BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blake da' Snake is Flying at Beech Bend

+30
Tennessee Bullitt
stangr8cr
dr's wife racing
res0rli9
512Fairlane
83-88T-Bird Guy
Race Ready Fabrications
cool40
rmcomprandy
61coon
patfromjersey
D's557BBF
jbozzelle
bruno
knrclark
bigblockfox468
Doug Rahn
KY JELLY
Wheelie58
bbf-falcon
56Tbird
IDT-572
dfree383
schmitty
Lem Evans
Moodyblues
'65 T-BOLT
richter69
c.evans
34 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Blake da' Snake is Flying at Beech Bend - Page 6 Empty Re: Blake da' Snake is Flying at Beech Bend

Post  cool40 October 3rd 2011, 11:30 pm

IDT-572 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:The N.O.S. big shot plate with a proper 175 hp tune up will drive a rockin' BBF engine crazy.....which you have.

I ran it on a 351 c with the 175 tune and it drove it crazy................. picked up 1.4 seconds put it down in the low sixes. Twisted Evil
it takes more jug for a big boy! Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Blake da' Snake is Flying at Beech Bend - Page 6 Empty Re: Blake da' Snake is Flying at Beech Bend

Post  Lem Evans October 3rd 2011, 11:33 pm

cool40 wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:The N.O.S. big shot plate with a proper 175 hp tune up will drive a rockin' BBF engine crazy.....which you have.

I ran it on a 351 c with the 175 tune and it drove it crazy................. picked up 1.4 seconds put it down in the low sixes. Twisted Evil

Wrong......spray is a tq. maker. Which small blacks do not have. BBF need less spray than a SBF to rock on....be tru tongue

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 3rd 2011, 11:35 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
cool40 wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:

Wrong......spray is a tq. maker. Which small blacks do not have. BBF need less spray than a SBF to rock on....be tru tongue

yea............ Rolling Eyes
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans October 3rd 2011, 11:37 pm

My bad.........gas BBF don't need much spray.

Last edited by Lem Evans on October 3rd 2011, 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird October 3rd 2011, 11:37 pm

richter69 wrote:
56Tbird wrote:
richter69 wrote:I will add that is in the "mineshaft" air and a very well prepped track........but not to take away from it.

I'd kill for air like that, never happen around here though.
If you really believe that BS about the air being that much better up here,you'd be hauling that 3000lb. race car up here tomorrow.I don't think the air will make up for your Mr. Frosty.Blake will melt the Snowballs off Mr. Frosty Twisted Evil Idea

Ive been a .48 at 126.83 in 2500'da.......n/a In negative da I'm pretty sure it would be faster..............n/a

Since your so interested in comparing numbers bring that plastic fantastic out here and I'll show you the back of my rusty heap...............no mr frosty, no M5............I'll even leave all the weight in it it currently has so you cant make any excuses on why you got outran.....................No time shot, no dial in, unload it it and lets roll.................400 pro tree first one there wins.

I'm happy for Blake, he's worked his ass off.
I got a big surprise for you Flabiho...I won't need no baby bottle with it either...I'll shake that rust bucket to pieces when I turn this thing loose on you Razz king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 3rd 2011, 11:42 pm

Lem Evans wrote:My bad.........gas BBF don't need much spray.
gas is the only way to go with spray.........see we do agree Razz
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans October 3rd 2011, 11:45 pm

cool40 wrote:

Yes I agree........Blake would have run 1.112 60' if he had methanol no doubt.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 3rd 2011, 11:51 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
cool40 wrote:

1.10 at best. Wink
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans October 3rd 2011, 11:54 pm

cool40 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:
cool40 wrote:

1.10 at best. Wink

Only if he had a large building Wink ........with wide doors.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 3rd 2011, 11:57 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
cool40 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:
cool40 wrote:

1.10 at best. Wink

Only if he had a large building Wink ........with wide doors.
hell...........he's got green oil! what else could a guy need!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf October 4th 2011, 12:06 am

Here is a video of Blake second last pass on sunday.

Blake da' Snake is Flying at Beech Bend - Page 6 Th_PA020441
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 4th 2011, 8:20 am

56Tbird wrote:
richter69 wrote:
56Tbird wrote:
richter69 wrote:I will add that is in the "mineshaft" air and a very well prepped track........but not to take away from it.

I'd kill for air like that, never happen around here though.
If you really believe that BS about the air being that much better up here,you'd be hauling that 3000lb. race car up here tomorrow.I don't think the air will make up for your Mr. Frosty.Blake will melt the Snowballs off Mr. Frosty Twisted Evil Idea

Ive been a .48 at 126.83 in 2500'da.......n/a In negative da I'm pretty sure it would be faster..............n/a

Since your so interested in comparing numbers bring that plastic fantastic out here and I'll show you the back of my rusty heap...............no mr frosty, no M5............I'll even leave all the weight in it it currently has so you cant make any excuses on why you got outran.....................No time shot, no dial in, unload it it and lets roll.................400 pro tree first one there wins.

