BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4x4 drag truck 4 link

+3
simpleman
bruno
gijoe4500
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

4x4 drag truck 4 link - Page 2 Empty Re: 4x4 drag truck 4 link

Post  kjett September 30th 2011, 3:22 pm

IcallhimGeorge wrote:EDIT: how can your fat fingers type faster than me?

Cuz my fat fingers work really good, just ask Lauren Twisted Evil
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 30th 2011, 10:47 pm

gijoe4500 wrote:no offense guys, but i was seeking an answer to a simple question. wasnt looking for whether or not i should do it, or whether or not i should buy a 2 post lift. truck is getting a 4 link, and the way it looks, i'll just have to play around with different antisquat values and figure it out myself. all i was seeking was a good starting point for dialing it in.

Not such a simple question. The proper set up and design of a 4 link is very much trial and error, with some guidelines that may get you close. If you are dead set on a 4 link as it seems you are, then by all means go for it. I am of the opinion that you would be better served saving that money and putting it in other places that will make you much faster. Even though the old addage of "You have to hook it to book it" applies, you have to have the power to apply first and foremost. A decent set of double adjustable coilovers with enough travel for an offroad application are over $350 a piece, let alone a good set of C/M bars and proper rod ends and brackets. For that amount, you could have a great set of heads done up properly and that is worth a lot of power to use on the track. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  460bronco October 7th 2011, 9:42 pm

I've been contemplating trying out a 4-link set-up as well, but sort of temporarily. I think it would be a pile of fun to try different instant center positions and determine what % antisquat works in different situations. Then use this info to fabricate a set of ladder bars to mimic the best set-up and fit my rules!

Basically the situation that mud dragsters are trying to run in is one with very limited traction...(obviously)

Can anybody who has palyed with a 4-link or ladder bar set-up give some insight into what you would do to get a better launch? (get more traction; slow the instant spinning off the line) Do you want to move the instant center up above the neutral line? below? etc? adjust the length of the bars?

Oh and to the OP have you made any progress yet? If so pics would be cool, and could you also include a few more pics of your three link up front? Do you have any adjustment built in to it?

Jon
460bronco
460bronco

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2