BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stick shift race at Ohio Valley!!

+2
Wheelie58
Race Ready Fabrications
6 posters

Go down

Stick shift race at Ohio Valley!! Empty Stick shift race at Ohio Valley!!

Post  Race Ready Fabrications July 23rd 2011, 11:41 am

My dad and I are headed to Ohio valley raceway for some good 'ol stick shift racing. I'm pretty sure we'll be the only BBF there. Very Happy
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Stick shift race at Ohio Valley!! Empty Re: Stick shift race at Ohio Valley!!

Post  Wheelie58 July 23rd 2011, 11:49 am

Stick it on the wood and side-step the old clutch! Yeeee-Haaa
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 23rd 2011, 12:05 pm

I love watchun stick shift cars . Kanawa Valley had the southern gear jammers there 2 times a year for a few years. I miss them.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  342g July 23rd 2011, 12:37 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:I love watchun stick shift cars . Kanawa Valley had the southern gear jammers there 2 times a year for a few years. I miss them.

We have one every month, Tim always shows, I think they have a points circuit.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Kens429 July 23rd 2011, 12:55 pm

We had planned on being there to run quick stick, but last weekend at the Edgewater UMTR race I rounded the dog ring and slider for second gear in the semi-finals. Didn't have enough time to get parts from Jerico this week. Sad It really stinks that it broke now. Ohio Valley is my favorite 1/8 mile track, with a great crowd. Good luck tonight, the UMTR is a great group to race with. You should try to come to some other races, we need more big block fords! I think that I'm the only one now.

Ken
Kens429
Kens429

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications July 23rd 2011, 1:01 pm

Blew a trailer tire on the road. Had to unload the car so we could jack uP the trailer Evil or Very Mad 14 minutes and back on the road!!
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications July 23rd 2011, 1:06 pm

Kens429 wrote:We had planned on being there to run quick stick, but last weekend at the Edgewater UMTR race I rounded the dog ring and slider for second gear in the semi-finals. Didn't have enough time to get parts from Jerico this week. Sad It really stinks that it broke now. Ohio Valley is my favorite 1/8 mile track, with a great crowd. Good luck tonight, the UMTR is a great group to race with. You should try to come to some other races, we need more big block fords! I think that I'm the only one now.

Ken

Sorry bout the bad luck Ken. These stick shift deals are hard on parts. Dads on his 4th or 5th tranny and countless reared parts.....
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Kens429 July 23rd 2011, 1:18 pm

We had the same problem last year on the way to UMTR @ Owingsville. Bottle jack wasn't strong enough by itself, and floor jack just was barely enough help. Wouldn't have gotten the spare tire on if it had more than 20 psi. Then emptied my air tank and another UMTR and Ford racer's just to get to 45 psi. Of course these things happen when its blazing hot out! Hey, sometimes adversity on the way to the track gets the bad luck out of the way and paves the road to the winner's circle.
Kens429
Kens429

Back to top Go down

Post  Kens429 July 23rd 2011, 1:26 pm

Race Ready Fabrications wrote:
Kens429 wrote:We had planned on being there to run quick stick, but last weekend at the Edgewater UMTR race I rounded the dog ring and slider for second gear in the semi-finals. Didn't have enough time to get parts from Jerico this week. Sad It really stinks that it broke now. Ohio Valley is my favorite 1/8 mile track, with a great crowd. Good luck tonight, the UMTR is a great group to race with. You should try to come to some other races, we need more big block fords! I think that I'm the only one now.

Ken

Sorry bout the bad luck Ken. These stick shift deals are hard on parts. Dads on his 4th or 5th tranny and countless reared parts.....

You're right about that. It tends to find all of the weak links in the driveline. The Jerico problem was my fault for not adjusting the shift stop correctly and shifting without the clutch. I will say that after putting in my Calvert prepped Mag-force dual 8" sintered iron clutch, the car has been a lot easier on parts and way more consistent. If you have a camera, please take some pics tonight.
Kens429
Kens429

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications July 23rd 2011, 1:29 pm

Kens429 wrote:We had the same problem last year on the way to UMTR @ Owingsville. Bottle jack wasn't strong enough by itself, and floor jack just was barely enough help. Wouldn't have gotten the spare tire on if it had more than 20 psi. Then emptied my air tank and another UMTR and Ford racer's just to get to 45 psi. Of course these things happen when its blazing hot out! Hey, sometimes adversity on the way to the track gets the bad luck out of the way and paves the road to the winner's circle.

The day can only get better Very Happy

What's the difference between quick stick and street stick??
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications July 23rd 2011, 1:36 pm

...[/quote]

You're right about that. It tends to find all of the weak links in the driveline. The Jerico problem was my fault for not adjusting the shift stop correctly and shifting without the clutch. I will say that after putting in my Calvert prepped Mag-force dual 8" sintered iron clutch, the car has been a lot easier on parts and way more consistent. If you have a camera, please take some pics tonight.[/quote]

I'll definitely get some pics up later after we get home
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Kens429 July 23rd 2011, 1:47 pm

Race Ready Fabrications wrote:
Kens429 wrote:We had the same problem last year on the way to UMTR @ Owingsville. Bottle jack wasn't strong enough by itself, and floor jack just was barely enough help. Wouldn't have gotten the spare tire on if it had more than 20 psi. Then emptied my air tank and another UMTR and Ford racer's just to get to 45 psi. Of course these things happen when its blazing hot out! Hey, sometimes adversity on the way to the track gets the bad luck out of the way and paves the road to the winner's circle.

The day can only get better Very Happy

What's the difference between quick stick and street stick??

Street stick is more for new racers and street cars; less entry($30) and less payout. Quick Stick is generally more race only cars and good drivers; more entry($60) and more payout. I think that the e.t. min for Quick Stick is around 8.49. I think your dad would like Quick Stick. Best r/t gets bye runs, so go after it in those time runs!
Kens429
Kens429

Back to top Go down

Post  Kens429 July 24th 2011, 6:27 pm

How did your dad do last night? I couldn't find any info on the UMTR site.
Kens429
Kens429

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications July 24th 2011, 7:31 pm

Kens429 wrote:How did your dad do last night? I couldn't find any info on the UMTR site.

We lost first round. Track was bad for us and dad couldnt cut a lite due to the excessive wheel spin. We loaded up and went home....it was friggin hot as crap.
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Kens429 July 24th 2011, 8:54 pm

Sorry to hear that. Do you think you"ll you guys will go to any other UMTR races? I know it's a pretty far drive for you, but there is a race Sept. 3 in Owingsville at Bluegrass, Sept. 17 and Oct. 8 at Edgewater. Your dad's car would be a great addition to Quick Stick.

Ken
Kens429
Kens429

Back to top Go down

Stick shift race at Ohio Valley!! Empty stick

Post  bigblock t-bird July 25th 2011, 8:29 pm

A BBF with a stick is rare. I broke my Jerico three times last year. www.classicgearjammers.org Steve

bigblock t-bird

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblock t-bird July 25th 2011, 9:11 pm

By the way there have been some personnel changes at Jerico, for the good. Some of my buds that run a dr4 have a spare. I bit the bullet a got a Liberty. Steve

bigblock t-bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down