I'm happy for Blake, he's worked his ass off.
I got a big surprise for you Flabiho...I won't need no baby bottle with it either...I'll shake that rust bucket to pieces when I turn this thing loose on you Razz king

You have nothing that will surprise me lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY October 4th 2011, 9:58 am

IDT-572 wrote:
cool40 wrote:link to h'ville this weekend........... http://www.huntsvilledragway.com/news/Alabama-Versus-the-World.html

You goin Lee.....................?
good job Blake
I would be willing to go try and bust up that 5.30 index , but that's a stiff entry fee for 2 g's lol!

How fast are them promods down there ? We ran Louie through at 4.81 @141mph out of it at I57 last weekend with only 11% overdrive, 40 % over drive and a 200 shot he could probably be nasty . lol!

Don't forget Fun Ford weekend oct 15 at Memphis brand new penhall surface .
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird October 4th 2011, 10:35 am

Them Promods are slow there...They got really shitty air Razz lol!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird October 4th 2011, 10:36 am

Here you go Flabiho ,here's an old surprise for you Very Happy [img]Blake da' Snake is Flying at Beech Bend - Page 6 Pullmyfinger[/img]

Last edited by 56Tbird on October 4th 2011, 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY October 4th 2011, 10:49 am

When you 2 azzhats quit arguing about who has the fastest phord I am cooking off a batch of Col Moore's end of the gardenining season mild sweat tomato mash ethanol to do some real on track testing this weekend it will be available for $23.99 per gallon lol!

Last edited by KY JELLY on October 4th 2011, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 4th 2011, 10:50 am

56Tbird wrote:Here you Flabiho ,here's an old surprise for you Very Happy [img]Blake da' Snake is Flying at Beech Bend - Page 6 Pullmyfinger[/img]

^^^^^ fail...........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird October 4th 2011, 11:12 am

KY JELLY wrote:When you 2 azzhats quit arguing about who has the fastest phord I am cooking off a batch of Col Moore's end of the gardenining season mild sweat tomato mash ethanol to do some real on track testing this weekend it will be available for $23.99 per gallon lol!

Is there a minimum order Mr.February?? lol!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY October 4th 2011, 11:16 am

No sir but I offer my sales guarantee Very Happy
When heat is created by any unreversible process (such as friction or hot burning fuels ), there is a dissipation of mechanical energy, and a full restoration of it to its primitive condition is impossible.

KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY October 4th 2011, 11:37 am

In all seriousness what everyone should be paying attention to in this thread is Blake has physically shown how important Helmholtz resonator tuning is to an intake manifold . Yes we are limited too what is out there as far as pieces we can buy , but Blake has went way beyond that and custom fabed/modified his own manifold and the results are showing even in his traction/wheelie prone application . Its not a mistake his engine is running like this because he planned this from the get go. He has done his homework and its payed off. Very Happy
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird October 4th 2011, 11:43 am

Blake is a Real World HeRo !!!True Dat!! cheers king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 4th 2011, 12:11 pm

KY JELLY wrote:In all seriousness what everyone should be paying attention to in this thread is Blake has physically shown how important Helmholtz resonator tuning is to an intake manifold . Yes we are limited too what is out there as far as pieces we can buy , but Blake has went way beyond that and custom fabed/modified his own manifold and the results are showing even in his traction/wheelie prone application . Its not a mistake his engine is running like this because he planned this from the get go. He has done his homework and its payed off. Very Happy

I hear he may be working on another intake as we speak.................. Smile
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 October 4th 2011, 12:12 pm

richter69 wrote:
KY JELLY wrote:In all seriousness what everyone should be paying attention to in this thread is Blake has physically shown how important Helmholtz resonator tuning is to an intake manifold . Yes we are limited too what is out there as far as pieces we can buy , but Blake has went way beyond that and custom fabed/modified his own manifold and the results are showing even in his traction/wheelie prone application . Its not a mistake his engine is running like this because he planned this from the get go. He has done his homework and its payed off. Very Happy

I hear he may be working on another intake as we speak.................. Smile

True True.............. Cool
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy October 4th 2011, 2:05 pm

X 2 !

Could a production cast intake based on all his hard work be in the future Question
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 4th 2011, 9:22 pm

KY JELLY wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:
cool40 wrote:link to h'ville this weekend........... http://www.huntsvilledragway.com/news/Alabama-Versus-the-World.html

You goin Lee.....................?
good job Blake
I would be willing to go try and bust up that 5.30 index , but that's a stiff entry fee for 2 g's lol!

How fast are them promods down there ? We ran Louie through at 4.81 @141mph out of it at I57 last weekend with only 11% overdrive, 40 % over drive and a 200 shot he could probably be nasty . lol!

Don't forget Fun Ford weekend oct 15 at Memphis brand new penhall surface .
that Lowmad car ran some 3.60's back in the early spring air this year.i dont know what kinda rules they run but they're bad fast cars. Very Happy
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next