROSTREET66 April 18th 2011, 9:30 am

When I was 9 or 10 in grade school we made stuff out of clay and fired it in a kiln.Well I made a little valcano and brought it home.Later that day I took it down to the lower driveway with a can of gasoline and procedded to play valcano erupcition.Luckly an man was driving by and saw me and stopped it and took me up to the house and told my mother what I was doing.Needless to say say took a switch from the famous switch tree out front a beat the living shit out of me!!Then whe my Truck Driving Dad came home he beat me with that wide ass truck driving belt.Did I learn my lesson ......hell no......I was always getting into something as a youngster..
Michael
PROSTREET66
PROSTREET66

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power April 18th 2011, 12:21 pm

Okay, DON'T light a little bag with accetelene and oxygen in it off. Makes a LOUD bang affraid Well, now I know how to scare the crap out of people at a bonfire or blow something the heck up! Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea April 18th 2011, 12:22 pm

OMG These stories are F-ING Hillarious!!!

I tried to burn my house down when I was VERY young, hardly remember but I couldn't have been older than 3 or 4. Mom left the stove on and open for heat one morning and Dad was asleep (Night Shift) so my brother and I decided to "Play" with the stove and see what would and would not catch on fire. Caught a small towel on fire and tried to put it "Out" by placing it in the trash can. Burnt the crap out of my hands and I still have the scars...

Dad was so scared that I didn't even get a beating... What a Face

My youngest who is now 6 has some "Dennis The Menace" traits so I have to keep an eye on him, don't know where he gets it from Razz Razz affraid
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 18th 2011, 1:53 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:You know ... a waste basket size plastic bag filled with acetylene when detonated on a front seat will blow a Plymouth Horizon clean apart.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil That is one of the best stories on the planet right their !!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next